Glocap Reviews | Glassdoor

Adam Zoia

1. "Glocap Review!"

Current Employee - Recruiting Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Recruiting Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Great culture! Such a fun place to work! Feels like a family.

Cons

I cant think of any!

2. "Temp Receptionist"

Current Employee - Temp Receptionist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Temp Receptionist in New York, NY

I have been working at Glocap part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The GC team is so great at getting many temp opportunities sent my way, I've consistently worked with them for 8 months as I've been an entrepreneur and I've preferred them to any other recruiting agency I've ever used.

Cons

Not all gigs pay as high as I'd prefer

3. "Great temp agency for artists!"

Current Employee - Temp
    Current Employee - Temp

Pros

They are really flexible, allow me to give them my availability every week, find me work that compensates my skill level, and have introduced me to awesome companies that ask me back! While I'm not looking for permanent work because of auditioning, I'm confident that they would find me a great job if I was interested.

Cons

Not as consistent work as I would wish, but that's the nature of temping!

5. "The Best Temp Agency"

Current Freelancer - Temp in New York, NY
    Current Freelancer - Temp in New York, NY

I have been working at Glocap (More than a year)

Pros

The staff at Glocap are incredible. Warm, personable, and incredibly responsive and communicative. They care about placing their temps in jobs that suit them, and they follow up to see how things are going. Since I started temping with them, I have worked consistently. They are incredibly efficient and fast.

Cons

Frankly, I have never had a bad experience with Glocap. The one downside: their timesheet system used to be a little dated, but they've since streamlined that.

Advice to Management

You guys rule and you have done so much for me, so thank you, first of all. The only advice really I have is maybe update the website a little? It could be a little more user-friendly and modern. But personnel wise and employment wise: flawless.

6. "Great agency for actors"

Pros

I've temped for over 10 years and Glocap is one of the most personable agencies I've worked with. Their staff is personable and flexible. I felt like they worked to find an assignment that was the right fit for both myself and the client.

Cons

Health benefits and the usual downsides of freelance.

7. "Glocap Has Helped Me Find Great Work Opportunities in NYC!"

Pros

I have only good things to say about my experience working with Glocap. As a recent graduate trying to find my way in NYC it has been extremely helpful having a team of friendly recruiters helping me to find my next steps. I am at a stage where I am unsure what I want my career to look like, and they have been patient and willing to understanding what might be a good fit.

With several recruiting teams, covering a variety of industries, Glocap has placed me in different short- term assignments giving me a chance to test out many roles. In addition, some short-term opportunities have even lead to full-time/permanent offers. As someone who takes commitment seriously, it has been nice to try out a job before fully committing to a permanent role!

If you’re struggling to find a good job in this city, which most are, Glocap will make finding the right job seem like a piece of cake. In other words, brush the dust off your suit and get ready to interview!

Cons

They provide health insurance for temporary employees but only after working 500 hours, which can be hard if you aren't working many hours. The good thing is the hours worked don't have to be continuous.

8. "Administrative"

Current Freelancer - Freelance Contractor/Temp in New York, NY
    Current Freelancer - Freelance Contractor/Temp in New York, NY

I have been working at Glocap (More than 3 years)

Pros

Incredible friendly and hardworking team; they do a great job of pairing their contractors with the right clients.

Cons

The negotiated pay rates could be higher, and I wish there were less gaps between assignments.

Advice to Management

End of the year "thank you" bonuses should be given to your long term contractors for their service.

9. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Glocap as a contractor

Pros

A prestigious staffing agency that top clients are familiar with and trust. For employers, there's "brand loyalty" in the name

Cons

Candidates do a lot of leg work through continuously applying to postings, rather than recruiters pairing them with a suitable opportunity.

Advice to Management

A little more effort into investing in the preparedness of your candidate pool before facing clients can go a long way.

10. "Managing Diector"

Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Glocap full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best of the Best. People, Culture, management, opportunity

Cons

None that come to mind!

11. "Product Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Glocap full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Glocap is a really positive work environment. All of the people that work here are kind and easy to deal with. It's an office that is open to new ideas and will put resources behind good ideas.

Cons

The office is located in Midtown - I come from a startup environment and would rather be downtown, but it's not a terrible con. Gym membership would be a nice addition as well!

Advice to Management

I think that if employees stay past 7:30 pm that they should get a dinner subsidy - nothing much just a few dollars to help compensate for working late!