GoDaddy Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Benefits for those that use them (in 115 reviews)

• Good pay - Good benefits - Nicer offices - On-campus gyms - Subsidized Meals - External perks, ie: Travel Discounts (in 57 reviews)

Cons
  • Its a call center job for the most part (in 56 reviews)

• upper management seems less and less transparent over time (in 28 reviews)

1. "The good, the bad, and the ugly"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, great buildings, fair amount of freedom.

Cons

Sales and tech support are mixed. Upper Management can't make up their minds on how/where to set metrics.

Advice to Management

Don't penalize people for helping others when supervisors are not available.

2. "Sale and Support Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, pay, training, management, tools, amenities.

Cons

Not a clear roadmap and response/follow up on moving up or into different departments

Advice to Management

Fix my 1 con

3. "Sales and Support Consultant"

Former Employee - Sales and Support Consultant in Gilbert, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales and Support Consultant in Gilbert, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment. Facilities and amenities provided almost make you forget how bad of a place this is to work.
    The benefits offered are top notch (free for the employees, very affordable if adding family)

Cons

High sales expections leaves little room for providing customer with a useful experience when they just need product support. Consultants are expected to sell products without getting the training needed to support the products being sold.

Advice to Management

Offer continued training on all products that you offer. One of the biggest struggles was trying to keep up with the new product offerings when there was very minimal training.

4. "Technical Sales Support"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

1st shift bid has good schedules 7-4, m-f

Cons

I was hired on for the CDT (basically consultative sales) after training you have a 90 day ramp period. I crushed goals was #1 in revenue and #1 in customer satisfaction on my team. godaddy decided to randomly pick 40 some people from that department and move them to tech support. no warning. Treated like a #.

5. "A company to become and belong"

Current Employee - Director of Marketing
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always growing, always evolving - never get bored about your job
    Want to work side by side with the brightest minds in the industry? At GoDaddy you will experience that within all levels.
    An awesome leadership - our CEO, Blake Irving - enhanced the company culture allowing every employee to be our whole self's at work.
    Be meaningful - your work will create a positive impact to millions of small business owners across the globe.
    Unlimited vacations and all those perks cool tech companies use to offer.

Cons

After almost 4 years at GoDaddy I'm still trying to figure that out.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Scott has a real challenge to maintain the great company culture transformation led by Blake. I'm more than confident that he will succeed and establish GoDaddy as one of the leading voices for gender equality and women in tech advocacy.

6. "Sales and support consultant"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Hiawatha, IA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Hiawatha, IA

I worked at GoDaddy part-time

Pros

Good pay, benefits and atmosphere.

Cons

None really except parking could be difficult.

Advice to Management

Keep looking at the individual and not just numbers of workforce.

Nov 19, 2017 – Director

Thanks so much for the review! We're so happy that you seemed to enjoy your time with us! We take a lot of pride in working both on providing a great service to our customers, as well as making sure... More

7. "Long time veteran"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Fun, Everchanging environment. Customers are great, Employees are unique. Great facilities

Cons

I've not had any bad experiences in 14 years

Nov 13, 2017 – Employment Brand

First off let us stop for a second and thank you, as well as the many others that have made the ultimate sacrifice to serve their country and it's freedom. Second of all, wow 14 years! You are... More

8. "Great benefits and great platform to start a career."

Current Employee - Tech Lead in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Tech Lead in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great place to get your feet wet in the tech industry. If you can survive the phones to move up and on, there is a lot of potential within this company. Great benefits. Phone bonus can pay well if you hit your sales numbers. Fantastic social culture. Easy to get to entry level management.

Cons

Company trains you to sell, not teaching how to troubleshoot the products you support. The company spends most of its time in training preparing the agent to hit daily sales quotas. Pay is well below industry standard for tech positions. Very rare to actually get furthered training on the products supported. Internal documentation is a mess, very outdated and unmanaged system.

Advice to Management

Please do not loose the actual focus on the technology. There is a balance to offer affordable technologies without losing vision for long term objectives in cutting edge tech. Dont get too far behind the future curve.

9. "Toxic workplace where hostile work environments are tolerated and rewarded"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

No dress code, subsidized lunch, free snacks and beer.

Cons

Speaking in general terms, this is a company that is heavily in debt and lacks a cogent mission. Despite going public in 2015, the organization remains controlled by private equity and largely serves as a vehicle to extract value to enrich its venture capitalist shareholders and executives, rather than operating as an enterprise that legitimately seeks profit and market share.

Speaking in terms of my personal experience working here, this is a company that touts a dynamic culture that celebrates diversity, inclusiveness, and respect for its employees. In reality, nothing could be further from the truth. Beginning a few months into my employment, my supervisor began subjecting me to a textbook hostile work environment. As an experienced professional I had been well trained in this topic, but I had never been on the receiving end of it personally until GoDaddy. This person began the harassment with subtle comments like "where do you want to be in six months" that escalated in the following weeks into daily cycles of personal insults and disparaging comments related to my ability to "work with millenials," thinly veiled threats to terminate my employment, constantly shifting priorities, withholding of needed resources, and the arbitrary assignment of impossible tasks and project deadlines. The harassment seemed to be linked to the supervisor's plan to secure a promotion for himself/herself by a specific date. The supervisor ensured there were no witnesses to these communications, which occurred in weekly one-on-one meetings as well as impromptu "walks" in which he/she pulled me aside to walk the GoDaddy grounds outdoors or in an empty office building on the campus out of earshot.

After several months of steadily worsening treatment, I reached a breaking point at which I could no longer effectively perform my job under the impossible, demoralizing conditions this supervisor had created. I reported the situation to HR, expecting they would address it. Instead, HR conducted a sham "investigation" in which they asked me almost no questions, interviewed individuals who never witnessed anything, then summarily concluded that they "were unable to substantiate" any of my statements. HR took no action whatsoever against the supervisor, nor did they make any effort to place me under a different supervisor or department. So, I was left with no alternative but to give my notice and leave to remove myself from the situation in order to protect my health and sanity. GoDaddy subsequently rewarded the harassing supervisor with the promotion he/she had been seeking.

Advice to Management

Stop asking employees to drink the Kool-Aid when you're unable to stand by your professed corporate values yourselves. Understand the true meaning of diversity, inclusion, and respect and enforce those values throughout your organization instead of just paying them lip service.

10. "Good Experience if you starting you career"

Former Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits;
    Casual dress code;
    Nice office;

Cons

Micromanagement;
    All customer care positions are sales driving, even thought I was in a technical support position, you are expected to offer products in ever single call

Nov 19, 2017 – Director

We appreciate you taking the time to provide some feedback, and wish you the best in your next endeavor. We take a ton of pride in having consultative conversations with our customers after taking... More