Global Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Ronald Kupferman

"Great Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Provides flexibility and appreciates loyalty and strong work ethic. Seeks internally for new hires to promote growth among employees. Fast-paced, nimble environment enabling the company to quickly respond to customer and employee needs. Customer service and employee success is the company's mantra. Listens to the voice of the Sr. Management team and uses this information to make decisions quickly yet methodically.

Cons

Being a smaller company, employees must appreciate a fast-paced culture and understand that procedures evolve as does the business.

Jun 10, 2016 – Management

Thank you for your review and for being the best part of Global Software Inc.

"Dated and Terrible Management"

Former Employee - In Marketing in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - In Marketing in Raleigh, NC

Pros

-flexible hours, sort of
    -great benefit package

Cons

-awful work environment, demographic is tired and slow
    -management is not up to date on the latest ANYTHING (because compensation increases the longer you're with the company, many people have been there so long they're out of touch)
    -office is loud and unorganized, no communication between departments

Advice to Management

rework your management structure, what you're doing now is slow and disorganized. you need to embrace a GSD attitude rather than a we'll-finish-it-when-we-finish-it attitude.

Jun 10, 2016 – Management

It is unfortunate that you did not have a positive experience during your tenure at Global. We try to make the work environment professional and enjoyable for all of our employees. We do reward ... More

"The cream didn't rise to the top"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Global Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upper Management isn't in the Raleigh office all of the time. There are some good hard-working, friendly people to work with there.

Cons

Upper management is rude, belittling, arrogant, not very knowledgeable in regards to the skills of the one's doing all of the work, and not willing to give credit. Also very cliquish environment, kind of like High School. Very high turnover.

Advice to Management

A company shouldn't be a dictatorship. Let your employees have a say, they are the knowledgeable ones.

Jan 26, 2016 – Management

On behalf of Global Software Inc. we apologize for your negative experience during your time with us. While we make every effort to be in Raleigh as often as possible it is simply impossible with ... More

"Not what you think"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Global Software (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not many pros for this company. Unless you like being belittled.

Cons

Leadership is egocentric and favors hiring attractive women to be customer facing.

Advice to Management

Get "real" talent in place, not daddy's boys.

Jan 26, 2016 – Management

We apologize that you had a negative experience during your tenure of over five years. We appreciate your services for over five years to the company. We have a very in depth interview process ... More

"Global is a place where you are challenged, given opportunities to grow and excel in a family friendly work place."

Current Employee - Anonymous in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Global Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Started working at the company with little to no experience in the industry and have been able to grow and within the company in a short amount of time. Work environment is enjoyable and flexible. Trusted to get the job done and not micromanaged. Happy customers and an excellent product allowing Global Software, Inc. to be the industry leader in Excel Automation.

Cons

Politics, but that comes with every company.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees as well as your customers. Also, consider having more opportunities for gatherings to help connect more employees.

"Global Software has great solutions"

Current Employee - Vice President, Product Sales & Consultation in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Vice President, Product Sales & Consultation in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Global Software full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Global Software has great solutions

Cons

Due to a lack of marketing efforts, the company is unknown

Advice to Management

Hire a Marketing Expert

Jan 26, 2016 – Management

Thank you for your feedback and your dedication to Global Software for over eight years. In the last few years we have heavily invested in our marketing team and have a very experienced Director of ... More

"Small Company with very small mentality"

Former Employee - Programmer in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Programmer in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Most of the employees are Senior in there field and no what to do to make things happen. No need to be micro managed. The employees are the reason why this company is doing well not the upper management.

Cons

No comunication , inexperience and unprofessional upper management

Advice to Management

Not sure where to start but hiring people from out side the family.

9. "A Growing Company"

I have been working at Global Software full-time

Pros

There are a lot of mixed reviews out here in regards to Global. I typically do not write reviews but felt it necessary to clarify some things. If you are like me before you take a job you google the company to see what their reputation is and I am assuming that is how you ended up reading my review. Global Software is an AMAZING place to work. The management team truly cares about you as an employee and the growth of the company. Global like EVERY company has had growing pains; the biggest difference is the management team at Global truly listens and tries to learn from their employees on how they can be better.

In 2017 Global Software moved it office space to a more modern open layout. They have one of the best benefits packages in the workforce, (what company offers long-term care...Global does). Compensation is very competitive to the market and the work life balance is why I took the job and still work here. There is a social committee that plans happy hours, cookouts, picnics, etc. The tenure at the company says enough...because when you work for Global you are not an employee you are family.

If you want to work for a company that has great growth potential and job stability this is the place for you. The reviews that are negative I ask you to take it with a grain of salt and realize that the management team cares enough to respond to every review.

Cons

There really is not much negative to share that is not norm to any growing company. I would say something that some may consider a con would be management relies on you to get your job done with very little hand holding. If you need help or have questions, they rely on you to be the professional and come seek assistance without having to constantly check-in with you; I personally view that as a pro.

We are also growing very rapidly and there can be some growing pains with that, but I truly believe the team we have now is well equipped to take Global Software to the next level!!

Advice to Management

Keep rocking!!!!!

10. "Business Development"

Pros

When I started working for the company, I had no background in IT/Finance, but I was able to ask a lot of questions, and routinely pop into different people's offices to ask questions that were WAY below their pay-grade (haha). Being newer to the corporate side of things, I didn't realize how kind everyone was to sit and patiently answer my questions and genuinely care about my personal growth. I think that says a lot about a company.

Cons

I wish there was a better communal space stocked with snacks and drinks for employees to gather and hang out.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on bringing great new talent-- the growth of the company is evident and exciting!

"Do not waste your time with this company"

I have been working at Global Software full-time

Pros

When you first start with Global, they make you feel like there is a lot of opportunity for growth and upward movement within the company. That was what they lead me to believe. I stuck it out for 2+ years and was never shown any inkling of being able to work towards a bigger goal. I began to feel like I would be 'stuck at the bottom' forever. Just be warned. I heard similar concerns from a lot of my colleagues while at Global.

Cons

The management, the management, the management. There are stories from years ago when Global was 'fun' and laid back. That is NOT the case anymore. It is very stuffy and micromanaged. The work-life balance is awful. This is a family owned company...and it is definitely family run. They do not take anyone else's opinions into consideration....only their own.

Advice to Management

Hire new management. Fresh eyes. This entire company needs a serious revamp in order to become a respectable place to work.

Jun 10, 2016 – Management

It is unfortunate that you had such a negative experience working at Global. We pride ourselves on being flexible and understanding of employee work life balance. We are a growing company and we feel ... More