Globaltranz Logistics Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Globaltranz CEO Robert J Farrell
Robert J Farrell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • The company is growing rapidly, although this is good, there are frequent changes within the company (in 7 reviews)

• High turnover and no job security (in 8 reviews)

1. "Typical phone sales job."

I worked at Globaltranz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, minor micro managing, fun work environment.

Cons

High turnover and no job security.

"Sr. Logistics Specialist"

Former Employee - St Logistics Specialist in Prescott Valley, AZ
    Former Employee - St Logistics Specialist in Prescott Valley, AZ

I worked at Globaltranz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Peers are the most amazing people. Medical benefits are decent.

Cons

Overworked, underpaid and micromanaged. Stressful and demanding work environment.

Advice to Management

GlobalTranz is a revolving door. Why is that? Advice to management (which will go unheeded) is to look in a mirror and ask, "Gee, is it something we are doing that causes us to have such high turnover?"

In his first town hall meeting, the new CEO claimed he wanted GTZ employees to have the best compensation package in the industry. After anxiously waiting for over a year for this, our new compensation package resulted in what amounted to a cut in pay for sales people in the Prescott office who were already underpaid by industry standards. So, people dropping like flies and micromanaging even worse because sales $$$ down. So rather than take better care of loyal employees who make GTZ tons of money through their blood, sweat and tears (yes, there have been tears), they choose to pay lawyers to harass every ex employee and have elaborate gatherings including renting a theme park for 4 hours for exclusive use for company picnic.

They don't get it. And never will. And it's too bad. They have a wonderful product and seem to attract amazing people to work there, albeit not for long term. Happy employees make for happy customers. And visa versa.

3. "Getting worse with management changes at corporate."

Current Employee - Senior Logistics Specialist in Prescott Valley, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Logistics Specialist in Prescott Valley, AZ

I have been working at Globaltranz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can make decent money, even in this area, if management and corporate allow you to without messing up simple accounting, etc.

Cons

A sales rep/logistic specialist in Prescott Valley makes a full 15k LESS in base salary than counterparts about 1 hr south. They cite "cost of living" but if you actually look at Prescott vs Phoenix... it's more expensive to live in Prescott.

Advice to Management

Corporate management (not local) needs to treat all employees as equals. If you want the same time investment as reps in corporate, then maybe you should pay us the same? You can't honestly salary us at 12 bucks per hour, and expect overtime with no compensation.. Cough up the 20 per hour base you give to the white kids for the same or less work at corporate.

"Senior Logistics Specialist"

I have been working at Globaltranz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Flexible Hours
    -Long Lunches
    -I'm leaving to go to a Competitor very soon

Cons

-Place has literally fallen apart, no direction from upper management
    -Sales reps quitting left and right
    -Place makes me depressed
    -Majority of my outbound dials are to the Suicide Hotline

Advice to Management

Void our non competes and let us leave in peace.

5. "Logistics specialist"

Former Employee - Logistics Specialist
    Former Employee - Logistics Specialist

I worked at Globaltranz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young atmosphere, responsible for your own success, great $$ opportunity if you put in the effort/time. Nice balance between fun and put-your-head-down-when you-need-to

Cons

Management change has led to layoffs and constant miscommunication concerning company policies. Can work to build your book and be dropped in an instant due to non performance based lay offs. Need to be politically aligned to stick around.

Advice to Management

Employees desperately need stability

Include a survey during managerial reviews conducted by the ops reps / sales reps beneath them

6. "GlobalTranz is Moving forward"

Current Employee - Senior Logistics Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Globaltranz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, you get out of the job what you put in. Once you have proven yourself and abilities, the opportunities are endless given the tremendous growth.

Cons

Get used to the rapid changes that come with rapid growth

Globaltranz Response

Feb 4, 2016

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for you excellent approach to a fast-paced industry.

"Terrible company"

I worked at Globaltranz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Industry experience , and when they use to cater food.. they have water ..

Cons

This company will get theirs.. I couldn't fit into one sitting how messed up this company is.

Advice to Management

Jump ship while there's still a company

8. "Learning something new everyday!"

Current Employee - Logistics Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Globaltranz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is very welcoming and everybody is friendly! I didn't know much going into this industry but the training I have received and the management they have here make it extremely easy to help you succeed. Yes you have to work hard, call a lot and send a lot of email's but they put the tools necessary to succeed in you hands.

Cons

The only thing I can say that's bad is that it gets crazy in here sometimes. People yelling across the room. It gets loud! Hard to make calls

Advice to Management

Just look at it!

Globaltranz Response

Nov 4, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Hard work definitely leads to success. Your constructive criticism is noted and appreciated.

9. "Great job... Great pay"

I have been working at Globaltranz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office has a very open feel to it, all Managers & Senior Managers are very approachable which helps all of us relatively newer reps. Strong training program and getting better with continued education throughout the first few months. Young, energetic culture makes coming to work for me feel like less of a hassle and more of an opportunity. Great software and LTL/TL rates makes our product an easy sell with customers. Very thankful to make the amount of money I do out of college while learning the industry.

Cons

From what I've read basically every con is simply an 'industry-issue' (ie long hours, dealing with trucker issues, etc.) Some of the other issues about 'shadiness' seem to be from frustrated ex-employees that likely did not perform up to the very basic expectations.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the training and development of the employees and software. Exciting to be a part of such a fast-paced growth organization.

10. "GlobalTranz has a few things backwards."

I have been working at Globaltranz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Recession-proof industry. Easy-going atmosphere. Management does not micro-manage. 6am to 3pm schedule is great.

Cons

Commission structure is very backwards... Newer agents that are far less profitable are making bigger commission checks than senior agents who have been on the floor for 2-3 years +.

Advice to Management

I deleted my great review of GlobalTranz and am replacing it with this one because of these two quotes directly from management: 1. "Drop it and be happy that you make what you make." and 2. "Well GTZ pays higher than any other 3PL in the industry."