Globant Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Dec 10, 2020

4.2
Globant President Martin Migoya
Martin Migoya
1,535 Ratings
Pros
  • "you can work from home in most projects(in 105 reviews)

• "Great work environment to develop new skills(in 99 reviews)

• Cons
  • "low salaries compared with other companies(in 88 reviews)

• "Huge company structure, difficult to create a career path(in 56 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Globant and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Software Designer

Oct 23, 2018 - Software Designer in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home. Good life-work balance. Many opportunities with different projects in different cities. Great work culture and people.

Cons

Salary below average. Word of advice: beware if you got relocated from Latin America and the client is trying to hire you. Just like other companies Globant has a non complete clause where the client agrees not to hire you for 6 months after you left the project/Globant. So if you are looking at better opportunities, or an actual visa path you might be at a dead end with Globant and changing employers might not be an option for you. Mexicans get TN visas so that means no Green Card path for you. They will happily renew the visa every year; Globant seems unaware they can request a 3 year extension while you are already in the US but there's little information regarding an actual path to get a Green Card or even a dual intent visa. Non Mexicans (read anyone else) get an L1 visa; apparently Globant will agree to discuss getting you a Green Card but there's no assurance of it; the process is kept in the dark and you don't know until the very end if they agreed to sponsor you. So the whole process is very anxiety-inducing and you are left very little time to plan ahead in case they decide to not sponsor you. People working in California get one health insurance; people on another states get a different one. We recently got a health insurance change for one they claim is "almost the same", it's not, it's crappier and it's cheaper. Negotiating salaries increases requires a full report on benefits and justifications outlining why they should grant you a salary increase. PM will always try to extract the most money they can from the client. Since Globant operates as staff augmentation they will not pay overtime. You had a prod issue you had to fix? You are not getting any extra income.

17 people found this review helpful
    2. 2.0
      Former Employee

Account Manager and Scrum Master

Apr 30, 2012 - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was never disappointed in any of my teams working for Globant. The people are bright, kindhearted, hardworking, and support each other very well. There is a fair amount of flexibility - you can often work from home and had my passport not been expired I could have swapped apartments with someone in Buenos Aires with the full support of management. People are smart and there's lots of opportunity to work for brand-name companies.

Cons

Globant has grown very fast and is having trouble getting things done - basically their Operations suck. Compared to Nextive (which they acquired), they are less profitable, less generous, have much greater difficulty obtaining needed materials, were not as well equipped (one office I worked with was unable to use our web-based collaborative tools because they were on dial-up speeds), and were just in general harder to work with. At Nextive, I enjoyed a high level of trust and communication between myself and my superiors. I felt they "had my back" (PMs at Globant are responsible for client satisfaction) and were available to offer advice and support.This vanished within months of the acquisition.

8 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0
      Former Employee

Globant isn't a good job

Dec 28, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay and can work from home

Cons

Globant is a racist company. I was disgusted how the employers of certain ethnicity talked to or talked about others and management wasn't any better at fixing the situation. I would not recommend this company, especially if you're trying to grow.

11 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Senior Project Manager

Jan 9, 2013 - Senior Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Flexible hours Easy to work team

Cons

Not professional Remote team hard to manage Team time zone difference

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0

Great environment, poor salary

Dec 10, 2020 - Test Automation Engineer in Montevideo
      Business Outlook

Pros

BlueCross benefit. Great environment, its great to work from the office, lot's of tools and courses if you want to learn, so I recommend if you're only interested on making experience and learning. And before pandemic you were able to work for a few weeks from offices in other countries, it is probably going to be restricted. Internet benefit up to 1.000$ . They were sending chair and monitor to work from home, but it's not for everyone because they don't have enough.

Cons

Very poor salary. With pandemic at the moment, you cannot go to the office. And as a new modality, you won't have anymore your own desk there, when they go back, you'll only be able to go when they let you go. We did not get any bonus or anything like that, as gift during the year it was just a small bag with food from the Emporio which I didn't like. And there were some zoom after offices, where they hired djs and bands.

6. 5.0

Great place to work

Sep 30, 2020 - Ssr Adv Java Backend Developer in Bogotá, Bogota, Bogota
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, innovation, learning

Cons

when you are recategorized to a the next seniority the salary raises won't be the same as if you entering having the new seniority

7. 5.0
      Current Intern

A great place to work and grow

Jul 19, 2020 - Anonymous Intern in Bogotá, Bogota, Bogota
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the overall work environment, I have felt part of the organization from the beginning, which is surprising considering we are working from home exclusively. The company truly applies the digital transformation principles to their daily work.

Cons

None whatsoever as far I am concerned.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good place for beginners don’t stay for more than 6 months

May 11, 2020 - Java Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good clients, with decent up to date technology and projects (unless you get caught in one of the dinosaur accounts full of bureaucracy and mediocre people in management positions). Depending on the client you can arrange work from home and flexible hours. Nice working mood, and offices.

Cons

No work from home, no laptops for developers. Lack of innovative and challenging projects, annoying bureaucracy for everything. Mediocre people in management positions make it unbearable. They don’t give you a salary raise for one year even if your salary got behind and they are paying new junior devs twice more than to you. Impossible to get a seniority revision. Just don’t stay here for longer than 6 months, they make you feel miserable.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Happy work culture, amazing office place, good as employee benefit

Jul 6, 2020 - Business Analyst in Hinjewadi
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home Lot of things to experience like music spot, indoor games an attractive and pleasant workspace explore various domains while working Mediclaim facility flexible working hours

Cons

Nothing bad found as of now

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The success at Globant solely depends on your hard work and strong work ethics.

Nov 21, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Pune
      Business Outlook

Pros

Journey at Globant has been remarkable so far: - Your right attitude towards work always pays off. - Keenness to explore new areas in the industry is always promoted and honoured. - Ample opportunities to explore new trends in technology, which in-turn benefits you in the long term. - Most of the leaders from UI engineering are very supportive of your career aspirations and can guide you in the right direction. - There is no minimum experience limitation to any designation and your work ethics are the only factor for your growth. - Flexible timings, so no limit of any min. number of hours. Though misuse of it is strongly discouraged. - Working from home is also not a problem if used wisely. - Also one of the most attractive work places, I have ever worked with... ;)

Cons

If you are a 9 to 5 sort of a person with no zeal towards learning something new, may be not the right place for you... :)

3 people found this review helpful