GlobalSCAPE Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.6
Matt Goulet

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Amazing people, decent company"

Current Employee - Server Support Analyst in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Server Support Analyst in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers are a blast and try to help you out as much as possible. I have had the pleasure of working with some of the best people here.
    Free drinks and snacks(when stocked), monthly lunches provided, and quarterly meetings try to be entetaining.

Cons

Lack of transparency across departments leads to many confusions and inconsistencies. Work load can be stressful and lead to a poor work-life balance if trying to hit expectations consistently.

Advice to Management

Constantly reach out to employees and ask for feedback on how to improve things for the company and also the employee individually

2. "Good place if you just need a paycheck"

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good people on ground floor. Ok benefits. Decent PTO. Good commissions for sales

Cons

The pay is sub-par compared to the industry. Over the past few years it has turned from an employee enabled environment to a micro-managed environment where all they want is a robot to do what its told. Management will claim to care about your opinions or knowledge but in the end it always falls on deaf ears. They will do what they want regardless.

Advice to Management

Why bother they won't listen

3. "Operations"

I worked at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Not any positives at this company.

Cons

Leadership is clueless on how to properly manage, govern, and lead a culture. Worst executive leadership I have seen in enterprise software.

Advice to Management

Leave company.

4. "Run away... fast"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are not any worth listing...

Cons

The most micro-managed, political hole that I’ve ever worked in.

Advice to Management

They can’t be helped

5. "Read old good reviews with a large pinch of salt.."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE full-time

Pros

Your team are probably nice people. Some are still trying to keep the old culture alive. Pay and benefits were good (but beware)

Cons

Your leadership will suck. Your leadership does not value good culture. Benefits are being eroded, sorry, "corrected" by current leadership. Politics and back-stabbing are endemic (but if you're lucky are over your head).

"Choose some place to work."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Sodas that's it. I can't recommend anything.

Cons

When I was there I saw 5 ppl leave the team I worked on and the President resign and two vps given the boot. If you are a possible new hire don't be taken in by the hype about great place to work in Texas Monthly. HR constantly sends out surveys that are not anonymous. I would say glowing remarks as I worried that if I didn't I might be reprimanded. The new CEO is a thug.

Advice to Management

Fall on your swords.

"Managers"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great technology and employees work hard to be recognized for their dedication & understanding of offering the best products & services.

Cons

CEO is narcissistic ruler. Makes horrible comments about employees and customers behind closed doors. Lies to others utilizes his intellect to manipulate other managers. Never ever trust a man that runs a company with fear. Gets what he wants & blames mistakes on other leaders.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

"Ambitious medium sized company trying to go big"

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Currently a workplace of frequent change, fast-paced operations, and company expansion. Salaries are competitive and benefits are pretty good for the moment and if you are granted stock options, the company's stock is in an upward trend, so there is promise in cashing those in for some extra cash or stake in the future of the company. As of this writing, Employee medical, dental, and vision are decent policies and are 100% covered; there is reasonable cost-sharing for family coverage. 401k contributions are pretty good. HR team is top notch and over-the-top supportive to assist with ANY questions or issues with benefits.

Cons

As with many companies, the desire for quick boosts in stock price and downplay potential negativity to investors seems to take priority over employee benefits and company culture. Benefits are still good, but some have decreased over the past year or two. There is a program to promote employee ideas to senior management but I've not seen willingness from them up to this point to listen to employees and respond accordingly. Some managers (not all) appear to expect salaried employees to work over 40 hours every week; some expect productivity requiring closer to 50+ hours every week, which greatly diminishes work/life balance.

Advice to Management

Don't sacrifice employee morale and benefits to save a little on the bottom line. Employees are loyal to their families and not to the company. Employee retention should be one of the first priorities to senior management because the employees fulfill management's vision. The employees will reflect the loyalty given to them by their senior management; if the managers treat employees like peons, the employees will respond likewise.

9. "Great San Antonio based company"

Current Employee - Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast moving company providing good opportunity in San Antonio; lots of opportunity to grow; great people to work with; good pay; family friendly

Cons

Not many negatives; recent management changes have people a little jumpy; high expectations which isn't really a negative but can add additional pressure

Advice to Management

Better communication between middle management and individual contributors; continued work to help us through the management changes

"Current CEO is running the company"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at GlobalSCAPE full-time (More than a year)

Pros

free parking spots and air controlled building.

Cons

Matt Goulet is not a leader, he rules via intimidation and hot air. He's an unqualified micromanager who only has his eyes on the gold. His policies reflect his lack of respect for the employees and as a result GS is hemorrhaging talent who are leaving for companies with leaders they can believe in and be inspired by.

Advice to Management

Globalscape needs to reevaluate who they've chosen to head up the company before we lose any more of our key players.