GoDaddy Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 20, 2017

GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Benefits for those that use them (in 106 reviews)

• Good pay - Good benefits - Nicer offices - On-campus gyms - Subsidized Meals - External perks, ie: Travel Discounts (in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • Its a call center job for the most part (in 53 reviews)

• Illusion that employees that upper management actually care about customers (in 27 reviews)

1. "Technical Support"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Benefits;
    Really casual dress code;
    Subsidize food restaurant;
    Gym;

Cons

Micro management;
    They hire you saying is a tech position, where is not pressure to sell. Bu it is a sells position, and all they see is how much you sell.
    Is a call center at end of the day, so you can not use your phone, or go to the restroom at any time.

Advice to Management

should have separate departments between sells and tech support.

2. "Technical Support and Sales"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Very clear policies and no nonsense

Cons

Almost too structured. Created an environment that allows very little creativity.

3. "Has potential, but withering away"

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Leader in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Engineering Leader in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Solid potential to grow
    Lots of great employees in Phoenix area
    Benefits

Cons

Sunnyvale and Seattle expansion into engineering has killed morale and ability to execute
    No real product leadership, great ideas and poor execution all around from new engineering leaders
    New products generate no excitement or revenue
    Lots and lots of legacy apps and products that produce majority of the revenue but product leadership is entirely missing focus on this area
    Lots of talk around diversity, but has to start at the top. It's all old white men.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes, stop running after the newest and latest
    Focus on making GoDaddys culture great and not infuse the BS syndrome coming from Sunnyvale and Seattle where they jump ship for another quick $$$
    Focus on diversity at the top, lots of talent you can grow from within the company.
    Reward competence first, regardless of gender and color. Why is there no growth from within into senior leadership?
    We can grow by growing in Arizona, we have wasted enough time and resources into hiring too many senior people and no real workers in CA and WA. We need workers not tons of VPs who kill morale and remote control from some island in WA.

Aug 14, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We always want to hear from our employees.

GoDaddy is actively recruiting in Arizona and a number of other markets as it continues to expand internationally. The... More

"CDT"

Former Employee - Customer Development Representative in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Development Representative in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing opportunity to gain high level understanding of how a business can thrive on the internet and exceed its own expectations. Also a great opportunity to learn how to host a website and personal email. If you are paying close attention to the details you are offered tools to better your understanding of the various tools to build, maintain and draw attention to a website through SEO, digital marketing and content creation.

Cons

Reps are not protected from outside harassment such as irate customers who do not understand their accounts and what is required to achieve online success. This is not really a con if you are resilient and willing to turn every negative conversation into a positive and consult the customers on the tools they need to invest in to grow their business. However, if manager did a better job of protecting the reps when customer are beyond irrational such a using profanity and shouting towards the reps. This would be a great environment to work in with potential to have loyalty within the workforce. Also lower level managers tend to manipulate call -ins by sending it to their most favored reps(i.e. The ones who they hang out with on the weekends).

Advice to Management

Stop to think about the individual rep before just looking at the data. A bad mark by a customer is not always rational. If a rep is verbally abused it can take its toll over time. So consider what they are saying and let them know they are protected. Fight for your reps and you will make more money for your teams.

Aug 4, 2017 – Sr. Manager, Customer Development Team

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I can see there was some good and some areas where we need to improve based on your feedback. I know that some customer interactions can be difficult, I... More

5. "Online Marketing Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outbound Sales Representative

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome Benefits, Great Environment, Good Pay

Cons

Once they went public they screwed over top earners for their own benefit instead of appreciating us and cut our pay

Advice to Management

Appreciate your reps

Aug 4, 2017 – Sr. Manager, Customer Development Team

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback and share your experience. We are always looking for better and unique ways to appreciate our people from the big holiday party to monthly... More

6. "Sales and Support"

Pros

Nice people great culture

Cons

High pressure to sell. Take a lot of calls

Jul 31, 2017 – Customer Care Operations Director

Our people and culture enable us to make a difference in our customers' lives. Aligning the right products, appropriately, to customer need is a huge part of continuing their long-term success. In a... More

7. "dreams for potential shot"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

loved the environment and culture.

