GlobalTranz Senior Logistics Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 6 reviews

2.3
GlobalTranz CEO Renee Krug
Renee Krug
  1. "GlobalTranz is Moving forward"

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay, you get out of the job what you put in. Once you have proven yourself and abilities, the opportunities are endless given the tremendous growth.

Cons

Get used to the rapid changes that come with rapid growth

GlobalTranz2015-12-28

GlobalTranz Response

February 4, 2016

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for you excellent approach to a fast-paced industry.

"Senior Logistics Specialist"

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Flexible Hours -Long Lunches -I'm leaving to go to a Competitor very soon

Cons

-Place has literally fallen apart, no direction from upper management -Sales reps quitting left and right -Place makes me depressed -Majority of my outbound dials are to the Suicide Hotline

Advice to Management

Void our non competes and let us leave in peace.

GlobalTranz2016-11-17
  3. "GlobalTranz has a few things backwards."

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Recession-proof industry. Easy-going atmosphere. Management does not micro-manage. 6am to 3pm schedule is great.

Cons

Commission structure is very backwards... Newer agents that are far less profitable are making bigger commission checks than senior agents who have been on the floor for 2-3 years +.

Advice to Management

I deleted my great review of GlobalTranz and am replacing it with this one because of these two quotes directly from management: 1. "Drop it and be happy that you make what you make." and 2. "Well GTZ pays higher than any other 3PL in the industry."

GlobalTranz2015-03-30
  4. "Supportive, Prideful Culture. A true 'work hard, play hard' environment in more than just words"

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of companies talk about a 'work hard, play hard' culture but I have never actually seen it exemplified in reality like it is at GlobalTranz. The blend between daily fun, lighthearted activities & incentive spiffs and hard work with a 'get the job done at all costs' mentality works very well. The numbers speak for themselves, the growth of the truckload division is undeniable and it is a result of the... unforced collective prideful, supportive, and team environment that has been created from senior management down to the lowest levels. The senior management staff and does not hide away in office, act unapproachable/better than their subordinates, or lead by fear which inspires their staff to work. The uncapped commission potential, high base salary, and weekly new job postings are a big plus!

Cons

The division certainly experienced its early growing pains as with any start up company, however, they have been pretty much smoothed out by this point. Sales is always a very tough, numbers-oriented industry to get started in but putting in your due diligence up front pays dividends ten-fold as you establish your book of business.

Advice to Management

Keep being supportive of the newer reps as they learn & grow. A stronger 401K package would be greatly appreciated. All in all, we have a great management and senior management team in place. Don't change the fun culture, it is truly refreshing to be able to come to work excited and smiling every day!

GlobalTranz2014-11-08

"It takes a special breed"

Former Employee - Senior Logistics Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GlobalTranz full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a young company with a lot of room for growth, and therefor opportunity. Compensation was enough to keep me satisfied. Very laidback, yet energetic environment. If you're able to stay long enough, you do inevitably build relationships with the whole office as everybody's job depends on everybody else and staying connected to the entire office builds relationships. There are office games and managers try to... lighten the mood. And they were still trying to cater every other Friday, even as they expanded, which was nice (thank you!). Both locations are right off the freeway and were a convenient commute. I adjusted to the early scheduled and really enjoyed my afternoons which I never had. And, I sure did learn quite a bit about an industry that I had zero knowledge in before GTZ.

Cons

I was tempted to get really negative here, but the truth of the matter is this. The place isn't evil, but it is flawed. Once you're there, you learn very quickly what to do and how to do it, and if not, you get left behind; plain and simple. It requires quite a bit of mental stamina and an ability to deal with/handle daily negative customer issues. Expanding your client list while maintaining your current one... all the while trying to meet a quota that never ends was too exhausting for my brain, my body and my soul. They hire many people every month with the Darwinian expectation that maybe 10% of each recruiting class will make it. You can make good money if you get lucky and/or drink tons of caffeine!

Advice to Management

Not sure any advice would be taken or even be necessary. From all indications, GTZ is growing and fast. The culture chews up and spits out many good people, but when your business is growing, why fix something that isn't broken? At this rate, the best job security at GTZ is in HR/Recruiting! You would think that, with all the money they spend on hiring people, that it would be frustrating to see the majority of... them quit or get terminated within a couple months.

GlobalTranz2014-08-19
  6. "Great opportunities, great culture and cohesion, moderately effective initiatives."

I have been working at GlobalTranz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Globaltranz does have a great atmosphere. It is similar to that of an office for a start-up; lax dresscode, lots of games and 'toys', open/collaborative offices, always music playing (usually from several different desks), lots of food (multiple vending machines and bi-weekly catering). Overall the corporate culture is cohesive and easy to fit in. There really is a large opportunity for growth within the company and... the Sales/Operations departments. Hard-work is recognized and productive results are revered. If you can make it through the first few months and work to create a self-sustaining book of business then the required quotas are never an issue or stress. I rarely had to worry about reaching my quotas because I put in the necessary work in the beginning. The Operations department has more competition between individual rep's but those who do rise to the top are actually the best rep's of their teams and they're not promoted due to nepotism. Commission structure is comparable to industry competitors for different roles. Earning a $50,000+ income is easily attainable with the appropriate amount of work put forth. I would recommend this company to anyone who is not afraid of putting in hard work.

Cons

The industry is difficult to work in and many people take that frustration out on internal policies, procedures, and the firm itself instead of coming to terms with the inherent challenges of the 3PL industry . With that being said, the internal procedural steps and systems of GlobalTranz are not completely efficient for managing problems, disputes, and 'fires'. I found myself having to address high-level and... high-impact problems myself and reaching out to middle and senior level management directly. Corporate initiatives were flippant; over the course of 13 months I personally saw several initiatives begin and then slowly fade away from daily operations to never be heard of again. The technology platforms used at my office were unreliable. You never knew when the communications systems were going to work that day and how long the interruption would last. The commission reporting structure was not very transparent and there was no way to request an audit. If you want to be a top agent/rep don't be surprised to work during non-business hours.

Advice to Management

Tighten up internal policies and systems such as disputes, rebills, invoice resolution, and conflict resolution. Provide a 401k package. Provide better transparency with paid-in amounts and which customers paid.

GlobalTranz2014-08-18