Glocap Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Adam Zoia

1. "Great firm with exceptional people!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Glocap full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Glocap currently provides a great culture, filled with young, energetic employees motivated to collaborate. It has provided me with significant opportunity for growth and exposure to leading alternative investment firms. All of the employees are encouraging and make coming to work enjoyable. Very flexible with regards to work life balance and understanding of people's needs outside the office.

Cons

CEO is too loyal and kept employees on board longer than needed. Luckily this changed and has helped create the new, enjoyable, and collective environment we have now.

Advice to Management

CEO is always available with an open door policy. Very understanding and supportive. Cares for his employees and listens to recommendations for the firm. He has personally made my experience at Glocap exceptional.

New management team recently joined and has really made a concerted effort to unify the firm.

2. "Dynamic and entrepreneurial Company"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Glocap full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Glocap treats its employees like adults, is highly entrepreneurial, has A clients and is a great group of people to work with. I recently left to take a recruiting role at a company just to try something different but was shocked to see some of the venomous reviews on this site. They don't accurately reflect the company I worked at and I have to imagine that they were inspired by the group of employees who left last summer to join a competitor and lost a law suit initiated by Glocap. Bottom line is it is a great place to work if you are self-motivated, like flexibility, value an A-client list and like being around very motivated, high energy and entrepreneurial people. I was sad to go. Lastly, during my years at Glocap the CEO always treated me and everyone around me highly fairly. He is a straight shooter and perhaps some people cant hack that but I prefer that to someone who doesn't tell you like they see it.

Cons

If you want a highly directed environment where everything is laid out for you, Glocap is not a good fit. If you are confident and like to have the scope to do things in your own way as long as the standards are high and the outcomes are good, then Glocap is a good fit.

Advice to Management

Although I always appreciated the non-hierarchical culture, I do think that more formal recognition through promotions and a bit more emphasis on titles as a means to recognize people's development would be helpful.

3. "Not your typical search firm!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Glocap full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Glocap is a firm that sets the bar and is not afraid to set it high. Glocap does not compete with other firms, it creates the standard for which other firms strive to be. When hired to be a recruiter here you MUST understand that the culture is entrepreneurial. The employees are ambitious adults that are not waiting to be told what to do, but instead are diving in and getting it done. The new management has fostered the passion in new employees, ignited a fire in old employees, and encourages a collaborative effort to provide unparalleled service to both clients and candidates. I look forward to coming to work each day and being part of such a strong team.

Cons

CEO gives people the benefit of the doubt and often times trusts people to a fault. I am shocked to see such negative feedback when I am sure the CEO has gone above and beyond for most of these individuals. As for me, the CEO has been nothing but a fierce leader that pushes me to strive harder to reach my professional goals, and has welcomed me and my colleagues as part of his family.

Advice to Management

The open door policy is fantastic. I love that the opinions of all employees, no matter what their role here, are heard.

5. "Entrepreneurial environment with great potential for the self-motivated"

Current Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Glocap full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Glocap for four years and what I enjoy most about the company is the ability to work autonomously, but also with the support of my team, when needed. There is a lot of transparency within the firm, particularly with the new faces added across the past year. It is a refreshing and exciting time for the firm.

Cons

Every organization goes through growing pains and there have been adjustments along the way this past year, as we adapt to new individuals and ideas. Overall, I think that the open communication and eagerness with which people have come to the table has been positive and well-received.

Advice to Management

As a firm, Glocap needs to continue to focus on cultivating its internal talent. We have a young, hungry team who is eager to take on new challenges and is up to the task.

6. "Innovative, energetic and fun"

Former Employee - Strategy in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Strategy in New York, NY

I worked at Glocap full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smart, fun people working on solving a big problem that could improves the lives of many people.

Cons

Can be intense at times, but to be expected at a start-up that is trying to make the world a better place!

Advice to Management

Plan a few more events to reduce stress!

"Glocap Helped Me to Land my Job!!"

I worked at Glocap full-time

Pros

I had a great experience with Glocap. I would recommend it to anyone who is eager and hardworking.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of one. I was definitely skeptical at first about the process, but the process led to positive outcome.

Advice to Management

N/A

8. "Temporary Program Assistant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

I found the staff at Glocap to be exceptional. They helped me during a transition period, by matching me with a position covering someone who was on maternity leave. I only wish the temp agencies in my current city were as helpful and effective as they are.

Cons

Honestly, I have no cons, when I compare my experience with Glocap to other temp agencies in the area and elsewhere.

9. "The People Make the Company"

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

excellent work/life balance, positive leadership, company listens to feedback, mentorship, honesty

Cons

They want me to write five words but I cant think of any actual cons

Advice to Management

Matt & Steph are two fun, friendly, and hard-working leaders who made my time spent at Glocap a truly positive experience. They have built Glocap digital into a company built of employees who have integrity and a true knack for matching companies with the right people. Brock, John, and Corey were fantastic team members and the environment fosters a real sense of collaboration and team work without the hyper competitive negativity. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST

10. "Product Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Glocap full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Glocap is a really positive work environment. All of the people that work here are kind and easy to deal with. It's an office that is open to new ideas and will put resources behind good ideas.

Cons

The office is located in Midtown - I come from a startup environment and would rather be downtown, but it's not a terrible con. Gym membership would be a nice addition as well!

Advice to Management

I think that if employees stay past 7:30 pm that they should get a dinner subsidy - nothing much just a few dollars to help compensate for working late!

11. "Managing Diector"

Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Managing Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Glocap full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best of the Best. People, Culture, management, opportunity

Cons

None that come to mind!