GoDaddy Reviews in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great benefits and opportunities to progress in your career (in 98 reviews)

• Good benefits and a variety of available shifts (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • They now have focused more on revenue from the website and less on their call center (in 47 reviews)

• Upper management has lost site of what Dr (in 25 reviews)

1. "GoDaddy Is Life!"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is one of a kind! The people you work with everyday make you want to be here. Culture is the driving force behind the success we have seen here at GoDaddy. Switching my career to come here was one of the best decisions I've made. You get to work hard with individuals that are just as passionate as you are about the success of our clients, which is pretty awesome.

Cons

We are new to public offering. We have done an awesome job adjusting since our launch of IPO but we still have room to improve our overall processes to match that of our competitors that have been public longer.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your people and do whats right for the Employee, Customer, & Company! You guys are figuring it out so keep driving it home. Awesome Job!

2. "Overall great place to work"

Current Employee - C3 Supervisor in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - C3 Supervisor in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent culture, solid benefits and pay. Company is growing. Company focuses on employee experience and has many extra incentives and contests that make working there very awesome.

Cons

Seems to be a ceiling to how far you can advance in leadership. There used to be more of a culture of promote from within but that has changed in recent years and now there's virtually no opportunities beyond the supervisor level.

Advice to Management

Needs to have more opportunities for veteran employees for advancement, especially within leadership.

3. "Billing and PWS Rep"

Current Employee - Design Support Representative II in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Design Support Representative II in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Promotions and lateral transfers are highly encouraged.

Cons

Communication as to WHY decisions from the powers that be could be clearer. When denied an internal position, better explanations need to be made.

Advice to Management

Make more decision makers, less yes men. Department managers say their doors are always open but it certainly doesn't feel that way.

May 22, 2017 – Sr. Director

We want to thank you for taking the time to share your employment experiences and concerns, we value and appreciate your feedback. We understand the value of open and transparent leadership ... More

5. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Sales and Support in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales and Support in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, health care, layed back, training

Cons

Taking test and quizzes, but if you take good notes and k ow how to navigate their system and google you will do fine. Open book quizzes and final.

Advice to Management

In training focus on how to find solutions to fix issues because the ranch is crazy and you feel a bit stupid because you have no idea what you're doing.

6. "Hosting Sales / Support"

Former Employee - Hosting Support in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Hosting Support in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits
    Make a solid effort to make everything you need available to you at work
    Many departments to move into (if you can sell)

Cons

Knowledge and Accountability fluctuate GREATLY in management
    Expectations to meet metrics take precedent over employees
    Illusion that employees that upper management actually care about customers

Advice to Management

You expect too much out of your hosting reps. They are the catch-all inbound support for GoDaddy. Your departments needs more accountability and really anyone pushing your products. The culture has evolved at GoDaddy to selling people things they absolutely do not need just so you make enough revenue to not get fired.

The pressure mounts higher for Hosting Support as they are expected to handle shared server, dedicated server, SSL, cPanel mail issues, shared hosting viruses pushing Sitelock (which hardly works), and much much more with the expectation of also selling these customers at least $300 worth of product a day to keep your job.

I had received so many calls where an individual was told the incorrect thing several times (some upwards of 10 calls) until it was up to me to bite the bullet and address the real problem. There is no pat on the back at GoDaddy for finally solving a customer's issue who has been told the wrong thing from 10 other reps (because you have either miss-trained them or because they don't want their handle time to look bad because it's a long issue). But if you sold that guy a server, they'd sound an alarm for you.

Separate sales and tech support COMPLETELY or your loyal customer base that you've built will leave you as they are getting sick and tired of being offered renewals and new hosting accounts on every call.

If you all would like to continue reading: hosting department was asked several times for mandatory overtime. To meet metrics (was 1% off availability to customers... 96% instead of 97), my manager suggested not taking my whole breaks or shortening the time spent at lunch.

The whole company left a bad taste in my mouth. I am someone who really wanted to help the customer and solve the issues they were calling in for and received multiple "Customer Service Stars" for having the highest CSS in the department, but always struggled in sales. While my counterparts who weren't afraid to sell useless product got large bonuses and standing ovations at weekly meetings. I got a quick shout-out at the end of the month and pin to place on my shirt to show how much I meant to the customers and company for what I do.

