GoJet Airlines Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Hulas Kanodia

Pros
  • Flight benefits are great, and work with some amazing people (in 19 reviews)

• One of the best things about being a flight attendant was that no two days were the same (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • They keep firing the Flight Attendants who get involved with planning the union we so desperately need since they don't want the union (in 21 reviews)

• There is no job security here, they run a company based on fear for the flight attendants (in 8 reviews)

1. "Flight attendant"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Denver, CO

I have been working at GoJet Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a great company to start in the industry. Training was very intense but I'm glad it was that way. I feel very confident doing my job!

Cons

Probation time is to long. I would like if it was only 6 months like most of the other competitors. Also, all travel benefits like IDTravel kicks at 6 months period.

2. "If there is a good review on here its from management!!"

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at GoJet Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flight Benefits, Days off, and Fun crews

Cons

Management, Zero Job Security, Greedy Leaders, Poor scheduling Department, Fear tactics, awful director of inflight services, Leaders have no experience in running an airline.

Advice to Management

Stop using fear to control the flight attendants and stop unreasonable termination. Instead of staling the contract negotiations how about you cooperate and build a decent airline from that contract. If you cant treat your employees fairly, with respect, and like humans then maybe there should be a complete management overhaul starting with the Director of inflight services.

"Okay place to get some 121 experience to work your way up to a major airline."

Current Employee - Flight Dispatcher in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Flight Dispatcher in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at GoJet Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the dispatchers make an awesome team to work with. Plus, since it's such a small airline, you get to know everyone in the SOC pretty well including maintenance and crew scheduling which makes for a fun work environment. Full travel benefits on both Delta and United for me and my family are perfect as well as the ability to trade days on/off with other dispatchers allow a lot of long stretches of time to travel. Also, you move up the seniority list very quickly you'll get to have your pick of schedules likely within a few months.

Cons

Turnover is high which leads to short staffing and unrealistic expectations of how many flights one person can handle in a day. Training is a joke and it's clear the instructors don't care about what they're actually teaching. The safety culture that one would expect in aviation is severely lacking with many of the managers who have no long term vision and are simply interested in making their flight completion rate 100%. Beyond flight benefits and decent pay for a regional, all other benefits are poor or non-existent.

Advice to Management

Start offering better pay/benefits as well as promoting a much stronger safety culture. Actually try to motivate employees to do well starting with taking your own job more seriously. Also, make the interview process more challenging in order to hire the right people who really want the job and will be an asset to the company. The fact that everyone who's left in the last year has made lateral moves to other regionals (as opposed to majors) should be a clue that you're doing a lot of things wrong.

"Total Nightmare"

Former Employee - Captain in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Captain in Chicago, IL

I worked at GoJet Airlines full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You get to fly a plane and call yourself an airline pilot/captain.

Cons

Management is unsupportive and uses fear to keep employees subservient. Payroll is incredibly inept. After 10 years of service with no safety incidents or training failures I was asked to resign or be fired. I can only guess it was because I was moving up in the pay scale. This is an absolutely abhorrent part 121 flight operation and aviation will become a better place once GoJet has been removed from the aviation landscape.

Advice to Management

Support you pilots. Try to lead by example and act professional rather than just yell and use obscenities. Value your employees and stop treating educated and dedicated professionals as human garbage.

"Flight Attendants are treated poorly."

I worked at GoJet Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flight benefits, co-workers were amazing, the job itself was fun

Cons

Literally until you stepped onto the plane, and the minute you left, you were swept up into politics of a business. You had zero job security and you are constantly wondering, is today the day I'm going to be let go. They treat their Flight Attendants like they were replaceable. They keep firing the Flight Attendants who get involved with planning the union we so desperately need since they don't want the union. They hire a good majority of the people that interview to replace the people who run away as fast as they can to a better company and the people they let go so they get a tax break. I was let go for no reason and when I asked for one they said they couldn't give me one. I went to a travel school and I knew what I was getting myself into. I was never late, had good passenger reviews, never had any passenger complaints, and I was still disposable. Please do not work for this company.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. The time I spent there was more stressful than anything else I have ever experienced, and it wasn't even because of the job. It was because I had a target over my head constantly worried about losing my job, since I saw so many others get let go without a reason. Train your scheduling team to know what they were doing so I wouldn't get home at 4am and get called out at 9am for a 2 hour call out for another trip.

7. "flight attendant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at GoJet Airlines full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Gojet is a very close knit group and the starting pay is not too bad for a regional

Cons

Schedules could be built a little better

"DO NOT WORK HERE"

I worked at GoJet Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about being a flight attendant was that no two days were the same. The co workers were great, and it was easy to get hired.

Cons

Literally everything else was horrid. Scheduling was a nightmare there was one time I got home at 4 am and was called at 9am for a two hour call out for another trip. I was exhausted and was barely legal. Management sucks. You are on probation for an entire year where they can and will fire you for no reason. My friends were let go, I was let go even though I had a stack of compliments from passengers sent into the company. I went to school to be a flight attendant and was at the top of my class both in school and in training. I was let go one day and not even given a reason why. They pull you in with friendly and nice words, but if you value being respected and job security do yourself a favor and stay away. Far far away.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like they matter. Stop firing any flight attendant who tries to take charge of the union negotiations. It was voted in ages ago, and a union was needed. You treat your flight attendants horribly and you are preventing a uniom going into affect because it would mean you would be held accountable for treating your employees better. You have so many lawsuits against you and I wish I had only listened to myself and gone with a different company.

"Homophobic"

I worked at GoJet Airlines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, unless you love broken dreams by mean nasty ignorant people.

Cons

As a gay person who has worked in many different situations and environments, I have never in my life experienced such openly hostile hatred to gays like I did at GoJet. I thought that an airline would be the ONE environment where I could be open. I was totally wrong. The pilots in particular have a culture of homophobia and contempt for male FAs, and they wield tremendous influence in the company's overall culture. Gay jokes were made even during training. I was shocked and disgusted. I was treated with open disdain the entire time, and wondered why they had bothered to hire me if they hate gay male FAs. One female student admitted being a lesbian during class, and for no reason she was let go 2 days later. Management claimed she was insubordinate during class. What a disgusting company. I don't know what else to say. I endured the experience for 4 months as an FA before being fired like 90% of us. Not a single person from my class lasted more than 1 year. No matter how badly you wish to be an FA, don't start with this nasty unprofessional airline. You will regret it.

Advice to Management

Stop worshiping Satan and ask for penance.

"Short overview"

I have been working at GoJet Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flight benefits are great, and work with some amazing people.

Cons

Pay isn't the greatest. Some people in management go on a power trip.

"Don't work for No GoJet"

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at GoJet Airlines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

90% of the crews are fantastic!

Cons

Inflight management is awful to the FAs. Create an atmosphere of run and tell or hope and pray that you don't get on their radar.

Advice to Management

Get rid of everyone and start over!