GoWaiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Go Waiter"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at GoWaiter (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours for operation. Tips

Cons

Use of private vehicle and equipment

2. "horrible"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver

I worked at GoWaiter part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible hours, work around your schedule

Cons

horrible pay, if you don't get tipped on. a delievery you essentially loose money, orders are a gamble and not steady, you could end up waiting 2-3 hours just for your next order, overall just not a good experince, avoid at all costs

Advice to Management

pay your employees correctly or you wont be in business long

"Lowest pay in 20 years, since Burger King when i was 16 and made 4.25 hr"

Current Employee - Driver/Sucker in Southaven, MS
    Current Employee - Driver/Sucker in Southaven, MS

Pros

You can make money doing other stuff while working there

Cons

3-5 dollars an hour. Freedom of speech suspended., can't discuss tips or company policies without getting fired. Average 150 mules a day driven due to huge delivery area. Tips are same or worse than pizza delivery.

Advice to Management

Stop making your living by taking atvantage of desperate people. No more rental fees for equipment.

4. "One of the worst jobs I have had and I've had more than 5 jobs"

Current Employee - Driver in Valdosta, GA
    Current Employee - Driver in Valdosta, GA

I have been working at GoWaiter part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can set your own hours

Cons

No gas money
    Unorganized
    Can go more then 20 mins from restaurant to deliver to customer
    On busy nights we might have to wait over 30 mins for an order to be ready
    Sometimes they put too many people on in one day

Advice to Management

Stop putting so many people on in one day, get organized and stop being jerks to works that are actually pretty loyal

5. "Restaurant Delivery Service with numerous franchise locations across the nation and a single corporate office."

Current Employee - Call Center in Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Call Center in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at GoWaiter part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to do. Training is excellent, corporate culture is fairly standard. Work-life balance can be a little crazy as times.

Cons

Demanding, no benefits, average pay.

Advice to Management

Give your employees a raise and it will encourage them to do better and reduce turnover.

"people just don't want to pay tips ."

Current Employee - Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Driver in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at GoWaiter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you are able to set your own hours and work whenever you want

Cons

you could be in your car for 10 hrs and only 4 runs and leave with 20.00

Advice to Management

dont over load with drivers. only schedule a certain amount per day. their should be a gas incentive gas cost too much and some people just look at you as a pizza delivery person that gets a hourly wage and dont realize that the tips are the backbones of our jobs. we give alot of time and do alot of waiting and making sure orders are right for someone to just stiff you on a tip. If you can't afford to tip then you shouldnt be ordering from go waiter . they are not a fast food company and dont get hourly wages

"GoWaiter - Southaven/Olive Branch, MS"

Current Employee - Delivery Waiter in Southaven, MS
    Current Employee - Delivery Waiter in Southaven, MS

I have been working at GoWaiter part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Based on the other reviews, it must really matter which franchise you work for. Here in MS, things are great. As a delivery driver, I know I am responsible for my own car expenses. As of March, 2014, in our area delivery fees to the customer are now based on driving distance to their home from the restaurant they choose, plus 99% of customers tip the driver. As a driver, I get 70% of the delivery fee plus all the tips the customer allots. Sometimes a credit card customer leaves a tip on the card but still tips me in cash at the door. I am making excellent money for a part-time job and love that I can set my own hours. As an independent contractor (which I prefer to stay), I understand renting the equipment is mandatory (ensuring I'm not an employee). If the company instituted an hourly pay (referencing other reviews), I would then be an employee, they could start telling me what I had to do and when I had to work, etc.

Example: last week a customer ordered from 2 different restaurants and paid a total of $17.98 in delivery fees - (of which I got $12.60), then tipped me $9.00. All on a $50 food total with a 24 mile round trip delivery for me. I'd say getting paid $21.60 on ONE order makes out for excellent pay. Every now and then a customer does not tip me, but again, I get a large portion of the delivery fee. If customer lives much closer, their delivery fee can be as low as $3.99, but then, I'm not gone as long on that delivery so I can deliver more per hour.

Maybe it varies across the country, but in our area - folks are tired but don't cook. They are happy to pay almost whatever delivery fees and tips it requires to get food delivered to their door, hot and delicious. I have noticed that when I wear nicer clothes (black pants and a black/red or white shirt) as opposed to jeans....I get higher tips. And don't forget to itemize the .56/mile write off allowed on taxes. Keep daily track on expense reports/apps.

P.S. I heard franchise corporate management had a change-over last year (2013).

Cons

If your car is not fuel-efficient, you won't make a lot of money due to gas expense.

Advice to Management

In our area, keep doing what you are doing. I love it when you have just the right amount of drivers per shift ensuring I don't spend time with nothing to do while "on" duty.

8. "While many deliver food to help get by, including myself when I started with GoWaiter; I ended up finding my career."

Current Employee - Manager in Southaven, MS
    Current Employee - Manager in Southaven, MS

I have been working at GoWaiter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing growth potential, flexible schedules, better tips than with pizza delivery.

Cons

If you love driving like I do, you won't mind it to much but it will put a lot of mileage on your car.

"GoWaiter Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at GoWaiter part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly work environment, able to work out schedule

Cons

Compensation was not the best, and the values of the company were not congruent with my own

"Pay works out to below minimum wage, authorities need to be informed that this is going on."

Current Employee - Delivery Driver
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver

I have been working at GoWaiter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule and low pressure.

Cons

The job puts a lot of wear and tear on your car, not to mention the cost of gas. None of this is compensated for, and the pay including tips always works out to less than minimum wage no matter how busy you are.

Advice to Management

Put in an hourly rate, add gas costs per mile to customer's bill, and require a minimum 10% tip automatically added to bill.