KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Godiva Chocolatier

Engaged Employer

Godiva Chocolatier

Add a Review

Godiva Chocolatier Employee Reviews about "hour"

Updated Sep 19, 2022

Found 5 of over 880 reviews

3.9
Godiva Chocolatier CEO Nurtac Afridi  (no image)
Nurtac Afridi

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Godiva Chocolatier and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "hour"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee

Horrible company to work for.

Jan 19, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sample chocololate is the only one.

Cons

If you are a store manager they will expect you to work 50 plus hours per week. You are salary and only get paid for 40. You have no payroll so there are many times you hare there by yourself from 9:00 am until 4:30 pm with no break and working 6 days per week. Then they question you why your sales are down. When you are the only one there it is hard to wait on a store full of customers. As for as assistant managers and part time key holders they only want to pay them 8 to 9 per hour. when other companies are paying 12-15 per hour. They enforce some policies but turn a blind eye on others. They expect you to work sick and the DM's are of no assistants when you are short staffed.

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Don't care much about their employees, but hey, chocolate!

Mar 6, 2013 - Key Holder in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

It really is the best chocolate there is, you will be spoiled for the rest of your life, no other chocolate will compare. Dipping strawberries and such is fun, I'm a creative type so opening the store was my favorite because of that.

Cons

It is pricey so prepare for grouchy customers. Also people coming in constantly who only want their monthly free piece with their Customer Rewards card will drive you absolutely nuts, as it hurts your numbers when you have so many transactions and so many of them simply refuse to buy anything (not that I can blame them persay). Apart from being promoted fairly quickly from seasonal employee to a part of management (I worked very hard) I didn't see any examples of growing within the company. In my district there was some sketchy demoting and hiring new store managers and such in an attempt to make more money for the company which failed on their part. I just wouldn't feel secure in my job as a store manager even if I was making/exceeding sales goals, from what I saw them do to my store manager. Also, perhaps just my district but their pay is not anything impressive. I was making $7.75 as a seasonal worker and then only $8.50 as a Key Holder and it really was a lot more responsibility. I'm making $10/hour at my new job which is essentially the same position and less stress, so there's that. Oh! And the company decreased the employee discount while I worked there from 50% to 40% which just seems wrong to me. I know it's not a big decrease but it's significant and kind of a slap in the face to those of us who are working our butts off to make goals and make the company money and keep customers happy.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

I TOOK A SIGNIFICANT PAY CUT TO LEAVE!

Jun 11, 2016 - Boutique Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free samples when a new chocolate piece is introduced and a discount on overpriced chocolate

Cons

This is the WORST company I have ever worked for. I thought it would be fun to work with chocolate, I was very wrong. 1. Payroll Hours / $'s - I know that's an issue with every retailer, however be prepared to be by yourself until 2 or 3 pm if you are the opening manager. In that time, you have to complete the morning chocolate dipped treats, customer service, cashier, lease line sampler and dipping other treats you will need for the next 1-3 days. You cant dip ahead of time due to expiration dates. As the closing manager you are by yourself from 5/5:30 - close. You will be customer service, cashier, lease line sampler and stocking the store and clean up. There are no additional payroll hours for floor moves, markdowns, inventory, meetings, training of new employees, bimonthly soft serve machine cleaning and monthly cycle counts. Most of the time, your payroll goal is not provided before the written schedules are due. Schedules were usually rewritten to payroll goals. One month my payroll was not provided until week 3 of a 4 week month and was expected to stay in line with payroll. Also payroll is not provided in hours like a lot of retailers. You are given payroll dollars. That means if you decided to hire some one at $10.50 per hour because they have experience instead of $8, you will have less sales people working because you are only allowed to spend $x on payroll. The payroll figure is for everyone in the store except the Boutique Manager because they are salary 2. Communication- multiple weekly updates and the information contradicts other updates and information changes quickly due to lack of communication at the Corporate level. Corporate conference calls are scheduled during the day when there is no coverage(usually at 12-1 or 1-2pm- you will be by yourself running the store and the conference calls are mandatory. 3. Technolog