Global Tax Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
David R. Laurinaitis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best Company I Have Ever Worked For"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Global Tax Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never worked for a company more focused on their employees, and coming from a former employer who was the complete opposite, this company is a breath of fresh air. I am energized by the GTM culture and love the atmosphere.

Cons

I have been working here for a little over a year now, and still cannot find any cons with this company. I love the people I work with and love what I do.

2. "High-performing tax services firm with true family focus!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Global Tax Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

High-performing culture with focus on work-products but also emphasizing downtime and schedule balancing for avoiding overworking. Independent working environment with little micromanagement. As with some accounting firms, you're encouraged to develop professional relationships and take ownership of projects you're on. Tuition program for master's is awesome because the firm pays expenses first rather than reimbursement (where you have to pay the school first; of course you have to make the grade). Family-friendly environment where people take time to explain difficult concepts for you. As a Big 4 alum, its refreshing to not only work on tax technical aspects of projects, but to experience and contribute to operational tasks (similar to what corporate tax departments are responsible for).

Cons

Monthly training is scattershot and highly specific. Unsure whether more frequent, but shorter online trainings would work better. Looking forward to the revamped training classes in the next year. High deductible/low premium plan is sufficient, although I'm used to a lower ded/higher premium health plan.

Advice to Management

The company culture is great! It's a great blend of providing quality tax services while also ensuring that every employee is engaged and balanced with their personal lives. Keep up the great community service events and fun company gatherings.

3. "GTM - Where You Want To Be"

Current Employee - Senior Tax Analyst in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Global Tax Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can't imagine finding a better work environment anywhere else after experiencing the environment at GTM. Welcoming environment with plenty of opportunity to get involved. Salary, bonus, and benefits are competitive and you have the opportunity to grow your career based on your initiative. The firm is an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) which is an additional benefit, and creates a family oriented culture where everyone wants each other to succeed. Because of the smaller size of the firm, as a staff you have access to sr. level management and directors which you do not get at all firms. GTM may be a smaller firm, but they are a huge player in the corporate tax field and this allows employees to get the same "big four" experience without working in the grueling environment of the big four.

Cons

Like all public accounting firms the hours during busy season can be long.

4. "Invested in Success"

Current Employee - Manager in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Global Tax Management full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

With the employee stock ownership plan ("ESOP") at GTM, there's a natural environment in place where people throughout the company are working together – both for each other and toward a common goal. GTM further fosters that mentality through a variety of social and professional committees in which employees can involve themselves, including the Health and Wellness Committee, the GTM Women’s Network and several technical committees that focus on professional development in specific areas of tax.

In addition to the committees, GTM also hosts company- and client-wide events throughout the year as a means of bringing everyone together outside the office whether it’s for networking, job-related education or just a good time. They sponsor coed sports year-round and recently held their inaugural Day of Service where employees were able to help organizations across the Philadelphia area.

At GTM, we’re invested in the success of each other because we’re invested in the success of the company, our clients and the community.

Cons

As with most public accounting companies, the hours can be long during busy season, depending on client demands. This can be a significant culture shock to people who are accustomed to working a standard 9-5 schedule year-round.

5. "GTM - Best Places to Work"

I have been working at Global Tax Management full-time

Pros

You have the opportunity to shape your own career based upon your own personal goals & initiative, Rapidly growing company, Highly regarded in the industry, Room for Advancement, Employee owned company (ESOP), Broad Experiences & Opportunities, GTM family like culture, Cares about employees, Competitive Salary & Benefits, Lots of GTM Events & Committees, Continuing Education Reimbursement (CPA & MST) & Training, Work-life balance (depending upon client)

Cons

Work-Life Balance (Depending upon client)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work & transparency! The tone at the top really trickles down to the staff. As long as we continue to keep our employees a main priority in addition to the growing business, I think we will continue to succeed.

6. "GTM - a great place to work"

Current Employee - Supervising Senior Tax Analyst in Radnor, PA
    Current Employee - Supervising Senior Tax Analyst in Radnor, PA

I have been working at Global Tax Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Throughout my five years at GTM I've been extremely happy with all facets of my employment. On top of the competitive salary, bonus, and benefit structures in place, GTM has developed an outstanding working atmosphere both in house and at client locations. Each day I come to work excited to continue growing as a tax professional next to my co-workers, who I consider some of the friendliest people I've met. GTM has truly succeeded in creating a small-firm family atmosphere, evident by the CEO and other members of upper management taking the time say hello to each employee as they walk through the office (a small example but something you come to appreciate when you see how some other firms operate). Despite this small-firm feel, GTM continues to grow as a major player in the corporate tax world and offers invaluable experience working with large multi-national firms in a range of industries. Throw in company parties, sports teams, and charity events and it's easy to see why GTM is such a great place to work.

Cons

None, I really enjoy working for the company.

7. "GTM, Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Tax Analyst in Radnor, PA

Pros

Employees are treated like family, never felt intimidated by Sr. Managers or Directors to reach out for questions or advice, GTM gives you the tools and opportunity to grow in your career.

Cons

Work load seems to be uneven at the various levels, causing some burn out. It would be nice to see a bit more rotation.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to the employees whether it be about business or personal matters. Don't ever lose track of the company culture and the people who make GTM a unique place to work. Keep up the great community service events and fun company gatherings.

8. "Great Place to Work"

I worked at Global Tax Management full-time

Pros

GTM is a great place to work, it's actively growing and the different clients make it interesting and a great place to start a career.

Cons

Depending on the client, travel time can be annoying as much of the time you are on site at the client's location.

9. "Tax Analyst"

Pros

growth, generous compensation package, great events, great work/life balance

Cons

minimal supervisor (can be good or bad)

"Strong growing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Radnor, PA

Pros

Strong and growing company with lots of opportunities

Cons

Culture is changing to more of a Big 4 feel. The secret ingredient at GTM was the family atmosphere. It would be a shame to lose that.

Advice to Management

Remember what made us great. Don't succumb to the temptation to put the bottom line before people.