Global View Communications Reviews | Glassdoor

Global View Communications Reviews

Updated Jun 6, 2017

4.2
Global View Communications Founder and Principal Greg Almieda (no image)
Greg Almieda
  1. "Great Internship"

Former Intern - Intern in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Global View Communications for more than a year

Pros

GVC is a great place to intern as they take the skills you possess, build off of them, and allow you to grow both professionally and personally. Everyone in the office is there to help you succeed in their driven yet creative atmosphere.

Cons

I cannot think of any downsides to GVC.

Global View Communications2017-06-06
  2. "Great Experience"

in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Global View Communications

Pros

GVC is made up of a small, incredibly intelligent, close knit team. I enjoyed my internship here working closely with the graphic designer as well as the account executive. I gained valuable skills working at this small agency including team work and collaboration, media planning and budgeting, and ad creation.

Cons

I do not have any cons pertaining to this internship

Global View Communications2017-05-29
  3. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Global View Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've thoroughly enjoyed working at Global View Communications. Management is truly invested in helping you grow by pushing you to take a new projects and manage different tasks. Also, with it being a smaller company, your voice is heard here.

Cons

Not a con for everyone, but be ready to work beyond 9-5.

Global View Communications2017-05-22
  4. "Great atmosphere and supportive environment"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Global View Communications

Pros

Employees are attentive, intelligent and engaged. Company operates in a typical structure, yet it does not feel like a "good old boys club." Great start for a career in strategy, consulting, marketing and D&I.

Cons

None that are debilitating in the day-to-day process.

Global View Communications2014-09-30
  5. "Management that actually wants you to succeed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Global View Communications full-time

Pros

Talented and fun loving co-workers, fantastic office culture. Very different and friendly. The CEO and AD want you to achieve your goals, they will assist you to a point. Remember you are in charge of your own success. If you think you need help, they are their to guide you in the right direction. They want you to succeed. You WILL BE challenged because they believe you can do it.

Cons

Competing priorities can be stressful.

Global View Communications2014-07-10
  6. "Supportive environment!"

Former Intern - Intern in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Global View Communications for less than a year

Pros

office culture is very friendly and flexible, senior management is very supportive and wants you to succeed, you will be challenged here

Cons

little on the job training, you are thrown into things which is great for problem-solvers but not for some

Global View Communications2014-06-03

"Unhealthy Work Environment"

I worked at Global View Communications

Pros

The first few weeks at this company might feel exciting, but that feeling quickly dissipates when you realize the management is poor and borderline abusive. Employees rarely stick around longer than a few months, never a good sign.

Cons

Management uses intimidation tactics and bullying on its own employees. They often hire young people who don't have a lot of experience in professional work environments and who take time to realize that the work environment is unusual and unhealthy. Over time management either fires workers when they demand more rights, or drive out workers who finally realize the situation has become very bad. It can be a very... frustrating and emotionally taxing place to be. Sadly the positive reviews were probably planted by the above stated managers since almost everyone who worked at the company in 2012 no longer work there.

Global View Communications2014-01-14
  8. "Success is the name of the game!"

Current Employee - Digital Communications Specialist in Pawtucket, RI

I have been working at Global View Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is wonderful! Employees will get more experience working in this small firm for a couple of months than working in any large company over many years. Management encourages growth and is insightful and helpful along the way. CEO is welcoming and an extremely knowledgeable resource. GVC provides employees with the confidence they need to succeed!

Cons

Need not apply if you do not have "go-getter" mentality. This company will push your limits and make you excel at what you do. Not for someone looking for typical desk job.

Global View Communications2013-12-02
  9. "Best job ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pawtucket, RI

I have been working at Global View Communications full-time

Pros

Develop faster and learn more than at a big agency. CEO is down to earth and a team player. People are very smart. Awesome client list. A growth company with excitement in the air. Egos left at the door. Clear vision on where the company is headed.

Cons

Not for people who can't handle what it takes to be entrepreneurial or who don't take initiative.

Global View Communications2013-09-26

"Mgmt seems to be in bed with each other"

Former Employee - Client Engagement Specialist in Pawtucket, RI

I worked at Global View Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

able to wear multiple hats, networking

Cons

micromanaged, no growth, not a positive work environment. not professionally ethical as a company.

Advice to Management

Company has unethical ways. Most mistakes are due to the lack of direction and knowledge from the AD. This company doesn't have any written handbook, policies and procedures which is ironic because they work with HR departments within their client list. I think it would be beneficial to maybe attend some HR workshops. Owner is VERY moody and can be VERY nasty.... He talks about one day stepping away from the company... but he's way to neurotic for that to happen. He's also condescending and overall has a bully mentality. – less

Global View Communications2013-06-25