GoDaddy "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

GoDaddy Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Oct 3, 2019

3.6
GoDaddy CEO Aman Bhutani
Aman Bhutani
Pros
Cons
  • "If you are looking to join a sales call center - no tech experience needed(in 64 reviews)

• "Can be stuck on a bad shift for long periods of time, upper management is frequently making changes without thinking them through(in 37 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "The vest work experience ever!"

Current Employee - Internet Sales and Service Consultant in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, Pay, Challenging Environment, Setup for Success, Values, Customer Base

Cons

Metrics are bit stressful to maintain when you go on vacation or get sick or have ridiculous high goals (Which upper-management tells you after you be written up for not meeting them in a company wide email.) I guess GoDaddy really need the 24 dollars I didn't make for them.

Advice to Management

If one month you say that the metrics from another was to high then why right people up for them?

GoDaddy2017-02-09

"Used to be a great place to work"

Former Employee - Supervisor in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

When I first started Go Daddy over 8 years ago it was a great company ran by Bob Parson. He knowing paid employees more because he wanted happy, helpful people answering the phone. He knew this would lead to a great customer interaction and produce a loyal customer base. He was right.

Cons

That was 8 years ago. Go Daddy is now on it's 4th CEO in that timeframe. Their new corporate mindset is only on profitability and no longer the people that made it a great company. Sales goals have gone up every year while the bonuses continue to be reduced. Sales calls are now purposely routed to agents without sales goals, that do not work on commission. The majority of employees do have sales goals and... struggle to hit them now. If you fail to reach your goal 2 months in a row, you will be fired. The majority of tenured employees are now gone as a direct result. Upper management is disconnected and manages only by numbers they control through the calls they route. See for yourself and give their number a call as a customer. You will see the difference.

Advice to Management

Go back to what made it a great company. The culture, pay and job security. The route being taken is obviously not working. The numbers tell the story as the stock prices continue to fall along with the NPR score.

GoDaddy2019-10-04

"GoDaddy"

Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Ability to make a good income, can career path into a Supervisor position to gain management experience relatively quickly.

Cons

Can be stuck on a bad shift for long periods of time, upper management is frequently making changes without thinking them through. Supervisors are forced to micromanage more than most would like.

GoDaddy2019-07-30

"Going downhill for employees fast!"

Former Employee - Fos Chat in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, good vacation policy, Was great for a few years which is why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1.

Cons

Constantly changing pay structure, departments, vacation and other benefits. In 5 years at Godaddy every change and announcement was at the employees expense. Micro management increasing and bonuses decreasing. ZERO transparency, upper management will lie and mislead you. Every rumor you hear about a pay decrease or department being moved overseas will come true. Management will say your job is not in jeopardy and... 3 months later move the entire department overseas for cheaper labor. Sales is the only thing that matter. People will call in solely for tech support and if you do not follow a script and offer products on every call you will fail your call reviews.

Advice to Management

None it is too late

GoDaddy2019-07-22

"Great if you work hard for years. Screw over many customers. You might be able to keep you job..."

Former Employee - Productivity Technical Support Specialist in Hiawatha, IA

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Holiday Party THAT IS ALLLLLLLL.......

