GoDaddy Reviews in Sunnyvale, CA | Glassdoor

4.5
GoDaddy CEO Blake Irving
Blake Irving

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits and opportunities to progress in your career (in 105 reviews)

• great pay if you are good at sales, good benefits perks (in 53 reviews)

Cons
  • Its a call center job for the most part (in 53 reviews)

• Illusion that employees that upper management actually care about customers (in 28 reviews)

1. "Great Internship experience"

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at GoDaddy as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The sunnyvale office has many amenities available for you and the work environment was also very relaxed.

Cons

I didn't have any problems with my internship it was pretty fun.

2. "Best internship experience I have ever had"

Former Employee - Software Developer Intern in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Software Developer Intern in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

- easy and well guided onboarding process
    - great team, great project
    - free trip to Arizona headquarter
    - team hangout
    - casual working environment
    - great mentorship
    - pays good

Cons

- they can improve their lunch food a bit

"Passionate about helping small businesses around the world"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive culture helping you to do the best that you can. Willing to take risks. Customer first mindset in every aspect of the business - product, support, business development. Fun place to work. Leadership that is approachable and listens to employees concerns.

Cons

GoDaddy has a big market opportunity to serve small business globally to succeed online. Staying focused on that strategy and prioritizing resources requires focus - not everything can get done.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in people development and technology. Recruiting has improved significantly and now as a public company need to attract talent across the business.

"Software Engineer V"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Using the latest technologies, constantly reinventing itself to keep up with the trends in the software industry. Mostly humble, unassuming people, passionate about their work.

Cons

If you treasure the comfort of using old technologies, this place is not for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Sep 26, 2016 – Sr. Director, Productivity Development

Hi there! Thanks for the comments on GoDaddy, appreciate you taking the time to add them. I'll pass the thoughts along. Thanks again, Jason

5. "Great place"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great vision and customer passion.

Cons

Some pockets of slow execution.

Jul 3, 2017 – Employment Brand

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate your feedback! We are doing our best to adapt and iron out the pockets such as the one above. Thank you for sticking with us as we grow!

"Great atmosphere, growing fast, lots of opportunities!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, lots of work to choose from, opportunity to set directions due to the early stage of growth and yet in a well established company!

Cons

Well established company yet still setup like a startup and some teams do everything themselves while others are still waiting for help

Advice to Management

Need to bring in outside talent; too many people at senior positions who lack experience outside of godaddy and are simply coasting

"Good experience despite being in their inaugural internship program"

Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineering Intern in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at GoDaddy as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Sunnyvale office is awesome - free catered lunch, snacks and drinks for days!
    Opportunity for leadership even as an intern, and free trips to the company headquarters in Arizona to meet/hear from company execs
    Flexible team, ability to work from home, and choose your own projects/tasks

Cons

The team was a bit new to interns and what we were capable of, and it took a while (half of my internship) to really find tasks that were most appropiate to me.
    Development cycles at least in my team were fast but a bit too heavy on the planning.
    Spotty integration with the engineers themselves

Advice to Management

Take more initiative in fleshing out what an internship should look like before the intern arrives (what type of problems they should have, what sort of projects are appropriate, a timeline of tasks/bugs to get familiar with the code base). Whether the internship is well suited for a potential intern is his/her decision to make - but an undefined internship will leave too many open ends that end up not helping either side.

8. "Good for go-getters"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Pros

- People are incredibly smart and generally willing to help if you ask for it
    - Many opportunities to grow professionally by changing roles and responsibilities

Cons

- Cultural shift still in progress. For the most part, people do live out the company values and the company is taking steps to act on employee feedback, but there are pockets where that is not the case.
    - Somewhat of a "firedrill" mentality

Advice to Management

Prioritize your people. The corporate side (where I have experience) runs very lean in some places, to the extent where folks with direct reports manage by name only, and it's frustrating to try to learn and grow intelligently without guidance.

Mar 22, 2016 – Chief Product Officer

Thanks for the feedback about what we're doing well and where we can improve. I am GoDaddy's Chief Product Officer and I work in Sunnyvale. The company has shifted our focus from marketing and... More

"GoDaddy Sunnyvale - it depends"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

GoDaddy cares about it's people

Cons

Slow slow moving. The technology, the organization, the culture of meeting..

Advice to Management

Hire innovators and let them innovate.

Mar 22, 2016 – Chief Product Officer

Thanks for direct positive and negative feedback. I am GoDaddy's Chief Product Officer and I work in Sunnyvale. I agree that we care deeply about our people ... and we can always go faster. I... More

"Mid-size company with small company infrastructure and big company politics"

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and ok w/ working remote a couple of days a week as long as you deliver. Open space work environment that promotes a lot of interactions. Fun culture, or at least tries to be fun and different. Still growing so feels like there are opportunities if you can navigate the corporate ladder. Free lunches and snacks (Sunnyvale & Kirkland offices). Unlimited PTO.

Cons

Company tries hard to promote gender equality, but so far it's just on the surface. No real change in terms of female executives or senior managers, and definitely more male workers get promoted than female workers. Lots of sub-cultures depending on which team you work on or which previous companies you worked with. It's a negative, b/c too often people say "well, when we were at [fill in the blank], we did it this way". Top heavy - seems like there's a VP, SVP or EVP popping up every other week. Really? a SVP reports to an EVP? who's doing the work?

Advice to Management

Need some serious leveling, seems like people are just getting titles b/c they ask for it. Oh wait, this only happens to the male workers.