Godfather's Pizza Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Ron Gartlan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Classic Job for Teenager Ya"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, WA
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Auburn, WA

I worked at Godfather's Pizza part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my experience here. Fantastic corporation excellent stock options and match.

Cons

Only con is that I do not work there anymore.

2. "Mad House"

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Springfield, IL
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Springfield, IL

I worked at Godfather's Pizza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the employees are actually competent, you can make good tips, not a very hard job

Cons

There is zero room for growth or promotions they refuse to promote from within the company they overworked and underpaid their employees they treat their employees with disrespect and refused to listen to ideas and suggestions for both employees and customers I worked here for almost a year with no write ups and what do they do cut my hours from 40 to 10. The management here is horrifying there is no communication between managers or the owners there is no communication between employees and management, also there is no training done to help you grow as an employee they play favorites, also at the particular store I worked at and Springfield Illinois there were mice and rats living in the store eating our food and defecating on all of the surfaces this place is not sanitary and it is not a good company to work for they take advantage of their employees and they're only looking out for themselves

Advice to Management

Stop hiring new employees promote from inside the company take care of your rat problem and start treating your employees with some respect and dignity maybe even pay people what they're actually worth and stop taking advantage of hard-working employees.

3. "District Manager"

Former Employee - District Manager in Council Bluffs, IA
    Former Employee - District Manager in Council Bluffs, IA

I worked at Godfather's Pizza (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great family environment. Lots of progressive changes being brought to fit in the new industry. A great quality product. Well worth the price.

Cons

Small Corporation . This causes little room for upward mobility into a possible vice president or senior management positions. Tends to be a struggle to implement new ideas

Advice to Management

If you are looking for a company with upward mobility at a fast pace, this probably would not be your best bet.

4. "High School Worker"

Former Employee - Pizza Cook in Fairmont, MN
    Former Employee - Pizza Cook in Fairmont, MN

I worked at Godfather's Pizza part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a great first job, you learn how to work with a team, work with customers. Learn your local even more as a delivery driver. Great hands on experience of a fast paced job.

Cons

Godfathers when I was there had began to hire people that I was not the most fond of. Managers had some questionable views and backgrounds and the same went with a couple of workers.

Advice to Management

Good first job and a way to make some money, but at the same time consider giving local managers a raise as they work a lot and get paid little.

5. "Company with no morals"

Former Employee - Cashier in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Cashier in Omaha, NE

Pros

the job is easy and it is easy to request time off.

Cons

Management at multiple locations had problem. I know people who have worked at several locations, along with the one I worked at. Some locations the managers were smoking meth, sleeping with under age girls, drinking on the job, bullying, and sexually harassing subordinates. Upper management drug their feet instead of immediately addressing these issues. Some things were never actually dealt with. Would not recommend.

Advice to Management

Get it together, and get rid of the roaches.

6. "Typical Fast-Food Job"

I have been working at Godfather's Pizza full-time

Pros

- Meet new people and make friends

- If you have a veteran staff than people have each others back

- You feel valued when there are good managers employed

- I have met some amazing bosses here

Cons

- Anyone can be hired off the street and become a manager leading to very under qualified people being put into higher positions. This can cause major problems as half the managers you encounter are very lazy and have no idea how to run a kitchen.

- Very low pay and hard to get a raise. I have worked at both a franchise location and at a corporate location and made MUCH more at a franchise location that was not very busy and I have made MUCH less at a corporate location that was incredibly busy for doing the exact same job.

- Can be overworked. Because of high turnover you can be stuck working with no days off. Personally I worked for 5 weeks straight with not a single day off for about 60 hours a week. It leaves you feeling exhausted and less than human.

Advice to Management

Treat your workers like human beings. Give the hard workers better pay rather than keeping all workers (lazy and good) at relatively the same level. Demote managers who can't "keep up". We need strong leaders at the top. We can't survive if someone (especially managers) aren't pulling their weight.

7. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Cedar Falls, IA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Cedar Falls, IA

I have been working at Godfather's Pizza part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Laid back, flexible schedule, good food and atmosphere, co workers are usually pretty decent, VERY good compensation compared to other companies

Cons

how much you make can be based on how much business there is at a time, some customers can be rude,

Advice to Management

my advice to management would be to push the product a little more and to promote how our dough is actually made in store every morning

8. "godfathers pizza"

I have been working at Godfather's Pizza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

very nice hours for a high school student since the lobby doesn't open until 4 pm. Great staff, everyones pretty young, mostly students.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for promotion, hard to work full time since the store opens late and closes early.

Advice to Management

Management does what they can with what they are given, I'd love higher salary but when business is slow its hard to give out raises.

9. "Shift Manager"

Former Employee - Shift Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Shift Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at Godfather's Pizza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good team building experience. Work as a team to accomplish goals. Be able to stay on feet for entire shift and sling pie

Cons

Sometimes have to stay late or sometimes people dont show up for shifts so you get stuck working longer

Advice to Management

Keep doing what the company expects. Have better opportunities for workers to get promoted from with in and better pay your employees

10. "Prep Cook"

Former Employee - Prep Cook in Riverside, IA
    Former Employee - Prep Cook in Riverside, IA

I worked at Godfather's Pizza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cheap food, worked with friends. Everything was lax because the manager always worked morning while the night crew was always taking it easy.

Cons

Unfair wages, simple work, not challenging. It was either fold boxes, make pizza, or scrub dishes.

Advice to Management

Be less Sexists