Cover image for GoPro

GoPro Founder & CEO Nicholas Woodman
Nicholas Woodman

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of GoPro and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Best Place to Work !!

Aug 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedules Unlimited Paid Time Off on top of plenty holidays throughout the year

Cons

slightly below the market salaries

Recruiting Operations Program Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience working at GoPro. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your tenure and our flexible work approach! If you have any additional feedback you'd like to share, please feel free to email us at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com.

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Fun for a PM

Oct 11, 2022 - Product Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun product, get a new camera every year. Stress-free environment.

Cons

The company is mostly just the CEO's hobby.

Recruiting Operations Program Manager

Hi there! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience working at GoPro, and would like to thank you for your years of contribution. We're happy to know you enjoyed your time at GoPro. Any additional feedback is welcome at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com.

3. Join the GoPro team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great company

Sep 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good projects for the most part, working with talented people, flexibility, growth opportunities

Cons

Politics, no long term vision: a shame with the amount of talents

Continue reading
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Work Culture!

Aug 4, 2022 - Senior Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm on my 4th month here at GoPro and I can genuinely say the culture here is the best I've worked in. GoPro is very inclusive, promotes a healthy/active lifestyle, work/life balance and the benefits and perks are amazing. I have no regrets in joining GoPro and look forward to many years here.

Cons

None coming to mind so far.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee

great

Aug 4, 2022 - Software QA Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I liked the company a lot

Cons

I did not have any bad memories

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great environment

Jul 15, 2022 - System Test Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome team, great work/life balance

Cons

Dont have much in the way of cons

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Top Notch Employer

Jun 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance with great employee culture

Cons

Industry with very high expectations to deliver

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, but not-so-great vision

Jun 29, 2022 - Customer Service Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture is very laid back - People are awesome - Promote a work hard, play hard environment

Cons

- Upper management quite disconnected from their teams. They'll take time to hear feedback, but nothing is really done about it. - Certain positions are WELL underpaid - Not in the most ideal part of San Mateo. Not close to anything convenient

Continue reading
  10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not the most accepting workplace

May 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The products are great, most people are passionate about the work they do, benefits are pretty good (besides the lack of 401k matching), work-life balance is great.

Cons

Ironically they put a lot of time and effort in DEIB yet this is the only company I've been made fun of because of my accent. Some teams and employees are judgmental and you'll have a hard time being accepted unless you share the same background as them. I've had people joke about my accent to my face and I've had a director level manager interrupt me in a meeting to make a joke about the way I talk, following it with an imitation of my speech.

5 people found this review helpful

Recruiting Operations Program Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and for bringing this to our attention. We are truly disappointed to learn of this situation, as this is unacceptable behavior and it goes against GoPro’s values and Code of Conduct. We strive to ensure everyone at GoPro feels empowered to show up authentically and can thrive doing so. We do not tolerate any forms of microaggressions or harassment based on race or ethnicity. Please email us at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com, connect with your People Business Partner, or provide anonymous feedback in our employee feedback platform, as we want to appropriately address and resolve this.

11. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great engineering team

May 17, 2022 - Technical Program Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many hard working and determined engineers. Lots of innovative ideas for future projects.

Cons

Not enough resources to follow thru. Executive management seemed to be on their own agenda.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 355 Reviews
</>Embed

GoPro Reviews FAQs

GoPro has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5, based on over 440 reviews left anonymously by employees. 87% of employees would recommend working at GoPro to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, GoPro employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at GoPro. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

87% of GoPro employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated GoPro 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at GoPro to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be career development, senior leadership, management.

Popular Careers with GoPro Job Seekers