Glotel Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Glotel CEO & CFO Michele Casey
Michele Casey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "team members go above and beyond to help others" (in 3 reviews)

• "People, people, people - the company culture and people were the reason I stayed so long" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great team, great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Glotel (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are the best, great systems and processes, super efficient team. team members go above and beyond to help others. They also provide first class service to clients and associates. The entire Glotel team strives to be the best in the industry. Glotel managers take time to listen to employees and provide training. Unlike places I have worked in the past where employees were left to sink or swim, Glotel makes sure that employees have the tools to be successful. Fun office activities, recognition for achievements and room to grow.

Cons

Constantly changing industry requires constant updates and improvements

Advice to Management

Keep it up. thanks for valuing your team and your clients---it shows. Excited for the new opportunities that will come with change in ownership.

Apr 13, 2018 – VP H.R.

Thank you for taking time to write a review for Glotel! We appreciate the feedback.

2. "Glotel PNW-Recommended"

I worked at Glotel (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing team, challenging work, solid infrastructure and consistent work. Flexibility and benefits were also excellent. I worked at Glotel as both a consultant and a colleague. Every team member I encountered was positive and helpful. Back office does a good job of helping remote employees acclimate and feel connected to the organization. Employees are dedicated to their work.
     Client views of Glotel are excellent. Glotel is respected in the industry. Overall a very positive employment experience. Outlook is good and I would recommend Glotel.

Cons

The industry can be shrewd and clients place extremely high demands on companies like Glotel. Glotel does a good job of staying ahead of the game and keeping pace.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve communication and supporting your employees.

Jun 11, 2018 – VP H.R.

Thank you for taking time to write a review for Glotel! We appreciate the feedback and agree our PNW team is OUTSTANDING!

3. "Liars"

I have been working at Glotel full-time

Pros

The people you get to work with... even though now everyone is over worked and grumpy, but they are still the best part of being here

Cons

The list just keep growing.
    1. Took away our 401k, didn't fund the match of 2017 and didn't say anything... like we might not notice
    2. told us layoffs were done, then laid people off
    3. EVERYTHING is a secret.

Advice to Management

take a second to remember employees are people too, we see whats going on, you aren't hiding anything. Why are you making this transition so shady??

Jun 13, 2018 – VP H.R.

“Thank you for the review, we value all input and are very concerned about your current company outlook. Your value on openness and honesty mirrors our own. We would very much like to discuss how we... More

4. "It's all about the work environment"

Pros

Having worked for many companies over the years I realize how important it is to have a strong company culture and a positive work environment. The atmosphere at Glotel makes it enjoyable to come to work every day. Working in a smaller company you have an opportunity to wear many hats. Glotel cross trains employees and opportunities for growth are always available. Glotel managers are experienced and knowledgeable about the industry. They have worked in the company for years but are always open to improving things and hearing new ideas. Very generous with time off, always giving back to the community, good health benefits and gym membership are a few of the best perks.

Cons

Like any workplace there are ups and downs, a lot of it is industry/client driven. Now that the company is released from the grip of a PE firm, the future is looking good

Advice to Management

thanks for making Glotel a secure place to work.

5. "Review for Glotel"

I have been working at Glotel full-time

Pros

I love working at Glotel, great opportunities. Not the typical staffing company. Glotel supports employees and helps them grow. Company culture is positive and energetic. A lot of people to go to ask questions, they are willing to help. Great training in the fundamentals of staffing. Current sales team pounding the pavement to bring in new clients while continuing focus and attention on developing long standing accounts. Recruitment team is the best in the industry. Strong partnerships between sales and recruitment teams provide the best service to clients. Focus on giving associates the best possible experience.

Cons

The staffing industry can be a roller coaster. Employees need to have a thick skin and adapt quickly.

Jun 11, 2018 – VP H.R.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We know our employees are what makes us great, we strive to keep learning and developing along side them.

6. "Integrity Means Everything"

Pros

-Clear performance metrics
    -Good systems and processes
    -Company policies are fair and clearly communicated
    -Helpful back office team
    -Employees are expected to be accountable. Glotel discourages the blame game.
    -You get out of it what you put into it.
    -Employees know what is required to be successful.
    -Employees are given a chance to build momentum and ramp up when new to the company.
    -Management meets with employees daily/weekly so you always know where you stand as far as performance.
    -Good training
    -Unlike other staffing agencies commission is paid before the company gets paid from client.
    -Lots of flexibility and you can work remote when you do your job.
    -If you perform and meet KPI's, managers let you do your thing and encourage you along the way.
    - When employees fall behind, Glotel helps you get back on track and they expect you to follow the requirements...again accountability is a value at Glotel. A level playing field makes it fair to all.

Cons

New employees don't always understand how competitive this industry can be. Working in staffing requires meeting metrics and KPI's. Delivering results and making money is what this industry is all about. Employees who don't understand that concept bring others down.

Advice to Management

-Keep communicating and recognizing your performing team members.
    -Closely screen new team members to be sure that they understand the nature of the industry.
    -Give new team members a clear understanding about the level of work required to succeed in staffing.

Jun 11, 2018 – VP H.R.

Thank you for providing a very thorough review of Glotel! We strive to assist our employees meet all personal and professional goals!

7. "Remote Employee"

Pros

Excellent place to learn. Wonderful culture. Open communication. Working remote I always felt connected to the team. Everyone was super responsive when help was needed on anything. Payroll group rocks! Leaders care.

Cons

no cons, great company awesome

Advice to Management

Continue with communicating goals for the company and offering advancement opportunities. Keep up the great work in supporting your people

Jun 11, 2018 – VP H.R.

Thank you for the review! You are right, our payroll team can’t be beat!

"Recruiter"

I have been working at Glotel full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has great reqs to work, solid client relationships and is finally not wasting money on the boo hooers.
    New sales reps are talented.

Cons

Took too long to fire the slackers. Hired a bunch of recruiters that didn't work they were so entitled they expected everything for coming in at 11am and leaving at 4. They couldn't find and keep any good candidates.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the losers faster. They distract the A team from doing their job with all of their whining.

Apr 13, 2018 – VP H.R.

Thank you for the feedback! We agree that employees with a positive outlook and strong work ethic are the best fit for the Glotel team.

"Good experience at Glotel"

I worked at Glotel (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to gain experience in my field after moving to a new city. Co-workers were friendly and always helpful. Everyone went above and beyond to help me when I first started. Management was knowledgeable and willing to listen/train. There was lots of autonomy and opportunities to work on new ideas and projects. Good company with good people.

Cons

I moved and the commute became difficult. There were often fire alarms to deal with client emergencies.

Apr 13, 2018 – VP H.R.

Thank you for taking time to write a review for Glotel! We are glad your experience was a positive one!

10. "Sales Exec"

Pros

People really care at this company. The company believes in its people and wants to do everything so the employees never have to worry about having a job

Cons

the industry is full of underhanded people and margins are being driven down by less than honest competitors

Advice to Management

Believe in what you are doing- we do

Apr 13, 2018 – VP H.R.

Thank you for the positive review!