GoDaddy "great benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

GoDaddy Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Nov 29, 2019

3.6
GoDaddy CEO Aman Bhutani
Aman Bhutani
Pros
Cons
  • "If you are looking to join a sales call center - no tech experience needed(in 64 reviews)

• "Can be stuck on a bad shift for long periods of time, upper management is frequently making changes without thinking them through(in 37 reviews)

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews

"Hidden gem!"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I cannot say more positive things about my time at GoDaddy so far. I am recognized for what I do well and am rewarded with opportunities to continue growing in my career here. I have found a fantastic mentor/sponsor and love the flexible work culture - including the great benefits package.

Cons

Pay package could be more competitive

Advice to Management

Promote more women into leadership positions

GoDaddy2018-09-09

"Mixed emotions"

Current Employee - Social Media Advisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company, great benefits, really great products to sell that make a difference to the business owners that buy them, they really treat their customers right and it shows in how they interact with me as a sales rep, it's a fun sales floor.

Cons

They tend to put the cart before the horse so you have to be on your toes at all times, ready for things to hit the fan at anytime, and able to roll with the punches. The culture is cut throat and at times toxic and that sucks, a lot, because it isn't supposed to be that way- maybe we should have more women in management and not let beautiful, tall 20 something year old boys make life altering decisions based on... popularity instead of merit.

Advice to Management

Right. As mentioned, more women in management and upper management is crucial and needs to be remedied immediately (currently there are 0 female senior managers on the entire sales floor). Promote and reward on merit not popularity. Cool it with the popularity contest and favoritism. Understand that just because you are a great sales rep that has really very little to do with whether they will be a good manager.... Face reality that my job is revenue and my managers job is people and start emphasizing and incentivising leadership in managers instead of prioritizing sales targets. Provide ongoing training ON THE CLOCK PLEASE. I am in phone sales, I need my lunch break for a BREAK and I hate always feeling torn between sanity & nourishment of the body & mind and developing & honing my skills and industry knowledge and improving my sales technique.

GoDaddy2019-11-29
  3. "It’s not for everyone."

Current Employee - Outbound Sales Representative in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at GoDaddy, you meet interesting people from all walks of life. Opportunity to make great money. Great benefits. You can show up to work wearing whatever you want and no one blinks.

Cons

In my department it has become harder and harder to hit your metrics every month thanks to constantly increasing goals and metrics. Constant chaos is a norm. There is no consistency or predictably in the way that things operate on a day to day basis. High turnover - after 11 months most people from my training class have jumped ship. It is not enough to be a hard worker to do well in this job - you have to be... extremely aggressive and not willing to take no for an answer from customers many who are already frustrated about being called multiple times a year and being pressured to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on the spot.

Advice to Management

Make sure you let new hires understand what will be expected of them.

GoDaddy2019-11-24
  4. "Call Center Technical Support"

Former Employee - Technical Support Representative in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, great bonus incentives.

Cons

Push to up sell is mandatory.

GoDaddy2019-11-18
  5. "Good opportunity"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits and structure of training and coaching

Cons

Leads have been worked extensively

Advice to Management

Keep getting newer fresher leads

GoDaddy2019-10-16

"Hard sales Job"

Former Employee - Sales and Support

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Great benefits a great working environment

Cons

More training needs to be provided to the sales representatives including the managers.

Advice to Management

Please provide more training to the employees including management

GoDaddy2019-06-20
  7. "Great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

GoDaddy truly cares about their employees. They bring in lunch every day, they have great benefits and a beautiful office. I have been really happy here.

Cons

None to provide at this moment

GoDaddy2019-05-28

"The golden days are over, but it's not all bad."

Current Employee - Advanced Technical Support in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great benefits, take advantage of them. -Decent pay. They certainly don't overpay you, but as long as you're doing your job you more or less earn your worth. -Upgraded facilities/some are still under construction.

Cons

-All of the best stories about the culture are pre-2015, the culture has changed. -The HR department leaves something to be desired. -Dishonest communication from the higherups (although my direct managers were usually pretty good). -It's very much a "customer is always right" company, even when it flies in the face of everything we were trained on.

Advice to Management

The higher ups need to be much more honest about the changes they implement, why, and how it's going to effect everyone. They also need to remember the workers are people, not just faceless silhouettes to do work for them.

GoDaddy2019-06-03
  9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for less than a year

Pros

Exceptional team that put me on a high stakes project from day one, while giving me the full guidance and knowledge to succeed. Great benefits, salary, and the company truly cares about you and wants you to stay.

Cons

Unrelated to the company itself, but some of the male interns had some very sexist views and remarks that made the few girls there uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

Diversity has really improved--keep going with these efforts. Maybe more encouragement from leadership and management about respecting others, in regard to the cons ^

GoDaddy2019-02-13

"Constant change"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, able to work from home

Cons

Overwhelming work load with no end in sight

Advice to Management

Focus more on building and less on cost-cutting

GoDaddy2019-02-22