Would not. Recommend. 2 Stars only because of the company you used to be and the one I hope you turn back into some day. One that truly cares about their customers and employees.

7. "Good place to work, but still some growing pains"

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Results oriented. If you are capable and work hard, you will get ahead.
    Company has grown every year, even during recession.
    Excellent benefits.

Cons

Growing pains still an issue. Short-term result orientation not good for long term planning. Some infrastructure and product issues as a consequence.

May 15, 2017 – Director of Software Development

Thank you for your feedback, and good to see that you notice that hard work is rewarded. Our rate of growth has definitely caused some growing pains, but true to our result-oriented DNA, we are ... More

8. "Billing Representative"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Income "Potential", Culture, Contests

Cons

Monotony, Lack of Training, Lack of Education

Advice to Management

Better onboard training, and OJT sales training. More sharing of best practices. More time from coaches spent coaching.

May 8, 2017 – Customer Care Operations Director

Thank you for the feedback! We're constantly working on training opportunities and we've got some good ones coming up in your area. We'd also love to hear your feedback on how we could reduce the ... More

9. "This aint Google"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free Healthcare, Company Growth, Stock Sharing program

Cons

Where do I start with Godaddy. Well first of all unimaginable sales pressure, can you say boilerroom? Can you say horrible hosting and domain products that are difficult to selll. I am not sure what happened to this company they will have short term growth but the the long term trajectory is bad folks. I don't care about your annual party, or pie eating contests, or free cookies or coffee. How about not setting unrealistic sales goals, or maybe improving some of your services so we don't have to detail with angry customers when there site isn't working properly.

Advice to Management

Well Godaddy is corporate and when you start answering to shareholders this is what happens, I don't know what to say beyond that.

"Smoke and Mirrors"

Former Employee - Chat Consultant in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Chat Consultant in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, subsidized meals, a slide?

Cons

Spineless management, cliquey culture, deceitful practices

Advice to Management

I was genuinely excited and hopeful when I started to work for GoDaddy 6 years ago. Unfortunately after going public, and with many changes to our metrics along with leadership over that time, I left the feeling defeated. GoDaddy has great benefits and pay for a call center, but in the end that is all it really is. They present themselves as an open environment where everyone has a voice, but it couldn't be farther from that. The good ol' boys club is very much present, if you are not part of that then you feel expendable. In addition to that, many employees lost their positions since GoDaddy decided to outsource their jobs overseas since it was cheaper labor. I understand that a company needs to be able to make money since it is all about the bottom line, but taking away jobs from your own employees is despicable. It wasn't spun as "taking away" your position, it was presented as a way to open up more opportunities for employees by demoting them back to a previous position that they worked to move out of, and if their position opened back up again they would be first in line to come back. Well that never happened, and in fact even more people are in danger of being demoted due to outsourcing. Overall, this place just became another job to collect a paycheck, and leadership couldn't care less about their people, they care more about lining their own pockets. Thank you for taking the time to read my review, now just waiting for the canned response from GoDaddy, if they even care to respond.

11. "Worst experience - customer service rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Health insurance is free if you're full time, but working as part time it came out to be $120 every two weeks. Was able to work only three days as part time and focus more time on finishing degree.

Cons

Can't ever be sick if you don't have sick hours, as a part time rep you get like 2 sick hours every month. Training goes over basic knowledge you should probably know already, which obviously doesn't help a lot. Supervisors don't do anything but watch YouTube on their computers and be on their personal phones. There are plenty of customers that are clearly mad at the products/rules and situations completely out of our hands will be blamed on you. Supervisors are not very knowledgeable, as they were probably reps for only a couple of months and have little experience. Oh, and God forbid you ever need their assistance as they will do anything to not take sup calls. All reps are required 96% availability, so don't plan on ever taking breaks or moments between hard calls. At the end, I informed supervisors that I wanted to put in a two week notice and supervisors had me quit that very moment. This has been the worst experience I have ever had.

Advice to Management

Pick better supervisors or at least train them better. Let the customers know what the scope of support entails, so they are not angrily blaming reps.