KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

GoDaddy Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Jan 12, 2021

Found 43 of over 2,160 reviews

4.1
GoDaddy CEO Aman Bhutani
Aman Bhutani
Pros
  • "Higher than average pay and bonuses and great benefits(in 157 reviews)

• "Wonderful people, fun environment, good benefits(in 81 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Most of the advice people/ upper management give is just blanket positivity(in 43 reviews)

• "This is no longer a cons section oops(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

227 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of GoDaddy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

The vest work experience ever!

Feb 9, 2017 - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Gilbert, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Challenging Environment, Setup for Success, Values, Customer Base

Cons

Metrics are bit stressful to maintain when you go on vacation or get sick or have ridiculous high goals (Which upper-management tells you after you be written up for not meeting them in a company wide email.) I guess GoDaddy really need the 24 dollars I didn't make for them.

Director

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. Godaddy has become a great place to work based on the feedback we have received from our employees. Based on feedback from our employees when you are out on a paid leave (Vacation, Sick, etc.) those days will be removed from you accountable time, meaning you will not have to worry about your performance being impacted by you not being at work. Keep the feedback coming! It is feedback like this that helps us to continue to make this a great place to work.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

It feels like an oncological ward.

Apr 24, 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, even they are keeping cutting them down. An ability to solve own technical ambitions for corporate expense.

Cons

Unfortunately GoDaddy nowadays is a refuge for corporate leeches, very different from how it used to be, before the company went public. It would not be applicable to regular engineers, they are fine and in a way they are hostages of the current GoDaddy toxicity. I am taking about low, mid and upper management that are like vampires suck blood from each other, from legacy products and what is the most important: from services to customers. The business processes in current GoDaddy are not focused anymore on using better technical means to recognize/serve customers’ needs but instead they focused strictly on how to use corporate inner-play to position a specific manager or a specific group of cronies to have the best access to the corporate trough. Those people will go into any incredibly wasteful spending, any falsification of results, any unadulterated fraud, to complete sabotage of anything positive to customers unless they can personally capitalize upon it. This is a cancer that has been eating the company and any more or less senior worker in GoDaddy, who has an ability or interest to see further then own paycheck and who has own sense of professional ethics do acknowledge it.

3 people found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

High Pace High Energy Job

Jun 17, 2020 - Sales Representative in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are a consistent optimist and can handle rejection from calling people and can still push through this is a great job for you. Great commission structure if you're at least decent and incredibly great if you take feedback and implement it well this will be great for you and you can keep improving. High energy fast pace so if you're into that then this will be good for you.

Cons

It can be hard to find someone that is interested and if you can't handle the rejection that happens a lot day-to-day then it will not be a good fit. Mindset is huge and if you can't change your mindset to fit in sales it will be rough. Most of the advice people/ upper management give is just blanket positivity. "Don't let a single negative thought enter your mind" but don't elaborate on the specifics on how to protect that mindset and how to actually make efforts to stay positive.

Team GoDaddy People Operations

We hear ya! Positive thinking and attitudes are just the things to help get us through the workday. We all understand that sales jobs can be a little rough but we appreciate you standing by us and sharing your amazing words of wisdom.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Upper management is tone deaf

Jan 12, 2021 - Senior Business Analyst in Tempe, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay and benefits are decent.

Cons

The company culture is dying. Upper management seems solely interested trying to push up the stock price while systematically gutting all programs which benefit employees. Leadership hosts regular Q&A sessions, but gloss-over, dismiss, or even fully ignore any questions which are remotely critical. Turnover is getting out of control. Even highly tenured people are leaving due to frustrations that are being ignored. The message is becoming very clear that GoDaddy does not care about employees.

5. 2.0

People or profits

Nov 24, 2020 - Technical Support Agent
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun activities, and good coworkers.

Cons

New upper management doesn't seem to care much for low-level employees. layoffs made even though company was making highest profit ever

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Used to be a great place to work

Oct 3, 2019 - Supervisor in Cedar Rapids, IA
      Business Outlook

Pros

When I first started Go Daddy over 8 years ago it was a great company ran by Bob Parson. He knowing paid employees more because he wanted happy, helpful people answering the phone. He knew this would lead to a great customer interaction and produce a loyal customer base. He was right.

Cons

That was 8 years ago. Go Daddy is now on it's 4th CEO in that timeframe. Their new corporate mindset is only on profitability and no longer the people that made it a great company. Sales goals have gone up every year while the bonuses continue to be reduced. Sales calls are now purposely routed to agents without sales goals, that do not work on commission. The majority of employees do have sales goals and struggle to hit them now. If you fail to reach your goal 2 months in a row, you will be fired. The majority of tenured employees are now gone as a direct result. Upper management is disconnected and manages only by numbers they control through the calls they route. See for yourself and give their number a call as a customer. You will see the difference.

7. 4.0

This was a decent job

Sep 15, 2020 - Platform Specialist I in Austin, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

good culture, good management, welcoming coworkers

Cons

poor upper management, they could have handled layoffs better

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Benefits, Lacks great leaders..

Dec 30, 2019 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

The benefits are great from health, vision, & dental to daycare.

Cons

Upper management is riddled with people who fail to make critical decisions out right stalling progress at the company. I have never seen people with so much ability get absolutely nothing done in 3 years and get praised for it.

Team GoDaddy People Operations

While we're happy that you're loving the benefits, want to let you know that this year will be filled with a lot of changes that we know will improve your experience. Thank you for sticking with us through our growing pains.

9. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Going downhill for employees fast!

Jul 21, 2019 - Fos Chat in Tempe, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, good vacation policy, Was great for a few years which is why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1.

Cons

Constantly changing pay structure, departments, vacation and other benefits. In 5 years at Godaddy every change and announcement was at the employees expense. Micro management increasing and bonuses decreasing. ZERO transparency, upper management will lie and mislead you. Every rumor you hear about a pay decrease or department being moved overseas will come true. Management will say your job is not in jeopardy and 3 months later move the entire department overseas for cheaper labor. Sales is the only thing that matter. People will call in solely for tech support and if you do not follow a script and offer products on every call you will fail your call reviews.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0

Jul 30, 2019 - Supervisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ability to make a good income, can career path into a Supervisor position to gain management experience relatively quickly.

Cons

Can be stuck on a bad shift for long periods of time, upper management is frequently making changes without thinking them through. Supervisors are forced to micromanage more than most would like.

Team GoDaddy People Operations

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're glad to hear our efforts to create more fluid career pathing is being noticed.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Reviews