Globys Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Derek Edwards

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Company that runs a tight ship."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Globys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Flexible work options.
    - Nice downtown location in the international district.
    - My manager and supervisor encouraged innovation.
    - Decent benefits.
    - They try to maintain a good work-life balance.
    - Casual environment.
    - In the recent months has committed itself to further growth by diversifying its business.
    - Co workers were motivated to do their part and were not difficult to deal with, quite easy going.

Cons

- Things can get slow and may be boring at times, but this is an opportunity for people to work on innovation projects.
    - This is more for remote and after hours workers - it can be difficult to establish relations with management and everyone in the day shift.

Advice to Management

Keep growing, keep improving.

2. "Great Work Environment"

I have been working at Globys full-time

Pros

My co-workers are some of the best and nicest people I have worked with. Everyone says the teamwork at Globys is one of our greatest strengths. It is great to work in a place where collaboration and supporting your team is the norm. I think the leadership team has a good focus on making Globys a positive place to work - good office environment, benefits, perks, etc.

Cons

Like another reviewer I also hate the stupid candy jar. It is too much of a constant temptation. The other healthy snacks, like fresh fruit and veggies, are great though!

3. "A company with a great future, upside."

I have been working at Globys full-time

Pros

Diverse range of VERY talented people solving some big problems in the e-Invoicing space. Lots of perks, including contests, themed gatherings, and food and drink brought in often. Great office location.

Cons

While solving big problems, Globys employees can be overly heads down. Read; super quiet environment sometimes. And the secret chocolate stash near HR could potentially cause obesity for weaker people. : )

Advice to Management

Once in a bit, turn the volume up to 11 - and let the good times roll!

4. "No future"

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineering Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Globys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Access to bus and transit

Cons

No customers, no business, no future

5. "It's an OK job."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Globys full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people here are great to work with and are, for the most part, willing to share their knowledge.

New senior management team seems to be providing the focus and direction that has never been a part of the company before. I hope they stick it out.

Flexible work schedule.

Sounds like the direction of the newest version of our software "G3" will hopefully start to cure the persistent PITA that the legacy code is.

It's a profitable company.

Cons

Turnover... Nearly 100 people have cycled through the company in the time I've been here. It has slowed down somewhat in the past few months.

Low-ish pay. Bonus program has been well beyond bad in the past, but new plan for 2017 is a step in the right direction.

Virtual invoicing, or whatever the current term is that's used to describe our business, is far from the most exciting subject matter to work on. Truthfully, it's work that needs to be done, but to the rest of the world it's cracking dry and a cure for insomnia.

Open office environment. Thank god for headphones....

Legacy source code is a huge mess. The only thing that makes Globys a "Big Data" company is the volume of data that is handled by our product. We use none of the database technologies that are thought of when the term "Big Data" is used. It's misleading. When I joined Globys, I thought I'd be getting "Big Data" experience on the database side, but all Globys backend really amounts to is a giant SQL Server based relational database.... And that's not changing.

Advice to Management

Give stockholders a dividend to at least provide some kind of ROI to shareholders.
    Stop calling Globys a Big Data Startup. We've been around for over 15 years. It just sounds like we're trying to be a way cool hip business.

Globys Response

Mar 15, 2017 – COO

Hi,

The Globys leadership team completely agrees with you that people at Globys are great. Our culture continues to be the highest ranking portion of the employee survey.

The focus on... More

6. "Great environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Globys full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great environment, great people, wonderful management

Cons

Not many negatives, it was a great place to work!

7. "Stingy company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

Pros

Engineering team has some of the hardest working people I've ever worked with.

Cons

The CEO always finds away to explain why we didn't work hard enough to deserve a bonus year after year after year.
    From Globits to Globutts, they keep pushing us to complete our goals and offer NOTHING after a year of hard work.
    "I'm willing to starve engineering for some time before we invest into hiring new engineers" - Derek Edwards, CEO

Well ain't it just lovely.

Advice to Management

People are leaving. Ever wondered why?

Globys Response

Jan 13, 2017 – HR

On an on-going basis the Globys leadership team encourages and solicits feedback from all company employees on many aspects of the business including the company bonus plan. In fact, for 2017, the... More

8. "Good company with some room to improve"

I have been working at Globys full-time

Pros

Good culture and good people. New products that should boost sales

Cons

Lots of hard work still to be done to become great

9. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Globys (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible, minimum chain of commandment, honors ideas in improving exiting tech.

Cons

Work life balance is hard to maintain.

Advice to Management

Invest in talent retention.

"Hit and Miss"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Globys (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are a handful of nice and talented people who work here, who are genuinely interested in building a solid, respectable and respected product...

Cons

...unfortunately, none of them are in charge. Middle and upper management lack any vision, nor have they proven any ability to plan beyond the next contract cycle. They claim to have been in the industry for 15 years, but still handle finances and investment in employees like a dot-com just after the bubble burst.

Most, but not all, of the quality employees either burnt out or were forced out by the revolving door hiring/firing of development managers. A good portion of what remains either have no choice, or make so much more than the same-titled person sitting next to them, they would be a fool to leave. It all depends where in the contract cycle they were hired.

Lastly, the overly positive feedback above and below here is almost certainly the work of Globys's inhouse recruiting/PR company. Take it with a grain of salt.

Advice to Management

Clearly, no one can tell you anything, or you would be measuring your success in miles instead of inches. Your product has potential, but it's going to take some time and some money well-spent on talent who has a new vision.

You rely far too much on the long-term employees, which you should have systematically dropped shortly after you dropped the Callvision name.