GoDaddy Reviews | Glassdoor

GoDaddy Reviews

Updated August 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great Benefits for those that use them (in 107 reviews)

• great pay if you are good at sales, good benefits perks (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Its a call center job for the most part (in 53 reviews)

• Illusion that employees that upper management actually care about customers (in 27 reviews)

1. "Best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Editor in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Editor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing benefits + perks, employee stock options, internal emphasis on servant-leaders, flexibility to work off-site, visionary CEO

Cons

The productivity bar is set pretty high

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing -- communicating our corporate strategy and inspiring us to kill it.

Jun 19, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Over TEN years; that's awesome! We appreciate your feedback, and are stoked that you love where you work.

2. "As Close as One Can Get"

Current Employee - Security Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Security Analyst in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, fair compensation, driven environment, laid back yet successful, embraces individuality, focuses on internal development, self-aware CEO and SLT, open-minded and growth-focused. Any job I can wear shorts and a t-shirt, yet still work on impact-producing projects without discrimination is a win-win in Phoenix.

Cons

Some departments don't disseminate a roadmap with clear mile markers. Like many companies, mediocrity is somewhat institutionally accepted. While successful, the talent in this company sometimes doesn't operate at full capacity which would drive even better results.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting the current culture; this type of environment is great for innovation. Perhaps provide more incentive to push harder than the status quo, and make it more difficult for individuals to rest on laurels.

Aug 7, 2017 – Employment Brand

Thanks for leaving a response, we are always looking for a better ways to improve our culture and keep things positive for our employees. Roadmaps are difficult to navigate at times, as we have so... More

3. "Can we get bigger cubes"

Current Employee - Prod in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Prod in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love working at GDD love the people the

Cons

I constantly have customers telling me they can hear my co worker.... and I know they can bc I can hear them on my head set.... now its not bc my co-worker is loud bc they are not... its bc you have us sitting too close together.... we need bigger desk or something to sound proof our calls a bit better..... tired of my customers answering questions that my co worker is asking his customer.

Advice to Management

This makes for a bad experience... invest in new cubes or think of some way of doing some sound proof.

4. "Customer Care Representative"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They do some really fun stuff sometimes

Cons

Things change too often for my liking, and sometimes they're really loose on rules and they'll randomly tighten up. I understand wanting to have a relaxed environment, but if the rules constantly change or if different people in leadership grant different permissions, it's hard to gauge whether something is a hard set rule or just a recommendation.

Advice to Management

There's not much room for advancement and the "promotions" you offer to C3 employees are basically just other positions in C3. We want to go corporate, and even with a degree that change can be challenging.

Jun 27, 2017 – Sr. Director Customer Care

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We are constantly monitoring our environment to maintain flexibility while clearly laying out our policy guard rails. Please reach out to your leader and escalate... More

5. "There should be way more 5 star reviews here"

Current Employee - Productivity Specialist in Hiawatha, IA
    Current Employee - Productivity Specialist in Hiawatha, IA

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, respect, flexible schedules, cafeteria, the "Speak Easy" with free beer, a very clean work environment, random rewards/incentives for simply doing your job.

Cons

I didn't start working here sooner.

Advice to Management

Stop raising sales targets every month.

Jun 26, 2017 – C3 Operations Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your employment experiences and concerns, we value and appreciate your feedback. Iowa is a great facility and we definitely share your love for the speakeasy... More

6. "Simply Awesome"

Current Employee - Hosting Sales/Support in Gilbert, AZ
    Current Employee - Hosting Sales/Support in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, Training, Achievable Goals, Accountability, Freedom, Culture, Positive work environment, Unlimited income potential, Benefits, Upward mobility, Cutting edge technology, exceptional support, Extra-curricular activities, Daily giveaways, Monthly contests, free schwag constantly...

Cons

Long drive to get to work

Advice to Management

Ensure everyone has the tools necessary to do their job, I have been without access to basic tools for months now despite dozens of attempts to have general permissions re-instated, with zero results. Starting to build a resentment over this, and just wish it was resolved.

7. "Thumbs up"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture, the people, and the perks are unbeatable.

Cons

Having your team spread out amongst different time zones makes it difficult to preserve culture, and sometimes can be a blocker in getting work done.

Jun 22, 2017 – Employment Brand

Thanks for the review! While working with remote teams could be historically considered difficult, GoDaddy prides itself on the latest video conferencing, screen sharing and design/engineering tools... More

8. "Supervisor"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co workers and direct managers are committed to helping you in anyway possible

Cons

Upper management is all becoming external hires, no one is following a 90 day plan or understanding the business before trying to "prove" themselves with changes that don't make sense.

Advice to Management

Understand the business and the culture, understand what a baseline for 100% is and then optimize.

Jun 27, 2017 – Sr. Director Customer Care

Thanks for your feedback. There are new leaders onboarding who are committed to appreciating the incredible history of accomplishment in our customer care organization while sharing their extensive... More

9. "Customer Consultation/sales"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Relaxed environment and friendly people

Cons

This is more of a Tech Support position than sales.

Jun 27, 2017 – Sr. Director Customer Care

Thanks for your feedback. Our roles are fun and challenging combining both technical components and the ability to consult with our customers to help them realize their dreams!

"Love this place!"

Current Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales and Support in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GoDaddy is such a fantastic spot to work for many reasons. The obvious, benefits and opportunity for growth, all come to mind but to be real it's a lot more than that. I'm a middle aged woman who has had her own business for the last 10 years, so coming to a full time 9-5 was a change. I'd have to say Go Daddy has challenged me in ways I didn't know I was capable of. I've learned things about technology and sales, even though that is what I've always done, that I had no idea were possible. I appreciate the unity, support and security GoDaddy gives its employees. I am beyond grateful I have this job with this amazing, in so many ways, company!

Cons

Learning tech support has been most challenging for me. Again, i grew up in a time were computers were for the corporate world and I had no need to know about them. At GoDaddy, I am challenged daily to stretch and exercise my brain in uncomfortable positions. I feel overwhelmed at times when it comes to tech issues I have to help customers with but I take making the customer experience a good one, my priority. The great thing about GoDaddy is there's so many ways to learn and get help, I get thru it. Also my peers are a Godsend, they never leave me by myself. All in all GoDaddy ROCKS!! I'm lucky and grateful!

Advice to Management

Thanks for such a great place to work!

Jun 26, 2017 – Sr. Director Customer Care

We appreciate your feedback. Your story is an incredible one and highlights the diveristy of backgrounds and experiences that make our team so special. Keep up the great work!