Global Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Richard Belcher

Pros
  • Great opportunity to really help small business owners while learning a lot of different business types (in 22 reviews)

• It gives one perspective of the nature and state of small business in America (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • They gather 20-25 people, teach them high pressure sales techniques (one week total training) and many leave during the course of the week (in 9 reviews)

• This is a sales job were very few people make money and the ones that make money know it is not under ethical practices (in 10 reviews)

1. "biz analyst"

Current Employee - Biz Analyst in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Biz Analyst in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Global Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My coworkers are amazing and the job offered me a great opportunity to learn the position. You have the freedom to make your opinion known and step up to make a difference.

Cons

You can't choose which clients you end up working with and this can present problems. Personalities clash.

Advice to Management

promote more from within

2. "Taught me a lot."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Global Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I felt like I was really given an opportunity to grow into the position. Having had no prior experience as an analyst I found the initial training to be invaluable. Office environment is pleasant and I have made many friends. Work life balance seems decent when compared with previous positions.

Cons

It might be from a lack of experience but I felt initial offer should have been higher.

Advice to Management

pay me more

3. "sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Northbrook, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Northbrook, IL

I have been working at Global Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You learn a lot about the industry working at global. The office atmosphere is great and the pay is competitive. They are more than willing to train employees and management feels very hands on.

Cons

hours are not for everyone and tasks can be difficult.

Advice to Management

lead by example

5. "Consulting Recruiter"

Current Employee - Consulting Recruiter in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Consulting Recruiter in Buffalo Grove, IL

I have been working at Global Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My team is made up of a great group of people and communication is always helpful with hitting our goals. Company pays expenses on time and the compensation is competitive for the industry. Management seems to take my suggestions seriously and I feel like I am a valued part of the team.

Cons

Some people can be super competitive which I do not find appealing.

Advice to Management

work on the company atmosphere.

"Worst company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst

I have been working at Global Resources (Less than a year)

Pros

Zero there are no pros to speak of

Cons

The biggest lying company in the world. They would have me travel all over the country and clients would literally kick me out their offices. They had no idea why I was there. Waste of my time and energy. $100 per diem a day for car food and hotel. Don't work for this company. You've been warned. I almost got jumped by bikers @ a harley Davidson shop because the company kept bothering them. they don't let you speak to other analysts because they know they're full of.......

Advice to Management

Be honest and upfront to all employees. And if you guys had a real HR department managers....you'd be fired

7. "Extremely unprofessional and unethical company"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Global Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely no positives.

Cons

Supervision (Survey System Directors, SSD's), are totally unprofessional and the Senior Business Analyst (SBA)position is nothing more than a high pressured sales job. SBA's are told not to take no for an answer from prospective clients and I have actually traveled to three different states in the same day and didn't have one legitimate client. Each one of the potential clients told me that the sales person would not take no for an answer and they were not interested in the very expensive services that Global had to offer. That happened to me frequently. I actually went in the hole working at Global because my expenses exceeded their reimbursement an I stayed in cheap hotels and ate fast food. Due to the tightness of the schedules that I had to follow, I rarely got more than four hours of sleep per night. This job truly sucked.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to clients and treat them and your employees with respect. Tell your SSD's that they are a pathetic excuse for supervision.

8. "admin assistant"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Global Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is my 3rd year as a secretary with this company and so far so good. Starting pay package seemed very good compared to my last company and the work is easy enough. I mostly provide support for people who are out in the field.

Cons

when it gets busy I feel like we are understaffed.

Advice to Management

Hire more people during busier times.

"Churn and burn and screw clients"

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at Global Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. You don't want this job.

Cons

The "Business Analyst" position is a sham. Basically they send you to small businesses like auto repair shops and small manufactuers. You're supposed to ask them a bunch of questions and look at their financial paperwork. Then if they're doing bad, good, or great, you're supposed to tell them why they aren't doing as great as they can be and why they should pay you a HUGE fee to help them. The mindset of the company is do and say anything to get a sale. When you call in from the field to get advice the managers are so overwhelmed they only have a minute or 2 to talk with you before they have to jump on the next call of the other poor consultant in the field so just do the best you can buddy. The worst part is that you're supposed to lie to these business owners who are struggling as it is, and ask them for more money than they can afford for a service that doesn't help...google reviews by clients and Global Resources Scam. If you don't have a conscience you'll have no problem doing this, but if you do it'll get old very fast. Actually that's not even the worst part. The worst part is that when you walk into a "scheduled appointment" with a business owner, 80% of the time they have no idea who you are and you spend the first 45 minutes just trying to convince them they should talk to you because they filled out some form and talked to an inside salesperson who set the appointment up like a month ago. This happened to me multiple times and I got kicked out multiple times. So you end up flying all over from city to city just to NOT have a firmly qualified lead and getting kicked out, what a waste of time. No no no, you don't want to work here. I understand that the office jobs INSIDE the corporate headquarters are decent but that's not the traveling "business analyst" position. Stay away. You've been warned.

Advice to Management

Stop scamming decent hard working small business people out of hard earned money.

10. "consulting"

Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Global Resources full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Known in the industry, competitive starting pay structure and upper level management seems competent. Felt like they had a vested interest in my success as an employee.

Cons

sometimes i felt like I was alone with no one to help. Felt like support was lacking.

Advice to Management

beef up communication with people in the field.

"Senior Business Analyst = High Pressure Sales"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Buffalo Grove, IL

I worked at Global Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Depends. If you love to leave your home on a Sunday afternoon at 3 and get back either late Thursday Night or sometime Friday, Travel is awesome. Build frequent flyer miles, go places you would not normally go and meet people you would never meet. Financial Analysis Training is very beneficial. I believe that the company has beneficial services to offer clients, but I am a concerned that there is a lot of over-selling. LOVE THE ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF --- VERY SUPPORTIVE AND VERY CHEERFUL. My supervisor (referred to as a "Senex" or SSD" was extremely financially capable and a very, very good salesman which, again, is what this job is all about. The analysis you provide to businesses is honest, but maybe not as complete as you would like it to be; you can't provide a comprehensive analysis in 3 days or less. Some analysts make a lot of money, but it is very difficult. Company motto: "No Easy Days"---there truly are no easy days.

Cons

Company has a sales force that get you in the door----any way they can. You may spend a great deal of time convincing your clients to listen to you because the methods use by sales people border from deception to honesty. In most instances, clients are expecting a sales presentation, to be delivered by you in 30 minutes or less. The travel can be killer. I have been scheduled to arrive at the destination airport at 11:00 pm to midnight the night before an 8:00 pm appointment. Per Diem reimbursements are tight, but doable. Training of how to run a job differs widely from the way your SSD will tell you to run a job. Essentially, your job is to sell consulting services to a customer. The typical minimum sale is 150 hours at a rate of anywhere from $265.00 per hour up. Additionally, you can sell Tax strategy services at a minimum of $16,500.00, Transactional Tax Services at a minimum of $22,500.00, Valuation services at 15,500 minimum among other services. Frequently you are walking into lukewarm to hostile appointments. Last client I went to threw me out of the office with a threat that he would call the police if I came through his door without knocking and being allowed entry. Harsh. Even though you are in the door to provide an analysis, you are instructed not to get caught up in the analysis. Your job is to point out ever glaring error with business operations, help the owner feel bad enough and then show him that there is a rescue. It is difficult to break through some egos and one of the problems that I encountered was with business owners who felt so bad that they didn't want to try and address the problem. Training does not match reality.

Advice to Management

An increase in company-wide honesty would go a long way.