Globant Reviews | Glassdoor

Globant President Martin Migoya
Martin Migoya

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Very low salaries (comparing to the competition) (in 54 reviews)

• Unclear career path in operations (in 31 reviews)

1. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Globant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love working at Globant. Its a global company that has acquired a material size and leading positioning in the market and still operates with the right DNA to stay always disruptive, agile, fast, giving a lot of empowerment to teams and opportunities to develop yourself.

Cons

This is not the company for you if you like corporate structured environments like IBM, TCS, Cognizant, etc. But if you are the type of person that likes to be involved in achieving thrilling goals and work with the best people in the market in a very disruptive environment, this is the place for you.

Advice to Management

The strategy for USA and EMEA onsite growth is working amazingly well; please keep on pursuing that path as the market and our clients love our geographical and cultural distribution and mix and find it amazing.

"Best work&life balance ever!"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Globant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Although it seems weird every time I leave home from work, I do not feel like I'm going to work.
    The place is nice and comfortable, the atmosphere is very professional but also close and friendly. It's like spending an afternoon with friends, and if you're lucky enough to work on what you like, you have a really good time at the office

Cons

The work climate is very pleasant, but I shared a team with conflicting employees, who generate uncomfortable moments and who do not know how to raise their problems in private. This is a bit frustrating, but I just dont pay atention to this

Advice to Management

If they want to maintain a motivating environment, you should put in their place all the drama kings and queens

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Globant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment
    I work with cool, brilliant people
    Respectful organization

Cons

Strong internal process and it takes time to know them , but still great place to work

Advice to Management

Improve your recruitment processes, there are employees who think they are going to be CEOs in 1 year, I do not know why you hire them, they only generate conflicts and they leave

4. "Great company to grow!!"

Current Employee - Technical Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Globant full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been working here for five years already, playing different roles and I had good experience in all of them. The people that you work with are very talented, and you can learn from them at multiple levels.
     Globant is a great place to grow if you can commit to the company and their processes; managers are all the time giving opportunities to the people to prove their extra value and space to defy the status quo, that is why everytime that the company evolves or grow there are opportunities everywhere. I've recommended Globant to several colleagues, and they are happy with the decision that they made of joining.

Cons

Some internal processes should be more efficient or at least more clear for new hires; I believe HR area is key to accomplish this. During your first year, you will get to know information that should have been given in advance when you joined; I can tell that they are working on that but is still in progress.

5. "UX Designer"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at Globant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I think found a company that is open, innovative and challenging
    The team is excellent in every way, and that helps me grow professionally, learning and working with the best

Cons

I think there are people working here who do not value the environment and culture of this company, perhaps because they never worked in regular companies. Sometimes you have to deal with the toxic people who carry their drama, but otherwise the place is excellent

Advice to Management

Double check before hiring, dont let in the toxic people

"I miss them a lot"

Former Employee - QA Analyst
    Former Employee - QA Analyst

I worked at Globant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work with really smart, friendly people, from around the world learning from people who are really experienced and knowledgeable about the industry and tendencies
    State of the art offices
    Some really good benefits
    Relocation opportunities
    They are really, really flexible
    Great work-life balance
    Competitive salaries
    Advancement and training opportunities are available

Cons

...Sometimes a little too flexible
    They have been cutting down in benefits
    Some projects are horrible, and if you happen to land in a horrible project it's not easy to leave it, they tell you you can, but when you try, the PM team will blackmail you into staying, often threatening with a bad PA should you decide to change the project
    There are sites were you will have to be part of the cool kid table (often times the friends of the city "champion" ) to have a good time, if you happen to become an outsider you will definitely have a bad time
    Often times personal stuff tends to have more leverage than actual laboral stuff (you can low-effort your way through a project and come unharmed, but if you happen to have a personal beef with someone with a slight amount of power in the company, you're toast!)
    The operations team is the weakest link in this company

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, you are in the right path, but you need to get better in the HR / Operations departments, there are big gaps there.

"Globant isn't a good job"

I worked at Globant full-time

Pros

Good Pay and can work from home

Cons

Globant is a racist company. I was disgusted how the employers of certain ethnicity talked to or talked about others and management wasn't any better at fixing the situation. I would not recommend this company, especially if you're trying to grow.

Advice to Management

Pay close attention to your team.

8. "Client Partner"

I worked at Globant full-time

Pros

Access to talented individuals, great technology, significant learning

Cons

Management is not as talented as team members, success metrics are not clear and often changing, very little sense of community between management and team member, you are working to benefit a few number of top executives rather than the team.

"2017 Review"

Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Globant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Globant is a leader in digital software development. There is the opportunity to learn disruptive technologies.

Cons

Company maintains a staff augmentation mentality.
    There is a bully culture coming from Arg.
    Communication from Senior Mgt is terrible.
    Senior Mgt retroactively cancelled Q1 and Q2 bonus payouts to sales team due to company missing margin targets, even though company performance is only 20% of sales plan. Announcement was made in December 2017.

Advice to Management

Don't RETROACTIVELY take money out of your employees pockets after they have met their personal targets.

"Globant Needs to Grow Up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Globant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to move and work with other cultures, very hard working people. Nice dedicated employees, who try their best to improve the organization.

Cons

Globant senior leadership tends to only promote Argentinian Men, very sexist and racist company to work for. Many of those who sit in senior leadership are not even qualified to do their jobs which makes it worse, the company is plagued with favoritism. This is greedy organization they do not care about ethics of running good business practices. I am in the US as a Senior Web UI and Globant is nothing more than a glorified Cheap StaffAug company. They don't pay well and fail to give consistent cost of living increases, no career paths and you are treated like a second class citizen on client sites. The US HR team has made tremendous strides in trying to clean up the mess but they get absolutely NO Support from Senior Management. It's time to Grow Up Globant or you will be sued due to poor ethics, business practices, or get hit with a sexual harassment case with the foul things I've seen at company events. Even American strong senior leaders they hire turn out to leave Globant after less than a year once they find out how poorly this company is ran with a bunch "not the smartest group" of people running the company in Argentina. My two cents... Don't waste your career at this toxic place, I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt but it's really gone from bad to worse, I am looking to get out of this zoo!

Advice to Management

Let real professionals run the company!