Global Response Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Stephen Shooster

Pros
  • stable job , stable pay , weekly pay (in 7 reviews)

• If you do not have a record and you have experience in customer service most likely you will be hired (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • only two 15 minute breaks in a 8 hour shift (in 3 reviews)

• the department you work for may only need temp agents, so you get let go with out a warning (in 4 reviews)

1. "Answering Service Agent"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Margate, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Margate, FL

I have been working at Global Response full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Global Response is one of the best companies I have ever worked for. The managers are always there to help and my coworkers are great. It is a family company and you can feel that working here.

Cons

Salary and the mandatory one weekend workday

Advice to Management

Stay off your cell phones and FB while at work, it sets a bad example.

2. "Customer Service"

I worked at Global Response full-time

Pros

The pros are Weekly Pay, very diverse culture, food trucks, a range of schedules since building is open twenty four hours a day, sevrn days a week

Cons

No lunchtime, micromanaging without training for growtj, nepotism, favoritism, promotions are a joke and the pay is only a little more than what regular customer service representatives make

Advice to Management

Treat employees like they are valued by encouraging advancement and making it worthwhile to advance through pay and activities and attitudes to boost moral within the company.

3. "Data Entry Specialist"

Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist
    Former Employee - Data Entry Specialist

I worked at Global Response full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Global Response gave me an opportunity to fully understand the nuts and bolts of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan's healthcare plans. I was given the challenge of updating the group plans to conform with the Healthcare Affordability Act's requirements.

Cons

Global Response was very friendly, but unapproachable because they randomly walked people out the door without explanation. Just threw them to the street and said "We don't need your services anymore." No explanation or anything. Created a very tense environment.

Advice to Management

None really. I don't think they want it.

"customer service"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Pros

stable job , stable pay , weekly pay

Cons

no pay raise after over a year

Advice to Management

give raises!

"Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Margate, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Margate, FL

I have been working at Global Response (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay, good hours, friendly atmosphere., and overtime.

Cons

Possibly temp position if not picked up after the 90 days. Pay can be increased.

7. "Brand care specialist"

Pros

Flexible hours, laid back, management is pretty understanding

Cons

Low pay, no real growth, high school behavior, very short breaks, lines for microwaves to warm lunch up

8. "Customer Service"

I worked at Global Response full-time

Pros

There is "ABSOULUTELY NO PROS FOR WORKING FOR THIS COMPANY"!

Cons

I will forever be disgusted with this company and the way they treat their employees. I was fired because I was told that the recording of my call was not pause when they were fully aware of the system issues that they were having.

Advice to Management

Get systems that work for your account.

9. "Great values, poorly executed leadership"

Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in Margate, FL
    Current Employee - Business Development Consultant in Margate, FL

I have been working at Global Response full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's truly a family-oriented company. There are great benefits, an open door policy for concerns, thorough organization, and the knowledge that you are part of an important team. Concerns are addressed in a timely fashion and there is plenty of room to grow.

Cons

Direct management is often poorly trained, overworked, and under equipped. There is a lot of red tape involved for coming to any solutions. Parking is an absolute nightmare. You will be monitored on an excruciating Orwellian 1984 level that makes it impossible to be a human.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, cross-train your leaders, see your employees are people rather than dispensable sources of labour, and communicate more effectively when you have a concern.

10. "Global Response"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Global Response (More than a year)

Pros

Very family oriented telecommunications company.

Cons

Telecommunications company sometimes people are nasty

"Call Centers"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Margate, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Margate, FL

I worked at Global Response full-time

Pros

I have worked at SEVERAL call Centers in my life and this company is the best one I ever worked for!! They are professional, no loud music or celebrations of team sales!! There's nothing wrong with trying to keep up morale but you have to be able to hear your customers and the customers have to be able to hear you!! At this company, that's not a problem!! The amenities provided to the employe! More than one break room in every building and a grill with someone to help you with getting something to eat!! Good healthy food, along with people's desires to eat unhealthy as well!! Pizza, hotdogs, sandwiches, etc. are there for you too! The balance of life and work is up to the ADULTS that work there!! You can, if necessary have a half hour break, however, most employees like the two fifteen minute breaks because then you don't have to punch out, so therefore you get paid for every minute you're on the clock; earning you as much income as possible!! That includes overtime too!! The season is here at the end of the year, so plenty of overtime at $11.00 an hour plus the time and a half! Yhe training is very compact and intense, but if you have the skill, which you should have for the job before you start there, because they hire professional customer service representatives!! Management is awesome in my opinion!! My manager and supervisors were excellent and the same management is still there!! So in other words, one of the best places I ever worked!! They have high caliber clients, such as National Geographic, Lane Bryant's, Justice, Cacique, etc., over dusty clients!! I recommend this company to everyone with the qualifications to work there!!! The people who don't believe this is a great place to work, are going to complain no matter where they work! If you are an adult that does not have to be babysat then you should apply!!!!!!!!

Cons

The only cons are that everything isn't perfect for everyone, because very few work places are!! We rarely can have everything we want!! It's not a Utopia world!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, however; a little more benefits for seasonal employees would be nice!! Full-time, permanent employees get benefits as at other companies!!