Cons

came into the excited work, learn know things, and grow professionally until they transitioned my position to their contracted company. struggled with finding a career path within Godaddy after this. Unsure of what the future held for me at that point.

Advice to Management

Whatever I say wouldn't matter. They'll do what they want in the end.

"Product value goes up, employee value goes down"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

GoDaddy offers great benefits in terms of medical/dental and growth potential. They foster life long friendships when the encourage offsite gatherings such as sports teams, community groups such as LGBTQ, paid volunteer hours and a banging holiday party! The majority of employees are very young millennials so the atmosphere is kept fun and lively. You don't dread going into work everyday. Employees get to voice their opinions about policy, processes and product in a forum that encourages discussion and opinion and employees can directly effect decisions.

Cons

Having been here for over half a decade now, I have seen many many changes and not for the better. Used to be at your 5 year anniversary they gave you cash ($1k-5k) now they give you a useless ugly sterling silver dog tag with the godaddy logo that was appraised at $2 value by sellyourgold.com. Which is a slap in the face to anyone who has stuck it out that long in an industry with such high turnover and demanding metrics. Changes like that show employees they don't matter. They have stopped training new call center agents on tech and focused on sales making it more of a common call center job with no way for the new employees to gain knowledge that will translate anywhere else. Also, they used to give new hired 6 weeks of training on the product, now they get 2 and its less on the products and more on sales. And customers notice, when the customer knows more about tech than the rep trying to sell it to them it isn't good.

Advice to Management

This industry really needs people who know their tech not just sales. knowing the products = more sales. train new hires better so they have the tools to grow and stay long term and the company will benefit! And show your older more established employees your thankful for how much they helped shape the company so far.

Jul 5, 2017 – Customer Care Operations Director

A sense of family and community is one of the foundations that we work diligently to maintain. Employee feedback is fundamental to making positive progress and working through any change... More

"Good culture but runined by too many ex-microsoft hires"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Modern technology stack at Godaddy!

Cons

There are too many hires from Microsoft at Kirkland who bring in bad culture of stack ranking and passing judgement on people. Promotions are hard to come by for engineers who do all the hard work and ship products. Honestly, we don't need managers who are not technical contributors. They contribute nothing than bringing down employee morale. It seems company is run by people who can "talk" than who can contribute in some departments in Kirkland. Test org managers are pathetic ("SDETS" or SDET "people managers"). They are now having inflated titles like "Senior Directors" or "Directors" with ZERO technical skills and ZERO github contributions. These are harmful to company's growth than Blake realizes. I used to be proud of GoDaddy's values and engineering culture and feeling increasing disheartened by some of the new management from Sunnyvale and ex-Microsoft hires. GoDaddy's culture and employees are amazing and don't need such ex-Microsoft hires to steer company. We need people with good values and good technical skills for growth.

Also, please fix the promotion system where managers talk senseless on what employees need to bring to get the next level promotion - cross team collaboration, visibility, joining forces are all the buzzwords soon tend to lose value if you're not appreciated. I used to value great work life balance and some test manager especially here and upper management are pulling GoDaddy 10 years back.

Advice to Management

Upper management should shut up and let engineers do their work.

Aug 8, 2017

Thanks for the feedback. GoDaddy is growing quickly in Kirkland and has hired from Microsoft, Amazon, Google and other employers. Engineering leaders and Human Resources spent substantial efforts to... More

10. "Hosting Support Representative"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Benefits are good, especially if you have a family.

Cons

call center- getting yelled at all day

Advice to Management

Pay out the bonuses that are promised when hiring

Jun 29, 2017 – Director, Customer Care

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.  We continue to focus on how to best help our leaders to provide effective coaching and development in an effort to equip our employees... More