GoDaddy Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Benefits for those that use them (in 106 reviews)

• Good pay - Good benefits - Nicer offices - On-campus gyms - Subsidized Meals - External perks, ie: Travel Discounts (in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • Its a call center job for the most part (in 54 reviews)

• Illusion that employees that upper management actually care about customers (in 27 reviews)

"Good in the beginning a bit lackluster in the end"

Former Employee - Data Center Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Data Center Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits
    Decent pay
    Can move around pretty easily

Cons

After Bob Parsons left the company and the Silicon Valley types took over; the company seemed to change into more of a corporate type of environment which really killed the atmosphere most of us were used to. I came on a year or so before Bob Parsons left and enjoyed the company he had made. He wasn't an uptight leader by any means and seemed very genuine. I was able to go from incoming sales/support to IT pretty quickly, but because of how Silo'd things are it is easy to get trapped into one position and not able to move out due to lack of experience in other areas.

Sep 13, 2017 – Senior Director

Appreciate the candid feedback. At GoDaddy, we work hard to create an environment for team members to do their best work each and every day. We encourage our team members to be curious, open minded... More

2. "Don't let them fool you.."

Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid health benefits.
    No drug testing, so get as high as you want and go to work. (Most people do)

Cons

-Little to no career advancement.
    -Don't care about the customer anymore, you have to try to sell them something even if their other products aren't working properly.
    - very clique orientated.
    - don't be fooled thinking this is strictly sales. Inbound support is 85% customers needing help with products that are broken or are plain terrible, yet you still have to try and sell them more stuff they don't need.
    - training is terrible, they don't teach you some critical things you should know before you hit the floor.

Advice to Management

Separate sales from support. Maybe look into your supervisors and coaches, oh wait, I forgot the coach position was eliminated. You could never find a sup or coach in Gilbert, they were either outside smoking or busy socializing. Train new hires better. The first thing you're told when you hit the floor is "forget everything you learned in training." The amount of accounts that are screwed up by new hires and misinformation from new hires to customers is atrocious. I could go on, but having dealt with HR for almost two years, I know none of this review will even matter to you. GD is just another company that started going downhill when it went public.

Sep 13, 2017 – Customer Care Operations Director

GoDaddy is constantly evolving to make the employee experience great. We've got a ton of great benefits and competitive pay.

Employee development is a focus of each one-on-one coaching session... More

"Networking Engineering was a really painful, stressful place to be at Godaddy."

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work is interesting. Some of the people you work with are exceptional. There are amazing offices built to foster both collaboration and inspiration.

Cons

Management is subjective, based on whims and perception rather than what is occurring. Nepotism is a real problem.
    Security is really draconian.
    Projects are often bloated by additional requirements.

Advice to Management

Get more involved. Pay more attention to senior engineers and their work life balance.

Sep 5, 2017 – VP, Networking

Thank you for your review. We always want to hear from our people and find it really helpful as we strive to continuously improve our organization. It’s great to hear that you found the... More

4. "Bilingual Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tempe building is a state of art facility. Fun Activities and good cafeteria. Benefits are great.

Cons

Too much changes with bonus structure and departments with little notice to employees. Alot of little groups of people and politics over professionalism.

Advice to Management

Less politics.

Aug 14, 2017 – Employment Brand

Thank you for providing your honest feedback.
    We know how adapting to change can be extremely difficult. We try to execute strong Change Management by having open brown bag meetings before any... More

5. "Sales/Customer Service"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Fun place - beer - candy - popcorn- games - slide - Tshirts

Cons

Took the position to sell. Was told that position was 80 sales - 20 percent customer service by the recruiter and in the interview. They pulled a total bait and switch. The facts were flipped - 20 percent Sales and 80 percent customer service. After talking to multiple co- workers they had been told the same when they were hired. The turn over rate is huge - perhaps if they were honest - those that wanted a sales position wouldn't accept the position offered , and your turn over wouldn't be so high.

Advice to Management

Look into the your fraudulent hiring practices - Monitor calls more often - to see the low opportunity for sales - and questionable tactics some use to squeeze the most out of the opportunities that may come up.

Jul 17, 2017 – Customer Care Operations Director

Thank you for your perspective. If you've got more specifics, please reach out to hr@godaddy.com or rvm@godaddy.com.

"Just a call center, no longer the great organization it was..."

Former Employee - Team Leader in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Probably one of the best call center jobs in Arizona. Amazing benefits and offers advancement to the young and pretty. Locations are impressive, subsidized food is good and culture can be fun. No drug testing.

Cons

Nepotism, favoritism and highly questionable hiring practices abound. The company cannot seem to decide whether they are a financially responsible, publicly traded organization or a frat-boy mentality sales-focused call center. Promotions seem to be based on who you drink or party with over qualifications or skills. Recently started sending a LOT of jobs to foreign countries. Management seems to be managing more experienced workers out in efforts to hire cheaper and less knowledgeable friends into roles. The DNA of the company has changed drastically since going public in 2015. This is not the company it once was (read the 2016 & 2017 reviews). The call center side of the organization has had multiple leadership changes (most of them terrible) and seems to be treading water in regards to the culture and environment it once had. The pride of working at GoDaddy is gone, and it's just a sales, sales, sales call center job these days. Systems and technology are a mess. Leadership seems to be living in the past and the good workers are leaving at an alarming rate. Even the people who try to stay are having their jobs sent to the Philippines or Europe. The call centers are out of space in Arizona, so future hiring just looks to replace the smart people who leave. Limited opportunities for growth in the U.S.