Cons

I worked for Godaddy for 4 years, No Happy anniversary, no way to go, instead they fired me after four years & 1 week. I was so excited to finally have my vacation time double after putting up with there Bull Sh*t for years it's finally going to pay off, WRONG..... Ok real truth, over the years their pay scale has dwindled to a trickle. Their commission Scale, a joke YES Commission, not bonus scale. Commission... scales almost always over forecasted then they reel it back the next month when they realized they made a mistake. Don't worry about the people that did not hit their ridiculous minimums. They write you up on performance issues and fire you. All, because of management's mistakes. THIS IS NO LONGER A TECH SUPPORT SERVICE!!! THEY ARE SALES, REPEAT SALES COMPANY. They push out products with severe flaws they de-educate or dumb down their customers. This customer may have an actually good product they are using and are told it's obsolete and force them to an unproven, bug filled, cookie cutter product that doesn't even replace what they had. Result now new site makes you no money and you lose any SEO your site ever accrued. This only costs you business, TIME, money & this will be pushed on you every time you call in for help to a simple fix. They knew about severe bugs and continued to sell it for years. Keep in mind this was no small bug if you had an online store and your customer orders and the inventory didn't update so now your selling the same ONE -OF A-KIND product 10 times before you realize what's going on. Then you get to go into Customer recovery mode apologizing, refunding money, avoiding building bad reviews all because they want to make a 3000% profit on a bad product for their shareholders. Majority of the new hires are barely high school educated with zero technical support. Let alone no experience running a successful business, internet marketing, SEO Results. BY THE WAY, THEIR CREDO IS FAKE IT UNTIL YOU MAKE IT in training this can take 6 months!!! I don't want anyone recommending problems for my business because they can't properly train and or keep good agents. Let alone they are de-educate you or dumben you down. Now you have paid the price of ignorance and starting all over again for no reason just so they can get a few pennies in commission. All you're trying to do is succeed. When you call them they have been trained to fake their lack of knowledge, skills, and abilities as long as they do it with confidence How about after two years developing Carpal Tunnel Issues. Then company including upper management and Inhuman resources ignore the fact you injured push it off. All of their attendance and workman's compensation or leave processing is done by third parties that cant return a call or email. They lie to you tell what to expect then deny a well-qualified absence documented by Doctors. In return can cost you your job. Not to mention the last two years of my career at Godaddy I was transferred to a brand new department promised a 25% increase in pay. Every 3 months VP of Sales and support would come down give some lame speech how they are working on a budget and can't afford what they promised for over two years. So please tell me how good GODADDY EMPLOYMENT REALLY IS.

Advice to Management

Invest in a REAL HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT and don't outsource. Also, look really hard at your current middle and lower management staff because half of them don't know anything about tech. Also, look over your policies and give your current employees and customer a little Lubrication before you stick it to them. At least that would be a little humane.

GoDaddy2019-02-16
  6. "Was there 5 years. Lots of jobs overseas now."

Former Employee - Tech Support in Chandler, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pays well if you are selling. You learn many things that help in life. Benefits and perks are good too.

Cons

Most “promotions” are just called the to make the employee feel good, in reality it’s just a lateral move. I saw many people get jobs as managers they didn’t deserve. I saw people that were way more qualified than their counterparts yet someone else with 0 knowledge would get the job. This shows friendship in the workplace goes a lot further than merit. During OVERSEAS to: Mexico, Colombia, Philippines, Ireland,... Bulgaria. Some people were selected without interviews and got sent there. The people that got sent were always good friends with the managers but did not have much to teach. If you call GoDaddy and notice how bad the quality has gone down it is because they can’t train anybody. The people in those positions are below par, very friendly with upper management tho. They don’t really care about the customer. I always sold really good, but without the need of lying. Many people there just lie to get sales, then someone else has to fix it. I wouldn’t be a customer of GoDaddy at all. Not if I had to call them anyway.

Advice to Management

Promote people that deserve it. Not your friend, or the girl that you think is cute.

GoDaddy2018-09-30

"Headed In The Wrong Direction"

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great facilities, coworkers become like family, full time employees get great benefits: 401k matching, amazing insurance.

Cons

Upper management doesn't care about employees, anonymous surveys are ignored when asked "what could we do better?". Anyone above a direct supervisor (with the excepting of a small few) does not have their employees best interests at heart. The place is not run with transparency, though management says it is. Some employees started having to record meetings on their phones because management flip-flopped so much and... would deny making certain promises/remarks.

Advice to Management

When your agents tell you something within the company is broken, fix it. The turnover from 2016-2018 was for a reason.

GoDaddy2018-04-15

"Don’t let the ping pong tables fool you."

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time

Pros

Decent salary and vacation time.

Cons

Being around for 20 years, this still feels like a startup in the sense that processes still haven’t been figured out yet. They do a good job of rewarding the employees who have been around for a while, and completely ignoring new employees and innovative ideas. Unless you went to high school with upper management, or your kids are currently in the same classes with theirs, don’t expect any loyalty from their end.... Also, don’t let the ping pong tables or PR releases fool you. This is a very conservative atmosphere and certainly doesn’t have a team-player mentality. I’ve heard from countless employees that the office is “toxic” and “be sure to look out for yourself because no one else will.”

Advice to Management

Trust yourself in your initial decision of hiring employees. By micromanaging, you’re clearly showing you don’t have confidence in your own choices. If you let employees do what they’re hired to do, the work will speak for itself.

