GoDaddy Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Benefits for those that use them (in 109 reviews)

• Good pay - Good benefits - Nicer offices - On-campus gyms - Subsidized Meals - External perks, ie: Travel Discounts (in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • Its a call center job for the most part (in 55 reviews)

• upper management seems less and less transparent over time (in 28 reviews)

1. "Not all it's cracked up to be"

Former Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Vice President in San Francisco, CA

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The day to day operations people that are overworked and continue to be piled on

Cons

Executive management team
    Divide between Senior leaders of 'Old School' vs 'New Hires'
    High Turnover in key area's
    Willingness to 'fudge' or 'blur' the numbers when going out with a press releases

Advice to Management

Get rid of most of the 'Old School' SLT and leadership. They will continue to hold you back.

2. "Consultation and Care Representative"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

cool contests, new building, food on-site

Cons

everyone is on drugs, office always smells like pot. The parking is terrible. Really bad at being understanding when coming back from a medical leave. Supervisors are really rude and not understanding. Job is sold as support, but it is all about the up-sell of inferior products.

Advice to Management

Re-think how you have been running this company, it used to be good.

3. "Do NOT work for Godaddy"

Former Employee - Customer Care Consultant in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Care Consultant in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good work place, good work colleauges

Cons

Godaddy give the impression of being an empathetic company toward their customer and staff, the realism is you are trained to to sound empathetic, be friendly, open and fix any issues! this is just so you can lull the customer into a false sense of great customer care! when you first answer the call you need to follow their requirements i.e welcome the customer, get their contact number to build a confidence in the customer and then ask what the issue is, and confirm the issue.... in the mean time you are trained to look at their renewals that are upcoming and their life time spend! you are required to load carts for people on renewals and products you are about to consult to i.e office 365 and add ons ( archiving encryption and backups )which you are continuously told to sell sell sell.
    you are required to sell at least $576 of new sales per day to keep your job, you have to have at least a 8.6 customer survey and be available for calls for at least 96 % of your shift. Godaddy give over this persona of being all about customer service with a one stop care center when all they want from you as an employee is to root through the customers account while resolving their issues and sell them a product! Godaddy used to be a great place to work for but its all about the sales and if you miss out on any of your metrics you are put on a p.i.p ( personal improvement plan) i.e SELL more! Goaddy's big concern is having all their customers on Office 365! push it sell it sell the addons sell sell sell, the prices are low until the customer renews and by then its too late. you do make a bonus thats if you sell their products and if like me you dont have accounts taken off you and bigger sales moved over to another department! In my honest oppinion it was a year wasted ! oh and if you are a smoker? you will be paying $60 per paycheck to be on their free medical plan!!!

Advice to Management

Do not Lie to your staff, the tiger team is not working!! teach your supervisors its not just about getting awards i.e luminary awards. do not BS about call queues!! if you want people to sell you should give them the chance not just stick them in queues with no chance of making minimums! my biggest advice to any of the upper management is go home! look in the mirror and remember why you started your job in the first place! if you cant look yourself in the eye when you do then you should not have your job!

Oct 8, 2017 – Director

We appreciate you reaching out to share your insight. We are competing in a highly competitive space that requires us to constantly improve to meet the demands of our amazing customers. That... More

4. "Beyond the bluster"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

convenient locations throughout the valley to work at.
    If you are lucky enough to snag a job in the technical/corporate side of the house, you will be well paid.

Cons

"Do-Gooder" facade
    The embodiment of most negative "big corporate" stereotypes.
    If you are a phone jockey of any kind, you will be used and abused.
    If you are not a masochist, driving an Uber is probably a better option.

Make no mistake, this place is a grind house.

Advice to Management

Complete transparency to all involved parties is of utmost importance when an issue with senior leadership is brought to the attention of other senior leaders. How is the response "you may do better in other departments" appropriate during the first discussion regarding un-professional leadership practices? How can that be said when no investigation into multiple substantiated instances of those issues has begun? The only way a semi-intelligible person can take this is that the complaint department doesn't care. That they are fully aware of how "the ship" is running.

Oct 8, 2017 – Director

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We are constantly monitoring our environment to maintain flexibility while clearly laying out our vision for our customers. We encourage all team members to reach... More

"Come here if you can handle the politics"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flex work schedule
    Good vacation
    Nice coworkers
    Above average benefits
    Good work life balance
    People are generally not super strict about missing meetings, deadlines, etc.

Cons

Pay is tier 2, no matter how much they try to say it's FB level, it's like FB level for 1 person, and tier 3 for everyone else
    Politics, too many former Yahoo / MS people here so you have to play the game otherwise your stuck promotion wise and project wise. People get ahead of you for no reason because of politics.
    Work is all web services / web apps. UI work is considered cream of the crop interesting work. Good luck trying to work on an AI team here like Google. All code monkey work.
    Too many lifers. Need to get fresh perspectives.

Advice to Management

Shake up management with non big company people

Sep 5, 2017 – VP Software Engineering

Hi there,

First of all thanks for your feedback. I am glad that you listed several Pros that we are super proud of here at GoDaddy, like Flexible schedule and the Good work and life balance and... More

6. "It's not worth it"

Former Employee - Productivity in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Productivity in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a job with benifits.

