KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

GoPro Employee Reviews about "people"

Updated Aug 8, 2022

GoPro Founder & CEO Nicholas Woodman
Nicholas Woodman

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of GoPro and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Amazing Work Culture!

Aug 4, 2022 - Senior Recruiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm on my 4th month here at GoPro and I can genuinely say the culture here is the best I've worked in. GoPro is very inclusive, promotes a healthy/active lifestyle, work/life balance and the benefits and perks are amazing. I have no regrets in joining GoPro and look forward to many years here.

Cons

None coming to mind so far.

2. 4.0

great

Aug 4, 2022 - Software QA Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I liked the company a lot

Cons

I did not have any bad memories

3. 5.0

Great environment

Jul 15, 2022 - System Test Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome team, great work/life balance

Cons

Dont have much in the way of cons

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Top Notch Employer

Jun 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance with great employee culture

Cons

Industry with very high expectations to deliver

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, but not-so-great vision

Jun 29, 2022 - Customer Service Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Culture is very laid back - People are awesome - Promote a work hard, play hard environment

Cons

- Upper management quite disconnected from their teams. They'll take time to hear feedback, but nothing is really done about it. - Certain positions are WELL underpaid - Not in the most ideal part of San Mateo. Not close to anything convenient

Continue reading
  6. 4.0

Great engineering team

May 17, 2022 - Technical Program Manager in San Mateo, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many hard working and determined engineers. Lots of innovative ideas for future projects.

Cons

Not enough resources to follow thru. Executive management seemed to be on their own agenda.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not the most accepting workplace

May 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The products are great, most people are passionate about the work they do, benefits are pretty good (besides the lack of 401k matching), work-life balance is great.

Cons

Ironically they put a lot of time and effort in DEIB yet this is the only company I've been made fun of because of my accent. Some teams and employees are judgmental and you'll have a hard time being accepted unless you share the same background as them. I've had people joke about my accent to my face and I've had a director level manager interrupt me in a meeting to make a joke about the way I talk, following it with an imitation of my speech.

3 people found this review helpful

GoPro Response

Recruiting Operations Program Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and for bringing this to our attention. We are truly disappointed to learn of this situation, as this is unacceptable behavior and it goes against GoPro’s values and Code of Conduct. We strive to ensure everyone at GoPro feels empowered to show up authentically and can thrive doing so. We do not tolerate any forms of microaggressions or harassment based on race or ethnicity. Please email us at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com, connect with your People Business Partner, or provide anonymous feedback in our employee feedback platform, as we want to appropriately address and resolve this.

8. 5.0

Great

Apr 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

What a great company. I’m so stoked to work here every day

Cons

Great food great tasty coworkers

Continue reading
  9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Place To Work

Apr 5, 2022 - Senior Software Developer in Carlsbad, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, great location, talented engineering team. A very inspiring place to work.

Cons

The software stack is old and painful to work on

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

Great Company

Mar 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

great pay relative to age

Cons

long, consistent hours on a daily basis

GoPro Response

Recruiting Operations Program Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at GoPro! We are pleased to learn you had a positive experience. If you have additional feedback you'd like to share please contact us at recruitingfeedback@gopro.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 351 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with GoPro Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at GoPro? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

29 days ago

Community
#GoProForACause Spotlight: Searching for Sharks with @Beneath The Waves In celebration of Shark Awareness Day, we’re taking a deep dive with Beneath The Waves —an organization GoPro for a Cause has supported since 2020. Beneath The Waves is dedicated to promoting ocean health, focusing on protecting sharks and other threatened species, establishing protected areas, and creating nature-based solutions to climate change. Earlier this year, GoPro joined Beneath the Waves and a few #GoProFamily members in the Bahamas on a shark tagging and underwater survey expedition. Dive into our blog, The Current, to see footage from this expedition, learn how Beneath The Waves is making an impact on marine conservation and how you can support.
Shared image - GoPro for a Cause Spotlight: Searching for Sharks with Beneath The Waves
GoPro for a Cause Spotlight: Searching for Sharks with Beneath The Waves
gopro.com

46 days ago

Community
#GoProForACause Spotlight: The Ocean Cleanup In 2018, GoPro for a Cause championed The Ocean Cleanup, a non-profit organization with the objective of ridding the world’s oceans of plastic, starting with the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. Now, The Ocean Cleanup is tackling 1,000 of the world’s most polluting rivers to reduce the flow of plastic into the ocean. The Ocean Cleanup’s latest project is in Guatemala’s Rio Motagua basin, where every rainy season “trash tsunamis” send more than 1.2M kg of plastic flowing into the Caribbean Sea. Head on over to our internal blog, The Current, to learn what a trash tsunami is + how The Ocean Cleanup is tackling this catastrophic event + how you can get involved.
Shared image - GoPro for a Cause Spotlight: Tackling the Trash Tsunami with The Ocean Cleanup
GoPro for a Cause Spotlight: Tackling the Trash Tsunami with The Ocean Cleanup
gopro.com

GoPro Photos

+ Add Photo
GoPro photo of: GoPro at SF Pride 2017!
GoPro photo of: GoPro Women's Summit 2019
GoPro photo of: GoPro People Team Sushi Challenge!
GoPro photo of: Hackathon Day
GoPro photo of: Munich Office
GoPro photo of: Munich Kitchen
GoPro photo of: Bucharest Lobby

Glassdoor has 434 GoPro reviews submitted anonymously by GoPro employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if GoPro is right for you.