GoDaddy2018-03-19

"Rapidly declining, 99% sales focused."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at GoDaddy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-top notch pay/benefits for the industry in this area -$2 meals -amicable time off -2 free beers a day in a speakeasy

Cons

This is a sales job. As echoed by many on these reviews, it does not matter where your survey scores are, as long as you're above minimum. The employer replies insist that it's a consultation job, both sales and tech support, but the calls are all determined by a "queue" system (in this company, you're skilled to take certain calls, excel in one field like css and first call resolution, and you're skilled for and... take more tech calls, make big orders or have a high conversion and you're skilled for sales calls.) If you don't sell a customer a product, you didn't help them. It's as simple as that. "If you have to downgrade something, why didn't you convert them on something else to make up the deficit in profit?!?" Is what the sentiment really boils down to. This job is literally all about gaining the trust of the prospect, and then using that trust to make a recommendation and then sell it. This leads to harder calls for some, and lap sales for others. I've yet to determine whether it's supervisors who manage this system, or managers/upper management that determine this, but I do know it exists. I've experienced many examples of taking calls before others based on the queue boards we have available that show us how long we've all been waiting between calls, and when this happens they're predominantly tech calls. They've started rapidly expanding non-us support, having agents in manila, philippines start taking calls/chats with customers. This, coupled with ever increasing sales goals makes me wonder if they're trying to force US support out aside from the top sellers in an effort to avoid having to provide severance packages to US employees. To be more specific on sales goals, we moved to an all new sales target model in q3 of last year. your goals are all based off of new products you sell, and these goals have consistently gone up to between $50-$100 per day, per month, with the official reply being "we're still testing the waters to see how customer care can handle it." Upper management doesn't care that this is affecting how much we make (bonus is based off tiers, higher goals = harder to make more) and they especially don't care that it may determine who does or does not keep their job. Regarding poor performance; because of lofty sales goals, somebody in upper management had the genius idea to come out with a coaching plan called "be extraordinary." So aside from hitting our minimum metrics, if we consistently perform/score low on certain aspects of our job, we may get written up because we're ***at risk*** of missing our minimum numbers and may get written up for missing minimums. Yeah, that makes sense. They provide a user voice forum to take suggestions from the general employee population, but lately we've just been told no time and time again. There was recently a suggestion fueled by 3000 votes (a person can place up to 3 votes per topic) to bring back bi-weekly bonus payouts, we were given positive delayed responses for about 5 months, and then ultimately told no. Through numerous brown bag sessions this has been brought up, and at the last one we were told to stop asking about it or else everybody would be moved to salary with no commission/bonus. Since that 3000 vote, there have been several other posts about moving back to bi-weekly bonus, but they've all been shot down. In terms of employee wants, Godaddy seems to operate on a give/take basis. They may give us something that we request and vote for, but then they'll take something away, and then take something else away or change something negatively that'll impact the customer care population. With the combination of changing to a monthly bonus payout, and additional tinkering of phone queue's, I literally took a paycut of $15,000 a year. They don't want to move back to bi-weekly bonuses because it means they'll have to pay out more both to accounting and us, it'll be easier to tier higher and make more with lucky sales, and they'll have less control over how much we make because tinkering with sales goals won't affect bonuses as much as it does with the monthly model. Lastly, advancement is a frustrating grind. I don't want touch too much on this to protect my anonymity, but in the multiple years I've been here, I've havent moved up at all and I've tried at nearly every opportunity I've been qualified for.

Advice to Management

I get that this is a public company now, but the sentiment of employee>customer>profit has turned into investor>(employee>customer>profit) and this is demolishing the culture we have. I got hired on at a unique and interesting time, as I got to experience the decline of working here, and it's super sad. Had I written this review during my first year, I would have rated easily 100/5 stars on everything, and probably... would have written two or three times as much here about how jaw droppingly amazing it was (AND THAT WAS BEFORE WE HAD FREE BEER HERE.) Just listen to us more, please. Don't give us excuses, we were trained to be really freaking smart, so we can pick up on the bull. You're going to end up alienating your bottom line, and that's going to hurt everybody, including you.

GoDaddy2018-01-31

"The good, the bad, and the ugly"

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Tempe, AZ

I worked at GoDaddy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun environment, great buildings, fair amount of freedom.

Cons

Sales and tech support are mixed. Upper Management can't make up their minds on how/where to set metrics.

Advice to Management

Don't penalize people for helping others when supervisors are not available.

GoDaddy2017-11-20