GlobalSCAPE Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matt Goulet

1. "Great company!"

Current Employee - Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Globalscape is an awesome tech company. It's great for those new to the tech industry and great for seasoned professionals. They are going through a transitional period right now, but the company is moving in the right direction. Work life balance is great. Family is always first, no matter what. I love it here.

Cons

No company is perfect. I'm not too sure what to say about the cons because for me, the people make the company. And Globalscape has an amazing group of people.

Advice to Management

Advice... keep fighting to make this company better and better. Your efforts are noticed and we want to be there with you to kick butt and take names.

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Sales in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Pay is good. The benefits are fair. Turnover is extremely high, so you are always meeting new people. The end.

Cons

The CEO is a very vindictive leader. Company is run by fear. Leadership learns quickly to pick apart their employees to look good in front of leadership. Miserable

"Think twice"

I worked at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free sodas good benefits it support were always helpful

Cons

constant meetings and GSB version of TPS reports for everything also you have surveys constantly pushed on you. these are not anonymous.

Advice to Management

why bother saying.

"Impressed with the company's team focus"

Current Employee - Director in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Director in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

How often do you get to say that HR are amazing? Here you can. From the day I started interviewing they have over delivered. Happy smiles everywhere. A successful company with great teams to work for, there is a great camaraderie and positive atmosphere. Yes there are always things to improve but everyone is very responsive to change.

Cons

We hit 20 years this year so yes there are some legacy product issues that we need to address. But luckily the teams are refreshingly open to new ideas and all input is welcomed

Advice to Management

You have the right balance of necessary pressure and hands off trust in your teams. Good job. I always feel you have our back.

"They were like a family"

Former Employee - Linux Administrator in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Linux Administrator in San Antonio, TX

I worked at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While I could go on about how awesome they were to me, I'll keep it as short as possible.

* Training budget. They provide a budget for training every year.
    * Management. The management actually cares about the employees, and values feedback
    * Growth. They were constantly growing when I was there. I got my options at excellent rates, so my stock options paid off amazingly well
    * Change. They don't appear to be afraid of change. If you know a better way of doing something, they listen

Cons

* Nothing comes to mind, but I have a 20 word minimum limit, so let's talk about the weather. Maybe not.

Advice to Management

* Keep up with what you're doing. Never stop listening to individual contributors, and I'm sure I'll rejoin one day!

"Place to hide if your desperate for a year of base salary."

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Antonio, TX

Pros

Good work/life balance for engineering/local/Texas staff.

Cons

Misaligned goals and arrogant sales leadership leads to high turnover and poor commissions. 20 year old company with slow growth in a niche market.

Advice to Management

None. They're not listening anyway.

"Awkward"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I worked at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits were good. A lot of the employees really are concerned about their contribution to the success of GSB. The board is genuinely concerned about the company.

Cons

There is always the concern that you will be fired for no discernible reason. Turn over is EXTREMELY high. Employees are highly discouraged to have 1 on 1 conversation with Board members. HR works in their own self interests. This lends itself to very awkward interactions, factions, and whispers in corners throughout the building.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees.

"Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE (Less than a year)

Pros

My personal experience is that leadership (specifically, my director because that is who I work with and talk to on a regular basis), empowers me to have a positive impact on the direction of our campaigns. Likewise, my opinion and professional experience is valued by my boss. I really feel like this is a company that supports its employees, and in turn its employees are very passionate about supporting the company. I really love working here and am thankful to have found this opportunity. I love the family-friendly and supportive culture. Everyone is genuinely very nice, kind and welcoming. The employees are all very intelligent and hard working. In the past, I've looked to work for organizations where I can not only make a difference and contribute to - but also, I want to be around people whom I can learn from and respect as colleagues. I'm happy to say that I have that here. My boss is super sharp and I'm learning a ton from her. I'm also learning tons from my colleagues. I couldn't feel any luckier for this opportunity.

Cons

It's a small company, so there's a lot more attention on what you do. At the same time, if you do well - it's a lot more attention on what you're doing and that's wonderful. I think there are always cons to any situation, but so far I'm very happy here. If I won the lotto and didn't need to work, I would still work here. I enjoy what I'm doing and the constant challenge. You never want to get too comfortable in life, that way you stay on your toes.

Advice to Management

None. I love how the company goes out of its way to make employees comfortable and feel welcome. Great group of people. So glad I'm here.

"GlobalSCAPE is a great place to work"

Current Employee - Support Tech in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Support Tech in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked at GlobalSCAPE for almost four years and I think this is a great company.

They have things like:
    Excellent salaries, health coverage, and 401k plus
    Fifteen (15) paid holidays (including your birthday)
    Winter Break Celebration Party
    Summer Company Picnic
    Promotions
    Employee Recognition Programs
    Bonuses
    Monthly Company Lunches
    Flexible work environment
    Large cash incentives for referrals

As far as the management goes, they work very hard creating good work environment for all of the employees encouraging everyone to reach their full potential.

In fact, quite a few individuals have been here long enough to get their ten and fifteen year service awards (company is only nineteen years old). You do not keep people around that long if you are doing something wrong.

Do not know what else you could ask from any employer.

I am happy to be part of the GlobalSCAPE team.

Cons

No downside I can find

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

11. "Nice company to work for"

I worked at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stocked kitchen
    Small, family-like atmosphere
    Nice offices

Cons

Not a ton of room for growth since it's a smaller-sized company