KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

GoDaddy

Engaged Employer

GoDaddy

Add a Review

GoDaddy Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Jan 19, 2021

Found 156 of over 2,159 reviews

4.1
GoDaddy CEO Aman Bhutani
Aman Bhutani
Pros
  • "Higher than average pay and bonuses and great benefits(in 157 reviews)

• "Wonderful people, fun environment, good benefits(in 81 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Most of the advice people/ upper management give is just blanket positivity(in 43 reviews)

• "This is no longer a cons section oops(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

227 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of GoDaddy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for as long as you are responsible yourself. Care for the job, your bosses will care for you.

Jan 19, 2021 - Advanced Technical Support Representative in Gilbert, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Immense support from leadership on both career and personal goals. Higher than average pay and bonuses and great benefits.

Cons

Frequent changes are made within the company so be ready to adjust

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Blurred Lines Between Job Roles

Apr 21, 2020 - Website Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great benefits -Good company culture -Subsidized lunches -On campus gyms -Free snacks (for Professional Web Service) -Retirement plans -Stock options

Cons

-Job descriptions in my specific department (PWS) seem to be intentionally vague which allows management to change them at a whim with little to no recourse. -Management seems very closed off to feedback -Call metrics feel extremely restrictive and stressful -Inability to forecast hiring needs and anticipate workload -Promotion structure is ill-defined and doesn't have a clear path

Team GoDaddy People Operations

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us. We're sorry to hear that you are feeling like your voice is not heard on your team. This is not the GoDaddy way. We're going to get this information to the appropriate departments so that we can start doing what's best to help our teams succeed.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Godaddy is great

Jan 12, 2021 - Business Analyst I in Scottsdale, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits Work Life balance is great

Cons

A little hard to move up

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Mixed emotions

Nov 29, 2019 - Social Media Advisor in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, great benefits, really great products to sell that make a difference to the business owners that buy them, they really treat their customers right and it shows in how they interact with me as a sales rep, it's a fun sales floor.

Cons

They tend to put the cart before the horse so you have to be on your toes at all times, ready for things to hit the fan at anytime, and able to roll with the punches. The culture is cut throat and at times toxic and that sucks, a lot, because it isn't supposed to be that way- maybe we should have more women in management and not let beautiful, tall 20 something year old boys make life altering decisions based on popularity instead of merit.

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Go Daddy

Nov 10, 2020 - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits great people and awesome facility.

Cons

Not the same as when Bob parsons was around. It is too corporate America now cutting the commissions and pay.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Avoid...They'll sell you hard on how great it is

Jun 24, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, you'll enjoy your coworkers, they have a lot of Employee Resource Groups

Cons

Where to start here...I think the CEO Aman has been doing a good job getting thrown into a crappy spot/situation, but there's a serious lack of transparency and communication from all of senior leadership. Middle management is just a puppet that definitely plays favorites. They promote their favorites into roles they're not ready for and continuously make excuses for them when other employees step up and challenge the status quo.

3 people found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place and Opportunity

Jan 12, 2020 - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a sales job so the pros include having a great product to sell, various forms of sales incentives, and a pretty high earning potential. It's one of those high energy environments that embodies that "work hard play hard" mentality. Yes you are expected to work hard, meet metrics and all that, but they also value work-life balance and having a good time while you work. It is possible to achieve both. We work with people in different time zones & schedules of their own so understand that if you're not able to accommodate the customer, be prepared to potentially miss out on that sale. There's always some incentive going on for sales & performance, rewarding people that put the effort in and are able to achieve results. If you are confident in your ability to sell, then this can be an incredible and very rewarding position. There are certain performance standards that must be upheld, but they aren't unreasonable and can be pretty forgiving. The people are cool, the money is good, great benefits, and the opportunity is high. We all have the same hourly rate, are given the same tools, have access to the same leads; it's up to the individual to go out and make it happen...which is something I can appreciate. As someone with a high level of education and respectable work history, the money I make here absolutely blows any other salaried position I've had or are available to me out of the water.

Cons

This job can be extremely rewarding if you are performing well, or pretty underwhelming if you aren't. But then again this is sales - you're not getting paid some luxurious fixed hourly rate no matter what you do, you are getting paid to sell a product and are compensated in direct proportion to your ability to do so. The office can be loud and full of distractions...while it doesn't bother/affect me personally, I understand that it may it not be for everyone.

Team GoDaddy People Operations

Here at GoDaddy we have a saying, "Make Your Own Way." Based on your review, you more than exemplify the qualities that make that phrase our way of life. We're happy to have you on the team and hope you stick around for a while!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great culture, great upper management in talent acquisition, AMAZING opportunities

Jan 10, 2020 - Recruiter in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits 100% paid basic medical and 50% of dependents. Commuter benefits. Discounted employee stock program, 401 k with 3.5% match Co-workers make it a fun place to work Cool new building Subsidized lunches (4 options - 2 food trucks and 2 pop up restaurants) $5 Adjustable desks (stand to sit) Noise cancelling headphones Mac or PC options provided

Cons

Free parking options for all employees. Non exempt roles use free street parking, but there is currently plenty of parking.... but Austin is growing and so is the East side.

Team GoDaddy People Operations

2 food trucks and 2 restaurants?? Maybe we need to set up shop in Austin! Thank you for sharing your experience. Glad you like the new building!

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good company-horrible customers

Sep 9, 2020 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Cedar Rapids, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, Co-workers, and culture

Cons

Horrible customers and little to no work-life balance

1 person found this review helpful

Team GoDaddy People Operations

We all understand that people can have bad days and it's no different for our customers. Especially when their businesses rely on our services/products. Thank you for working diligently to help our customers even though some of them may have been experiencing some bad days.

10. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

It’s not for everyone.

Nov 24, 2019 - Outbound Sales Representative in Gilbert, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at GoDaddy, you meet interesting people from all walks of life. Opportunity to make great money. Great benefits. You can show up to work wearing whatever you want and no one blinks.

Cons

In my department it has become harder and harder to hit your metrics every month thanks to constantly increasing goals and metrics. Constant chaos is a norm. There is no consistency or predictably in the way that things operate on a day to day basis. High turnover - after 11 months most people from my training class have jumped ship. It is not enough to be a hard worker to do well in this job - you have to be extremely aggressive and not willing to take no for an answer from customers many who are already frustrated about being called multiple times a year and being pressured to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on the spot.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 156 Reviews