KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

GoDaddy

Engaged Employer

GoDaddy

Add a Review

GoDaddy Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 17, 2021

Found 129 of over 2,194 reviews

4.1
GoDaddy CEO Aman Bhutani
Aman Bhutani
Pros
  • "Comp package was competitive with great benefits(in 177 reviews)

• "Always focus on work-life balance(in 102 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper management can be slow moving(in 49 reviews)

• "Received an email at 6am that we no longer are have jobs(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

313 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of GoDaddy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great workplace!

Nov 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and great benefits! Always focus on work-life balance.

Cons

Can't say many cons haven't experienced any.

2. 4.0

Front End Developer for Search Domains Experience

Nov 7, 2021 - Senior Front End Developer in Sunnyvale, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love that things move fast w.r.t decision making and employees feel empowered to taking good risks and prototyping ideas into realities. Everyone is nice and no barriers w.r.t talking to your VP/CEO regarding issues/concerns. Great work life balance.

Cons

Promotions happen slowly as compared to other companies. They should also work on increasing base pay for all promotions or incoming new hires.

2 people found this review helpful

GoDaddy Response

Team GoDaddy People Operations

Thanks for sharing your feedback as part of our engineering team. We're definitely lucky to have a CEO who's accessible to everyone at the company. Our entire leadership team genuinely wants to interact and get to know our employees. Regarding promotions, don't hesitate to work with your manager about your professional goals and create a plan on how to get there while working here at GoDaddy. A plan can help the both of you keep track of areas to gain experience in and your progress towards a promotion.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Big mission, strong people, and lots of building

Nov 9, 2021 - Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Championing small business * Company where individuals can have huge impact on initiatives and direction if you're motivated. * Leadership values people and work/ life balance

Cons

* There are times where it can feel like there are too many competing priorities to achieve the vision.

GoDaddy Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. At GoDaddy, we encourage all teammates to bring their true selves to work and encourage provide honest feedback that will help us grow as a company. We value and consider all feedback as having your feedback will help us continue to evaluate and improve the #GoDaddyLife, and help you propel your career.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A Great Adventure

Oct 6, 2021 - Sales Supervisor in Gilbert, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great culture - Full of opportunities - Autonomy and innovation - Great for developing crucial management skills, especially time management - Benes & Perks - contests, holiday party, etc.

Cons

- Office politics - Cutthroat sales expectations - Poor work/life balance

5. 5.0

Awesome Company

Sep 1, 2021 - Human Resources
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Growth opportunities- GoDaddy is growing which means more internal movement and positions opening up - The people- I have always felt comfortable being myself at work and have made genuine friends at work - Benefits, Work/life balance & WFH with COVID - Diversity is important

Cons

None that I can think of

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Join GoDaddy if you are looking to learn, grow and develop

Sep 1, 2021 - Senior Manager, Risk in Santa Clara, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Although GoDaddy features among Fortune 1000 company has the startup spirit You can find one of the nicest and caring people Senior management will go long way to ensure newbies get aclimatize with the role Good work life balance

Cons

None I have observed till date

Continue reading
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee

GoDaddy is a great company!

Sep 1, 2021 - PR Manager in Tempe, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

GoDaddy is truly a great company to work for. The leadership team is committed to creating a culture that is open and collaborative for the betterment of employees and our customers. In the last year, GoDaddy has worked tirelessly to make working from home for its employees around the world as easy as possible. Teams are empowered to find a work life balance that suits their needs, especially during COVID, and we respect each others time. Our customers, the everyday entrepreneurs, are the top priority and it shows in everything we do, from the top down. Employees at GoDaddy really do want the very best experience for all of our customers and are supported to make decisions in their best interest. I cannot speak more highly of this amazing company!

Cons

No cons, it's a great company that strives to improve everyday.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great company but needs to promote internals over externals first

Sep 14, 2021 - Human Resources Coordinator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Alot of great perks and great people

Cons

Promoting within is only for those who are in with management, promotes externals over internals who work hard and beyond. What was put on our team was a ridiculous amount of work and leaves no work life balance for anyone. Just stress

Continue reading
    9. 5.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great culture!

Aug 30, 2021 - Talent Acquisition/Senior Technical Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company has a great culture, great work-life balance and is very team-oriented. Even though working remotely, everyone stays well connected.

Cons

Normal growing pains within the organization.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Incredible team!

Aug 30, 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really tight-knit team which is incredible supportive and encourages a strong work-life balance

Cons

Some organizational aspects aren't ideal, but not a huge downside. Seen much worse, really only con

Viewing 1 - 10 of 129 Reviews