Global Tax Management Reviews | Glassdoor

David R. Laurinaitis

1. "Invested in Success"

Current Employee - Manager in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Global Tax Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

With the employee stock ownership plan ("ESOP") at GTM, there's a natural environment in place where people throughout the company are working together – both for each other and toward a common goal. GTM further fosters that mentality through a variety of social and professional committees in which employees can involve themselves, including the Health and Wellness Committee, the GTM Women’s Network and several technical committees that focus on professional development in specific areas of tax.

In addition to the committees, GTM also hosts company- and client-wide events throughout the year as a means of bringing everyone together outside the office whether it’s for networking, job-related education or just a good time. They sponsor coed sports year-round and recently held their inaugural Day of Service where employees were able to help organizations across the Philadelphia area.

At GTM, we’re invested in the success of each other because we’re invested in the success of the company, our clients and the community.

Cons

As with most public accounting companies, the hours can be long during busy season, depending on client demands. This can be a significant culture shock to people who are accustomed to working a standard 9-5 schedule year-round.

2. "GTM - Best Places to Work"

I have been working at Global Tax Management full-time

Pros

You have the opportunity to shape your own career based upon your own personal goals & initiative, Rapidly growing company, Highly regarded in the industry, Room for Advancement, Employee owned company (ESOP), Broad Experiences & Opportunities, GTM family like culture, Cares about employees, Competitive Salary & Benefits, Lots of GTM Events & Committees, Continuing Education Reimbursement (CPA & MST) & Training, Work-life balance (depending upon client)

Cons

Work-Life Balance (Depending upon client)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work & transparency! The tone at the top really trickles down to the staff. As long as we continue to keep our employees a main priority in addition to the growing business, I think we will continue to succeed.

3. "GTM - a great place to work"

Current Employee - Supervising Senior Tax Analyst in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Supervising Senior Tax Analyst in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Global Tax Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Throughout my five years at GTM I've been extremely happy with all facets of my employment. On top of the competitive salary, bonus, and benefit structures in place, GTM has developed an outstanding working atmosphere both in house and at client locations. Each day I come to work excited to continue growing as a tax professional next to my co-workers, who I consider some of the friendliest people I've met. GTM has truly succeeded in creating a small-firm family atmosphere, evident by the CEO and other members of upper management taking the time say hello to each employee as they walk through the office (a small example but something you come to appreciate when you see how some other firms operate). Despite this small-firm feel, GTM continues to grow as a major player in the corporate tax world and offers invaluable experience working with large multi-national firms in a range of industries. Throw in company parties, sports teams, and charity events and it's easy to see why GTM is such a great place to work.

Cons

None, I really enjoy working for the company.

5. "GTM, Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Tax Analyst in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Tax Analyst in Radnor, PA

Pros

Employees are treated like family, never felt intimidated by Sr. Managers or Directors to reach out for questions or advice, GTM gives you the tools and opportunity to grow in your career.

Cons

Work load seems to be uneven at the various levels, causing some burn out. It would be nice to see a bit more rotation.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the employees whether it be about business or personal matters. Don't ever lose track of the company culture and the people who make GTM a unique place to work. Keep up the great community service events and fun company gatherings.

6. "Great Place to Work"

I worked at Global Tax Management full-time

Pros

GTM is a great place to work, it's actively growing and the different clients make it interesting and a great place to start a career.

Cons

Depending on the client, travel time can be annoying as much of the time you are on site at the client's location.

7. "Tax Analyst"

Pros

growth, generous compensation package, great events, great work/life balance

Cons

minimal supervisor (can be good or bad)

"Strong growing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Pros

Strong and growing company with lots of opportunities

Cons

Culture is changing to more of a Big 4 feel. The secret ingredient at GTM was the family atmosphere. It would be a shame to lose that.

Advice to Management

Remember what made us great. Don't succumb to the temptation to put the bottom line before people.

9. "Great Company, Great Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

I worked at Global Tax Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Access to Big 4 accounting experience, Access to different areas to focus on, family feel

Cons

Because of the size there are cliques and some favoritism.

Advice to Management

Continue to treat employees well and the company as a whole will continue to reap the benefits. Since the company is now in different areas of tax and accounting, other Master's Degrees should be allowed based on focus.

10. "Positive"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Small company with a good client base that provides employees and wide variety of oppertunities to learn and grow within the company.

Cons

Everyone knows everyone elses business. The small company makes it difficulat for anything to be between two people. Company has a clique nature within some managers and directors.

Advice to Management

Overall management is good and the company is an enjoyable place to work. There could be a better overall communication of companies performance.

11. "GTM"

Former Employee - Senior Tax Analyst in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Tax Analyst in Radnor, PA

Pros

Good, relaxed place to work. Very easy going with scheduling. Great work-life balance. Excellent clients..same as Big 4. Good benefits as well.

Cons

Same ole politics as most companies. A few of the managers are not very pleasant or just push things off on you but overall GTM is a good place to work.

Advice to Management

Management is fair and should continue to stay that way. They do sometimes tend to have management that doesn't care or just gives you assignments and let you go without knowing what to do.