What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Management is poor in some functions" (in 25 reviews)
- "They still did not realize the problem is due to the upper management." (in 14 reviews)
- "tough times are ahead and many layoffs so that many employer are nervous what will happen next" (in 14 reviews)
- "Leadership is lacking in ability to take feedback or collaborate on direction or team building" (in 14 reviews)
- "That's even more so when you have a bad manager" (in 14 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of GoPro and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 17 of over 468 reviews
Updated Sep 20, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "poor management"Return to all Reviews
- 1.0Aug 8, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSan Francisco, CA
Collaborative environment that encouraged peer-programming and team work. Employees in the software division were all very cool, smart, hardworking people. Healthcare covers employee 100% so you just pay for partner/dependents -- great if you have a family.
I have a suspicion that about 90% of the entire division made well under scale. Upon leaving, all of my offers were for 30% more across the board, no eyelashes batted. While I was able to take advantage of the IPO, equity for individual contributors was laughable. Middle management was poor: my tech lead had no experience with the stack we were working with and was committed to procedures that were antiquated in light of the agile methodologies the division followed. The software platform was designed, implemented, and deployed with no architect. While there were a few very smart and talented engineers who took the lead in putting this together, no one provided the sort of continued technical leadership that is necessary in building a viable product. It's hard to be optimistic about an entire platform built in such a manner. There was a shocking lack of diversity, especially on the director level and up. It almost looked like there was concerted effort to hire white-male 'bro' types. The demographic was generally an under-35 age range and mostly single. 'Work/life balance' entailed getting employees discounts on cameras and athletic equipment.14
- 1.0Jun 27, 2020Program ManagerFormer EmployeeSan Mateo, CA
Decent snacks, access to a gym
Poor management at all levelsGoPro Response4y
Thank you for taking the time to review your time at GoPro. We'd love to know more about your experience and how we an improve. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.