GoDaddy Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 20, 2017

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Benefits for those that use them (in 110 reviews)

• Good pay - Good benefits - Nicer offices - On-campus gyms - Subsidized Meals - External perks, ie: Travel Discounts (in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • Its a call center job for the most part (in 56 reviews)

• upper management seems less and less transparent over time (in 28 reviews)

1. "Consultant- Sales and support"

Current Employee - Consultant-Sales and Support in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Consultant-Sales and Support in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benifits and people who strive to do thier best

Cons

If you are not a salesman or is good at elling things this job is not for you.

Advice to Management

Lower the sales per month to something more realistic.

2. "Accountant"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits. Nice office.

Cons

Seemed a bit like High School.. Rewards and Promotions based on if management likes you, not accomplishments.

3. "Marketing Focused"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great mission to help small businesses

Cons

No longer focused on improving through better technology but rather through aggressive marketing and add ons to orders. Bizarre mobile strategy and separation of "mobile" and other work, versus mobile just being part of everything the company does.

Oct 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Here at GoDaddy we build, improve, and support the software and tools that impact businesses all over the world. We strive to bring the best... More

4. "Sales and technical support"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of fun, Casual dress, onsite cafeteria

Cons

Unrealistic sales metrics, high pressure

5. "The Gingerbread House"

Former Employee - Customer Sales and Support Consultant in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Sales and Support Consultant in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience started off with an incredible tour of the Tempe facility last fall (though I would never see it again).

The company was fast paced and ever evolving, the hours were okay, but the pay was great (when people were calling), you’ll also find your coworkers are amazing and there isn’t a lot of micromanagement.

Cons

Your told your supervisors care about you, but remember they started on the phones just like you, managing customers.

Your going to be forced to up-sell products that are subpar (outside of domains).

One day you might decide you want to move into another position, it took me four months just to even shadow another dept. (a prerequisite for internal positions), but your supervisors will be busy watching youtube.

Eventually you’ll catch yourself praying every 30 minutes for a decent call, during the summer that means any call (especially if your part-time).

When its all said and done, you’ll be writing a review on Glass Door calling yourself an idiot for disregarding the negative reviews.

Advice to Management

The randomness of the phone queues are destructive for part-time reps as they don’t have the same exposure to customers as full-time reps in a block period. That exposure can make all the difference between a good day and not meeting expectations. I would recommend that the part-time reps expectations be lowered during certain parts of the weekend to reflect the gross difference in exposure.

Internal recruitment needs to be streamlined and there needs to be considerably more transparency on internal transfers. I struggled financially for several months while attempting to transfer to other roles internally with more exposure.

Internal Transfers between Full-Time and Part-Time should be considered Transfers and not promotions, because its the same exact job.

"Work Life Balance"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Good Work Culture.
    Work Passionately.

Cons

Uneven payscales across departments.

"Pretending to Be Great"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a new direction within recent years, and new facilities make for an enjoyable and fun environment. The benefits are good.

Cons

The entry-level positions in customer support are a nightmare; there is a high turnover as a result. Beyond that level, positions are much more enjoyable. However, there is a recent emphasis on hiring from outside the company, so moving up is not as possible as it once was.

Advice to Management

Provide long-term education and training opportunities beyond a convoluted college reimbursement program.

Oct 8, 2017 – Director

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We are constantly monitoring our environment to maintain flexibility while clearly laying out our vision for our customers. We encourage all team members to reach... More

8. "Technical Support"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits;
    Really casual dress code;
    Subsidize food restaurant;
    Gym;

Cons

Micro management;
    They hire you saying is a tech position, where is not pressure to sell. Bu it is a sells position, and all they see is how much you sell.
    Is a call center at end of the day, so you can not use your phone, or go to the restroom at any time.

Advice to Management

should have separate departments between sells and tech support.

Oct 8, 2017 – Director

Thanks for your feedback. Our roles are fun and challenging combining both technical components and the ability to consult with our customers to help them realize their dreams!

9. "Technical Support and Sales"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Very clear policies and no nonsense

Cons

Almost too structured. Created an environment that allows very little creativity.

Oct 8, 2017 – Director

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We are constantly monitoring our environment to maintain flexibility while clearly laying out our policy guard rails. We encourage all of our team members to provide... More

10. "Has potential, but withering away"

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Leader in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Engineering Leader in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Solid potential to grow
    Lots of great employees in Phoenix area
    Benefits

Cons

Sunnyvale and Seattle expansion into engineering has killed morale and ability to execute
    No real product leadership, great ideas and poor execution all around from new engineering leaders
    New products generate no excitement or revenue
    Lots and lots of legacy apps and products that produce majority of the revenue but product leadership is entirely missing focus on this area
    Lots of talk around diversity, but has to start at the top. It's all old white men.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes, stop running after the newest and latest
    Focus on making GoDaddys culture great and not infuse the BS syndrome coming from Sunnyvale and Seattle where they jump ship for another quick $$$
    Focus on diversity at the top, lots of talent you can grow from within the company.
    Reward competence first, regardless of gender and color. Why is there no growth from within into senior leadership?
    We can grow by growing in Arizona, we have wasted enough time and resources into hiring too many senior people and no real workers in CA and WA. We need workers not tons of VPs who kill morale and remote control from some island in WA.

Aug 14, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We always want to hear from our employees.

GoDaddy is actively recruiting in Arizona and a number of other markets as it continues to expand internationally. The... More