Global Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Family Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Global Software full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

New ideas are welcomed by management. Some really good people there.

Cons

Purchased in 2016 by Investment firm.

"Inept management and a general waste of time"

I worked at Global Software full-time

Pros

The chance to work remotely was good, though hours were not flexible. People were generally nice. Good vibe when I was in the office, albeit short-lived.

Cons

I've never experienced such an anal-retentive policy of micromanagement in my career of 15 years in my industry. There was zero clarity given when it came to everything from assignment deadlines to meeting attendance. After a hilariously rocky on-boarding experience with the recruiter, I was given incorrect travel details for two trips to the office in Raleigh, including one instance in which I received my hotel information when I got off the airplane. How in the world can anyone expect to retain candidates if you fail to provide lodging instructions for their stay?

Upon accepting the role, nothing improved. Communication was terrible. It was obvious that upper management played favorites, as the company was split down the middle between employees of 20+ years and the younger generation of mostly millennials. The CEO treats most everyone like obnoxious children and is strongly disliked by some employees. Expectations were absolutely not set, and I was lied to about policies on more than one occasion. On top of that, my salary was disappointingly low even after I attempted to negotiate diplomatically. If you won't pay people what they're worth, don't expect them to stick around for long.

Avoid this place like the plague. Given that there's so much utter chaos erupting within this company, don't be fooled by the supposedly cool "work from anywhere" rhetoric. I'm willing to let some of it slide because of the company being a "rapidly changing environment," but come on. Treat your employees with respect, be honest, and figure out a recruiting process that doesn't feel like being waterboarded while someone grinds nails on a chalkboard for three consecutive weeks.

Advice to Management

Lay out expectations clearly and don't overreact when someone commits a minor offense by accident. Pay people what they're worth. Work out a recruiting process that isn't horrible.

Jul 21, 2017 – Management

We are sorry to hear that you had such a terrible experience during your interview, onboarding, and tenure with us at Global. Working remote is definitely a benefit we are happy to offer employees... More

3. "Business Development"

Pros

When I started working for the company, I had no background in IT/Finance, but I was able to ask a lot of questions, and routinely pop into different people's offices to ask questions that were WAY below their pay-grade (haha). Being newer to the corporate side of things, I didn't realize how kind everyone was to sit and patiently answer my questions and genuinely care about my personal growth. I think that says a lot about a company.

Cons

I wish there was a better communal space stocked with snacks and drinks for employees to gather and hang out.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on bringing great new talent-- the growth of the company is evident and exciting!

"Dated and Terrible Management"

Former Employee - In Marketing in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - In Marketing in Raleigh, NC

Pros

-flexible hours, sort of
    -great benefit package

Cons

-awful work environment, demographic is tired and slow
    -management is not up to date on the latest ANYTHING (because compensation increases the longer you're with the company, many people have been there so long they're out of touch)
    -office is loud and unorganized, no communication between departments

Advice to Management

rework your management structure, what you're doing now is slow and disorganized. you need to embrace a GSD attitude rather than a we'll-finish-it-when-we-finish-it attitude.

Jun 10, 2016 – Management

It is unfortunate that you did not have a positive experience during your tenure at Global. We try to make the work environment professional and enjoyable for all of our employees. We do reward... More

"Do not waste your time with this company"

I have been working at Global Software full-time

Pros

When you first start with Global, they make you feel like there is a lot of opportunity for growth and upward movement within the company. That was what they lead me to believe. I stuck it out for 2+ years and was never shown any inkling of being able to work towards a bigger goal. I began to feel like I would be 'stuck at the bottom' forever. Just be warned. I heard similar concerns from a lot of my colleagues while at Global.

Cons

The management, the management, the management. There are stories from years ago when Global was 'fun' and laid back. That is NOT the case anymore. It is very stuffy and micromanaged. The work-life balance is awful. This is a family owned company...and it is definitely family run. They do not take anyone else's opinions into consideration....only their own.

Advice to Management

Hire new management. Fresh eyes. This entire company needs a serious revamp in order to become a respectable place to work.

Jun 10, 2016 – Management

It is unfortunate that you had such a negative experience working at Global. We pride ourselves on being flexible and understanding of employee work life balance. We are a growing company and we feel... More

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Provides flexibility and appreciates loyalty and strong work ethic. Seeks internally for new hires to promote growth among employees. Fast-paced, nimble environment enabling the company to quickly respond to customer and employee needs. Customer service and employee success is the company's mantra. Listens to the voice of the Sr. Management team and uses this information to make decisions quickly yet methodically.

Cons

Being a smaller company, employees must appreciate a fast-paced culture and understand that procedures evolve as does the business.

Jun 10, 2016 – Management

Thank you for your review and for being the best part of Global Software Inc.

"Team Oriented Environment, Great management team"

I have been working at Global Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have worked for software companies for the last 10 years and Global is by far the best. Management genuinely cares about your opinion and everyone works very well together. I have the opportunity to speak with anyone on the management team just about whenever I want. Being a remote employee, I don't care that I don't see them everyday. I know they are there when I need them and they back that up with their actions. We have price lists we work from so we have a guide to price the solutions in a way that works for our customers. Global strives to do better each year and continue growing, which we are doing. We have the best teams around!

Cons

Occasionally, we might experience some growing pains, but management is always working towards correcting them. When there is turnover, which is always going to happen in a technology company, there isn't always communication with the teams that are impacted.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve processes and documentation as well as communication with the teams.

Feb 16, 2016 – Talent Acquistion Manager

Thank you for your loyalty for over ten years and the kind words! We have taken steps to continue improving our internal communication lines. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve please... More

"Excellent, team oriented work environment"

Pros

I've been working at Global for about 5 years and love the dynamic, team-oriented work environment. I think it really says a lot that the company has been in business for 40 years. Our team is extremely committed to make sure our clients are happy and my colleagues are very supportive and helpful. Leadership is hands on and I really value the open communication with management.

Cons

The company is growing quickly so there is a need for defining evolving operating procedures, although management has been proactive at addressing this.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep lines of communication open across all departments.

Jul 21, 2017 – Management

Thank you for your services to Global Software. We will continue to better the lines of communication.

"Tough call"

I have been working at Global Software full-time

Pros

Good benefits, Only certain people have access to work from home, flexible schedules. Really nice product, some wonderful long-time employee mentors

Cons

The reviews here are true. Things can be great-if you are a certain age, gender or race depending on the perk. Extremely biased organization with people always seeking to report your or gossip about you. CEO has extremely egotistical and inept children running the company.

Advice to Management

Try to improve where needed instead of posting bogus reviews. It does not take much to do small nice things for ALL employees. Bias will land you a lawsuit soon. Remember you are not doing a favor handing over a paycheck, people are working for it.

Feb 16, 2016 – Management

Our apologies that you have been made to feel that this has not been an enjoyable experience for you. We do not force or even suggest to any of our employees to post bogus reviews on Glassdoor. We... More

"Would never have accepted offer letter if I knew"

I have been working at Global Software full-time

Pros

The only pros I can think of are that the management aren't in the office at all so you can work unsupervised.

Cons

Since the management aren't in the office, they have other employees that watch you like a hawk. Not good for employee trust. Not a flexible work-life balance at all except for a couple of people who have been here forever can do wahtever they want.

Advice to Management

Yall need to figure out a better way to run this business. Bring people in here to train your employees and figure out how to do fun company things because sof ar there haven't been any.

Feb 16, 2016 – Management

This is very disappointing to read that we have a current employee that is this dissatisfied in their current role with us at Global Software. We are always looking for ways to improve the work... More