Cons

Never had a good work schedule since I been there. Low pay only made $15 an hour there. Most people only get like a ten cent raise for there annual raises. Cheap health care for medication CVS Caremark, sucks. This company is more about pushing sales down peoples throats. They don't want to keep smart tech people. They want good sales people. It's basically a low paying sales job. I came into this job with a lot of tech skills and experience but that doesn't matter to GoDaddy, they just want you to sell everything without teching. I like to help people but that doesn't go far in the company. It's not a career it's a job. Constantly worrying about hitting your sales numbers everyday or else you will be fired. This company is loosing it's awesome reputation that it used to have. Greed has taken over this company demaning everything from it's employee's with little to no return. They keep taking more and more money away from the employee's and raising the minimums. Don't waste your time working here thinking that your going to make a ton of money and be rich.

Advice to Management

Give your employee's a decent wage your a tech company for God's sake. Also you need a better system in place for work schedules I don't understand why certain departments have to work weekends. Appricate your employee's more. You should have good sales teams that just want to sell and tech teams that just want to tech. Simple as that. Also you guys need a better parking lot situation it's really bad.

Sep 7, 2017 – C3 Operations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to offer us feedback. We always appreciate hearing from previous employees even when the feedback is critical. It’s disappointing to hear you had a negative experience... More

"This company is horrendous"

Former Employee - Hosting in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Hosting in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun people. Atmosphere cool.

Cons

I wrote another review but I deleted to give less stars after hr has lied to me over and over.
    I was promised a raise in April. It wasn't out onto my check for a while so I was told I would be given backpay. Cool. I thought that the lump sum would be nice. It would help.
    Joke was on me. I had to leave after getting very sick. I emailed them all but begging for the money they owed me. They got the info to show they owed me. Last week, Monday I believe It was, I was told hey we're finalizing the numbers and they would by end of business. I emailed Thursday asking for an update. Nothing. I emailed over the weekend and waited until today. Nothing. I emailed today. Nothing. I have been lied to. I am still in the system so I cannot apply for help with the sickness and medical bills because I show active there because they have me in the system until they pay me. I have been gone over a month. Legally the money should have been paid the pay day after j left and I was incredibly patient.

Advice to Management

Telling me to email hr about my complaints is a joke. Don't bother. I will simply forward every email i have sent without a response. As of now, I am filing a suit with small claims and I am disappointed as I believe this to be the opposite of the culture GoDaddy claims. This review is not to be told to email hr. It is simply so anyone applying can be forewarned that the pay department, or HR or whomever is in charge of giving raises employees work hard for is a joke.

Aug 22, 2017 – Director, Customer Care

Thank you for your candor. Please reach out to rvm@godaddy.com to review this directly. We take issues like this very seriously and would like to help you see closure.

Michael Dickinson... More

8. "Finance Manager"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

IT can be a fun environment

Cons

Dysfunctional, stressful, fake, risky and unstructured

Aug 4, 2017 – Employment Brand

Thanks for you feedback. We’re always working to be better, continually improving the culture and employee experience. GoDaddy is a fast-moving and rapidly expanding company that has maintained its... More

"C3 employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

okay benefits, cool A/C, covered parking.

Cons

This company used to care about its employees, not any more. Ive worked here over 6 years and ive seen everything go down hill faster and faster. Pay has been cut in 1/2 for top performers. Managements says one thing then does the opposite, example - they say we are expanding positions in a department, 5 weeks later tell over 300 people they lost their jobs to outsourcing and can apply within for a new position or leave. we use to pride ourselves in USA based help. No we are moving out to Manila, Mexico, Brazil, India, Etc.... If you decide to work here be prepared to work your butt off for a pay check then for its requirements to change in 30 days so its harder to get the same pay. They hare something called contribution which they change every 1st of the month so the tiers for pay change. Bonus manipulation at its finest... to control what pay outs they expect.

Advice to Management

Nothing can be done. there is a mass exodus of the people who cared about go daddy. this isn't even for the low end employees. The managers, directors, VPs are all leaving.

Jul 17, 2017 – Customer Care Operations Director

GoDaddy's definitely a place where change is a constant and that's been part of the charm for many years. As to the compensation topic, bonus targets are set each month based on seasonal trends and a... More

""Wait, the choices we make affect people?" - Management"

Current Employee - Hosting Sales and Support
    Current Employee - Hosting Sales and Support

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really know how to make trash sound like gold

Cons

Management has completely lost site of what the company needs, why people loved (notice the past tense) it here, and what the employees do in their daily lives. It's not uncommon to completely release a new product, or revamp something we already have so we can charge more, all while there might be massive internal issues or glaring mistakes with other products that don't make money. This company is the definition of "It it doesn't make money, it doesn't matter".

If you're not making sales, you don't matter. You can't go a day without being asked "How much have you made?" or "What did you sell that customer?".

Advice to Management

Look around you in the industry. Make our prices competitive at all levels, not just against Network Solutions and Host Gator. Bring in a better, and larger, technical team and revamp their tools so they can support the customers. And to top it all off, make sales and tech 2 separate things. There are already agents dedicated to selling customers things, where is the team dedicated to fixing customer issues without charge?

Jun 20, 2017 – Director

Thank you for posting your commentary. I'd like to take a moment to address your concerns. In regards to dividing Tech from sales: From the outside looking in, we could be classified as a call or... More