GoDaddy Reviews | Glassdoor

GoDaddy Reviews

Updated July 27, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits and opportunities to progress in your career (in 105 reviews)

• great pay if you are good at sales, good benefits perks (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Its a call center job for the most part (in 53 reviews)

• Illusion that employees that upper management actually care about customers (in 28 reviews)

1. "Customer Consultation/sales"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Relaxed environment and friendly people

Cons

This is more of a Tech Support position than sales.

Jun 27, 2017 – Sr. Director Customer Care

Thanks for your feedback. Our roles are fun and challenging combining both technical components and the ability to consult with our customers to help them realize their dreams!

"Never Been Happier"

Current Employee - Hosting Sales Support in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Hosting Sales Support in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has treated my family and myself so well. I never have been so happy. The people are fun to work with, the enviorment so great... Best of all its progressive.

Cons

Its a call center job for the most part. Yeah no one call to tell you they love what you are doing.... However over all the company gives you great advice how to defuse pretty much any situation.

Jun 20, 2017 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide your insight. We really value the impact our employees have to our customers everyday. We know that the role is not always an easy one. But with the right... More

"Love this place!"

Current Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GoDaddy is such a fantastic spot to work for many reasons. The obvious, benefits and opportunity for growth, all come to mind but to be real it's a lot more than that. I'm a middle aged woman who has had her own business for the last 10 years, so coming to a full time 9-5 was a change. I'd have to say Go Daddy has challenged me in ways I didn't know I was capable of. I've learned things about technology and sales, even though that is what I've always done, that I had no idea were possible. I appreciate the unity, support and security GoDaddy gives its employees. I am beyond grateful I have this job with this amazing, in so many ways, company!

Cons

Learning tech support has been most challenging for me. Again, i grew up in a time were computers were for the corporate world and I had no need to know about them. At GoDaddy, I am challenged daily to stretch and exercise my brain in uncomfortable positions. I feel overwhelmed at times when it comes to tech issues I have to help customers with but I take making the customer experience a good one, my priority. The great thing about GoDaddy is there's so many ways to learn and get help, I get thru it. Also my peers are a Godsend, they never leave me by myself. All in all GoDaddy ROCKS!! I'm lucky and grateful!

Advice to Management

Thanks for such a great place to work!

Jun 26, 2017 – Sr. Director Customer Care

We appreciate your feedback. Your story is an incredible one and highlights the diveristy of backgrounds and experiences that make our team so special. Keep up the great work!

"Good culture but runined by too many ex-microsoft hires"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kirkland, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Modern technology stack at Godaddy!

Cons

There are too many hires from Microsoft at Kirkland who bring in bad culture of stack ranking and passing judgement on people. Promotions are hard to come by for engineers who do all the hard work and ship products. Honestly, we don't need managers who are not technical contributors. They contribute nothing than bringing down employee morale. It seems company is run by people who can "talk" than who can contribute in some departments in Kirkland. Test org managers are pathetic ("SDETS" or SDET "people managers"). They are now having inflated titles like "Senior Directors" or "Directors" with ZERO technical skills and ZERO github contributions. These are harmful to company's growth than Blake realizes. I used to be proud of GoDaddy's values and engineering culture and feeling increasing disheartened by some of the new management from Sunnyvale and ex-Microsoft hires. GoDaddy's culture and employees are amazing and don't need such ex-Microsoft hires to steer company. We need people with good values and good technical skills for growth.

Also, please fix the promotion system where managers talk senseless on what employees need to bring to get the next level promotion - cross team collaboration, visibility, joining forces are all the buzzwords soon tend to lose value if you're not appreciated. I used to value great work life balance and some test manager especially here and upper management are pulling GoDaddy 10 years back.

Advice to Management

Upper management should shut up and let engineers do their work.

5. "Hosting Support Representative"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Benefits are good, especially if you have a family.

