GlobeCast Reviews | Glassdoor

Olivier Barberot

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Could be better"

I worked at GlobeCast full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, some opportunity to grow. Luckly, parent company still has faith in the US.

Cons

C-Suite need to be a bit more transparent to the staff. If one member of the C-Suite does not work, then the rest must do something to make it better. Employee's morale and productivity suffers from a toxic management environment.

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism and get to work! Stop bringing extended family members to fill in positions that could easily be filled in with much more talented people. Also stop the favoritism with managers, this will only bring the business down and the reputation to a lot worst place.

2. "Proceed with extreme caution"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I worked at GlobeCast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Guys in engineering, TOC, and presales are good at their jobs and nice dudes. Office location in Culver is solid. I'd take a bullet for the TOC manager. Guy is awesome.

Cons

Has been restructured an obscene amount of times over the past decade per the other reviews. Still seem to have some left over bad eggs that wield lots of power with Paris and thus will probably drive it into the ground again. Office is kind of dark and dingy in my opinion. Small and lonely unless you work in the MC, TOC, or engineering areas. Make sure you get everything in writing. I negotiated my pay/title over the phone with a woman from HR who left just as soon as I started and then was pretty much told "tough luck" I guess that's my fault and in retrospect it makes sense that she never pushed back on me. She was leaving and didn't give a damn. If you are applying for a sales job be very wary. I was given no feedback of any kind, good bad or indifferent. Nothing was said to me and I was proactive and asked. Anyway think long and hard before working here. It could be a short trip like mine was.

Advice to Management

Double check your finances. Might not be up to snuff.

3. "Full of potential, now more than ever before."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I worked at GlobeCast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Well positioned to succeed and has the potential to become an extremely desirable place to work. Having been in the company for years, this is the best time to be there (2017). I moved on due to a major career change but would have loved to stay another few years. Senior management finally "cleaning up the mess" left from years of negligence and despair.

Cons

Lots of diplomacy and political headaches from Parisian counterparts. Current leader doing an excellent job of navigating through the muddy French waters.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on. Full speed ahead.

"Where is the Love?"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at GlobeCast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun team of Ingest staff, Transmission Controllers and Supervisors. Great location in Central London that is easy to get to. Nice Offices.

Cons

Playout staff are not well represented or championed by Playout Manager and therefore not valued by senior management. The Engineering Team assigned to service the Playout facilities are appalling and caused a number of instances that took us off air whilst I worked there. The Playout operation seemed to have expanded quite quickly over a short time, this left ill-fitted people in charge of Playout and Ingest when they grew to larger departments. There is little scope for development or progression as the old guard are coasting on better salaries and contracts that are not available now and not willing to push for improvements.

Advice to Management

Give some consideration to your staff and listen to the feedback given by those who are actually performing the operational roles.

5. "Good Place to learn the businesss"

Current Employee - TOC in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - TOC in Culver City, CA

I have been working at GlobeCast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good atmosphere. Working with many creative people from throughout the world.

Cons

pay is not completely competitive. Long hours and the direction of the company can be a little vague.

"This company is good so why are people still leaving?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I have been working at GlobeCast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are good caring people here with a nice workplace and we have realistic managers. Channels and new business keep on coming in.

Cons

Senior management are not interested in fixing problems. The CTO is unstable and should fire himself instead of everyone else.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees and do something about the CTO, has a miserable attitude and brings everyone down, but hey you have new toilets.

7. "Stuck in a Rut"

Former Employee - Sales Support Administrator in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Sales Support Administrator in Singapore (Singapore)

Pros

Stable company, multicultural, diverse, has very nice office facilities

Cons

No opportunities for growth. You will be stuck in the same job for many years. And a promotion only means a change in the job title. No increase in the salary and no significant changes in the job function.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. You gotta know what they need for them to be able to be able to do their job well and make them feel that you appreciate them.

8. "Room for improvement"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at GlobeCast full-time

Pros

Creative culture and atmosphere provided a stable and fun place to launch a career. The benefits were above average.

Cons

Long hours, limited growth potential. Not a lot of opportunities for promotion. Confusion about mission and company direction. Some favoritism is apparent.

Advice to Management

Innovation is the key and that means developing a plan for staying relevant in the marketplace, developing potential leaders and promoting within the organization.

"Superficial"

Former Employee - Engineering in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Engineering in Culver City, CA

I worked at GlobeCast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Globecast Americas (GCAm) uses diverse technologies and this provides a great learning platform. Working hours are very flexible. As long as you stay 'out of sight, out of mind' you can probably work there as long as you want.

Cons

There is very little understanding of the diverse technologies that GCAm has and they will not train you to use them following best practices because of that fact. The management culture is one of the buddy system; as long as they like you they will always find a way to put he blame elsewhere. The ability to escalate issues to upper management does not exist and if you try to they will stifle you as much as possible. Gossip is the one thing you need to be good at but politics is what you must master because technical proficiency means nothing. One particular department shines when IT comes to that. GCAm has no idea whet talent is worth and will take a compensation increase request as an insult.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees. Make employees marketable to the rest of the world and compensate them accordingly. If you take care of them they will take care of you!

10. "Employee"

Pros

Good product and new direction in place.
    New CFO is great, has vision, and is dedicated.

Cons

Past struggles still haunt them.