Advice to Management

Find a balance between profitability and culture. Stop telling people to live the values when those values aren't a focus or even a concern. Worry less about revenue and more about the human side of the organization. When you treated your employees well, the money followed. Stop just trying to hire friends or relatives. Stop chasing the flavor of the month and just do right by people. Start hiring leaders based on WHAT they know, instead of WHO they know. Spend some money on updating the systems and actually make things better. Start listening to the climate survey responses and make some positive changes.

Jun 26, 2017 – Sr. Director Customer Care

Thank you for your feedback. There are several concerns and suggestions we are actively working on. Examples are our robust agenda responding to the GoDaddy Voice survey results and the importance... More

7. "GoDaddy has become too corperate"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and decent pay for starting out.

Cons

Management only cares about numbers not quality. They continuously roll out sub par products sell them then say we will fix them later. They do not train their agents beyond basic dns.

Advice to Management

Focus on training and making your core products great instead of all the add ons mediocre.

Jun 26, 2017 – Employment Brand

Thank you for your feedback regarding training. We do offer a comprehensive 5-6 week new hire on-boarding training program that includes training on all of the products and services for the top call... More

"Hosting Sales / Support"

Former Employee - Hosting Support in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Hosting Support in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits
    Make a solid effort to make everything you need available to you at work
    Many departments to move into (if you can sell)

Cons

Knowledge and Accountability fluctuate GREATLY in management
    Expectations to meet metrics take precedent over employees
    Illusion that employees that upper management actually care about customers

Advice to Management

You expect too much out of your hosting reps. They are the catch-all inbound support for GoDaddy. Your departments needs more accountability and really anyone pushing your products. The culture has evolved at GoDaddy to selling people things they absolutely do not need just so you make enough revenue to not get fired.

The pressure mounts higher for Hosting Support as they are expected to handle shared server, dedicated server, SSL, cPanel mail issues, shared hosting viruses pushing Sitelock (which hardly works), and much much more with the expectation of also selling these customers at least $300 worth of product a day to keep your job.

I had received so many calls where an individual was told the incorrect thing several times (some upwards of 10 calls) until it was up to me to bite the bullet and address the real problem. There is no pat on the back at GoDaddy for finally solving a customer's issue who has been told the wrong thing from 10 other reps (because you have either miss-trained them or because they don't want their handle time to look bad because it's a long issue). But if you sold that guy a server, they'd sound an alarm for you.

Separate sales and tech support COMPLETELY or your loyal customer base that you've built will leave you as they are getting sick and tired of being offered renewals and new hosting accounts on every call.

If you all would like to continue reading: hosting department was asked several times for mandatory overtime. To meet metrics (was 1% off availability to customers... 96% instead of 97), my manager suggested not taking my whole breaks or shortening the time spent at lunch.

The whole company left a bad taste in my mouth. I am someone who really wanted to help the customer and solve the issues they were calling in for and received multiple "Customer Service Stars" for having the highest CSS in the department, but always struggled in sales. While my counterparts who weren't afraid to sell useless product got large bonuses and standing ovations at weekly meetings. I got a quick shout-out at the end of the month and pin to place on my shirt to show how much I meant to the customers and company for what I do.

Would not. Recommend. 2 Stars only because of the company you used to be and the one I hope you turn back into some day. One that truly cares about their customers and employees.

Jun 20, 2017 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. We at Godaddy understand that our customers are micro business's. These customers are experts in their field but most of the time do not... More

"Lost much of the magic"

Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist
    Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For non college grads you can make some decent money if your willing to work hard uncovering customer needs and dealing with the fact customers rarely call for sales they want the 24/7 support they are promised. Great Health Care benefits.

Cons

Although they brag that hiring is done internally, there is little to no movement. If you think getting hired as a rep is going to lead to a career off the phone good luck with that. GoDaddy is crawling with talent that will never be properly used and will have to leave the company to find a true promotion. Huge disconnect between Senior Leadership and front line staff. Little to no control over decisions made that effect role. Rather than providing a decent base wage have to depend on bonuses, which get taxed heavily. Very little flexibility or control over shift. Life happens and sometimes you can't know two weeks out you'll need time off, but GoDaddy has little flexibility for that.

Advice to Management

Either admit that you don't care what employees think or make "brown bag" sessions an opportunity to shape decisions instead of a facade pretending decisions weren't already made. When last years bonus structures were changed management claimed months went into the planning, yet it was a complete failure, and showed no care for the feedback that could have prevented the disaster. Nobody in their right mind would want to be working here and not getting large bonuses. Ease off terming people over low sales, shows laziness and lack of understanding of the role. When very few calls are initially for sales rough months happen. If we as a company don't meet a sales goal the Senior Leadership Team isn't fired.

May 24, 2017 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

As far as internal promotion opportunities. over 90% of our leadership positions are filled by people moving up the rank. We are working to... More

"Sales Pressure You Won't Find At Similar Companies in the Valley (Endurance International Group)"

Former Employee - Customer Development (Get More Money) Team in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Development (Get More Money) Team in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good bonus plan (though very commonly cut and slashed)

Cons

Lack of Transparency and habitually peeing on your feet while telling you it's raining (bonus cuts while delivering the message you will actually be making more money)l

Advice to Management

Watch out for your competitors. A customer centric attitude will take you far as a company whereas pushing your representatives to generate more and more new revenue for each customer even though customers don't need new products won't. It's easy to say you're customer centric. Your actions and metrics you hold employees accountable to paint a completely different picture.

Apr 25, 2017 – Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Transparency is something we have worked hard to improve. Each month, we communicate the sales goals in advance and explain how they were... More