Cons

call center- getting yelled at all day

Advice to Management

Pay out the bonuses that are promised when hiring

Jun 29, 2017 – Director, Customer Care

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review.  We continue to focus on how to best help our leaders to provide effective coaching and development in an effort to equip our employees... More

6. "Awesome place to work! Great culture! Amazing benefits! The best year end party you have ever seen in your life"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, reliable peers and management. Everyone is so willing to share ideas and how to resolve almost any problem. Every call is different, you hear different stories and ideas from our customers in regards to what they want to accomplish and YOU get to help them fulfill their dreams. Another upside: this industry has a VERY bright future and not going into recession or downsizing, year over year growth since the start

Cons

nothing really. sometimes its stressful when you run into a complex situation and something is not working for a cusotmer, however with enough practice nothing becomes too scary too handle

Advice to Management

Love it! Dont change a thing :D

Jun 26, 2017 – Sr. Director Customer Care

Thanks for your feedback. We are excited about our culture and our future . We are proud of our employees and the incredible work they do helping our customers realize their dreams everyday... More

7. "An employer that gets it right"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When they say a fun, friendly atmosphere, they aren't lying. It truly has been a blast working here over the years.

With fun activities, contests, and most of all, Management that listens to what you have to say, I can think of no other place I would want to work at.

Cons

A year ago I would not have recommended coming to work here because there were many changes being made converting us to be like every other call center out there. However, Management heard our cries for help and it has been turned around.

Advice to Management

Keep up the phenomenal work in making me actually enjoy waking up to come to work every day.

Jun 26, 2017 – Sr. Director Customer Care

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to making GoDaddy an incredible work environment for employees so they can in turn take care of our incredible customers. Thanks... More

8. "It was mostly good!"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, people and the environment!

Cons

Things have grown ...things get sacrificed...

Jun 26, 2017 – Sr. Director Customer Care

Thanks for your comments. Let us know if you have more details you would like to share on areas to improve.

"Just a call center, no longer the great organization it was..."

Former Employee - Team Leader in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Probably one of the best call center jobs in Arizona. Amazing benefits and offers advancement to the young and pretty. Locations are impressive, subsidized food is good and culture can be fun. No drug testing.

Cons

Nepotism, favoritism and highly questionable hiring practices abound. The company cannot seem to decide whether they are a financially responsible, publicly traded organization or a frat-boy mentality sales-focused call center. Promotions seem to be based on who you drink or party with over qualifications or skills. Recently started sending a LOT of jobs to foreign countries. Management seems to be managing more experienced workers out in efforts to hire cheaper and less knowledgeable friends into roles. The DNA of the company has changed drastically since going public in 2015. This is not the company it once was (read the 2016 & 2017 reviews). The call center side of the organization has had multiple leadership changes (most of them terrible) and seems to be treading water in regards to the culture and environment it once had. The pride of working at GoDaddy is gone, and it's just a sales, sales, sales call center job these days. Systems and technology are a mess. Leadership seems to be living in the past and the good workers are leaving at an alarming rate. Even the people who try to stay are having their jobs sent to the Philippines or Europe. The call centers are out of space in Arizona, so future hiring just looks to replace the smart people who leave. Limited opportunities for growth in the U.S.

Advice to Management

Find a balance between profitability and culture. Stop telling people to live the values when those values aren't a focus or even a concern. Worry less about revenue and more about the human side of the organization. When you treated your employees well, the money followed. Stop just trying to hire friends or relatives. Stop chasing the flavor of the month and just do right by people. Start hiring leaders based on WHAT they know, instead of WHO they know. Spend some money on updating the systems and actually make things better. Start listening to the climate survey responses and make some positive changes.

Jun 26, 2017 – Sr. Director Customer Care

Thank you for your feedback. There are several concerns and suggestions we are actively working on. Examples are our robust agenda responding to the GoDaddy Voice survey results and the importance... More

10. "It's...okay"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great culture, nice CEO

Cons

Pretty sexist. Even though the CEO and most upper management is focused on equality in the workplace, almost all leadership positions are held by young, white males. Middle management ignores upper management values. Single parents are pariahs, if they can't work 24/7 they can't get promoted.
    GoDaddy leadership is so sales-centric, they literally tell people to find another job if they aren't hitting top sales tiers. GoDaddy loses skilled, caring, experienced representatives every day to supervisors who tell them to quit because they don't pitch products and blind sell on every call.
    They've also made it so their representatives can NEVER have a Mon-Fri shift, because they felt it was a good move. Meanwhile, all of management works only Mon-Fri.

Advice to Management

Follow-up with your supervisors and middle management to ensure company values are trickling down properly.

Jun 26, 2017 – VP-Engagement.Inclusion

Thank you for the feedback. I appreciate the comments and I am curious to learn more. We want to promote an inclusive culture where everyone can be successful and have a great experience . I recently... More