GoDaddy Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Pros
  • Great benefits and opportunities to progress in your career (in 91 reviews)

• Good benefits and a variety of available shifts (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • They now have focused more on revenue from the website and less on their call center (in 46 reviews)

• Upper management has lost site of what Dr (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Top 100 Best places to work for, need I say more?"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Everything and then some of what you'd want in a company. Great leadership, great vision, dynamic, growing business model, fantastic people, and opportunity for career pathing and promotion galore!

Cons

If I could think of some, I'd put them here, I just can't. There's simply no aspect of the company that is more negative than positive.

Advice to Management

Keep rocking it out! The initiatives, the vision, the career ladder and especially the people make this place awesome and makes every day better than the last.

Nov 28, 2016 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It is our employees who help drive the future of our company. Keep the feedback coming so we can continue to make this the best place to work!

2. "Great Company, Great Benefits, Great People"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

The people are great!
    The benefits are excellent!
    The atmosphere is fun!

Cons

Sometimes there are routing issues

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employee voice, it really shows you care!

3. "Senior Product Marketing Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Autonomy and ownership of the product and marketing strategy to help the customer and grow sales.

Cons

Pressure to hit quarterly sales numbers while still doing what's right for the customer. Customer-first is what we strive for but hitting sales numbers is the ultimate metric.

5. "The vest work experience ever!"

Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Challenging Environment, Setup for Success, Values, Customer Base

Cons

Metrics are bit stressful to maintain when you go on vacation or get sick or have ridiculous high goals (Which upper-management tells you after you be written up for not meeting them in a company wide email.) I guess GoDaddy really need the 24 dollars I didn't make for them.

Advice to Management

If one month you say that the metrics from another was to high then why right people up for them?

Feb 13, 2017 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. Godaddy has become a great place to work based on the feedback we have received from our employees. Based on feedback from our employees when you ... More

6. "Sales"

Pros

Great Culture - Great Bonus pay out

Cons

Too many changes with structure

Feb 6, 2017 – Director

Thank you for the feedback. Building a great culture comes from the dedication of each employee and how they work passionately to make our customers and other employees better everyday!

7. "GoDaddy"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

sad it became a Public Company

Feb 6, 2017 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. Going public has not changed our passion or vision. We are still the same people focused company driven to help small business owners reach their ... More

8. "A great company."

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Great benefits and opportunities to progress in your career. Rewarding hiring incentives and feedback system. Six month paternity leave.

Cons

Management lacking in engagement with team. Promotions rarely given to people outside the "popular" cliques.

Advice to Management

More communication between management and team.

Feb 6, 2017 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Moving up in the company as big and diverse as GoDaddy has always been a challenge to date . It was shared with us in our annual employee survey ... More

9. "Business Advisor"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Great Benefits. Great Pay. Great Facilities.

Cons

Horrible resources & tools (Most of which is probably in the pipeline to be fixed). Too transparent (everyone knows your production & you will jump through hoops to seperate your character & your work). Things change so much that you have no choice but to do the same. I balanced all these things.. but it was stressful (There are chiropractic & counseling services available which I didn't use because I find self therapy more suitable).

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to the history of each representatives interactions within work messengers & communication platforms. Many fires would be put out way before they start & the environment would be comfortable for new comers & tenured agents. I have no other advice for management, they do extremely well.. Its everyone below management you have to be careful with.

Feb 6, 2017 – Sr. Mgr CDT

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We pride ourselves on having an incredible benefits program that not only includes great medical, dental, vision, etc., but also a focus on ... More

10. "Amazing tech start-up with great culture & opportunities to learn"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great opportunities to learn, great company culture, fun team-building perks, hardworking team members who are all happy to help & teach

Cons

not much opportunity to move up within the company

Jan 30, 2017

Thanks for your review of GoDaddy. We have worked hard in the last 2 years to creative job specific leveling guides for each of our marketing positions. There is now a clear path for growth and ... More

11. "Great Place to Work"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Company definitely makes efforts to appreciate employees. Good energy. Work/Life balance is encouraged. Work with lots of great people.

Cons

At times, there is a lack of clarity in regard to future plans (specifically how teams/products/individuals fit in to those plans). This tends to lead to anxiety for some employees. To some degree, this may be a by-product of GoDaddy being a company in which employees really enjoy being a part of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the focus on employee appreciation. Continue to seek ways to improve direct communication between the executive level and those on the front lines (especially communicating upward). This would help executive management have a clearer and more accurate picture of where the company stands; leading to improved strategic planning, improved quality, and quicker delivery of initiatives.

Feb 8, 2017 – Director

Thank you for the review. We strongly believe in the Godaddy strategy and vision to radically shift the global economy toward small business by empowering people to easily start, confidently grow and ... More