KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Godiva Chocolatier Employee Reviews about "team"

Updated Sep 19, 2022

Found 89 of over 880 reviews

3.9
Godiva Chocolatier CEO Nurtac Afridi  (no image)
Nurtac Afridi

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Godiva Chocolatier and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "team"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Former Employee

Feb 11, 2022 - Sales Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

Has a good team to work with and a generous salary.

Cons

A job that will have lots of customers during holidays, so taking time off then would be difficult.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to work at

Jun 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Belgium, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The product was indeed good! And the team are nice to work with.

Cons

Management recycling and no opportunities for growth at my time.

Godiva Chocolatier Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

It's chocolate!

May 20, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our Way Culture- really helps in development and morale as well as the vision of who we are as a company. Fun environment and fun customers The sales culture is customer experience based rather than focused on dollars. The business thrives by offering a world class experience, rather than managing by fear of numbers. Great opportunities for advancement when positions are available, Godiva has a lot of tenured associates- which is another great thing. I believe Godiva has positive intentions for their associates, I really do. This company wants to learn from its people, and it continues to strive for a leading company to work for. Great TEAM mentality, feels like a tight family.

Cons

It still seems like Godiva is learning as a company, how to be effective and people oriented at the same time. Because of this, we feel the growing pains. Payroll is ALWAYS tight, we have a lot to do with not enough help. Really hurts morale and keeps the team worn thin. Leads to exhaustion, stress, and worry. As the comany has transitioned from a gifting business to a treat business, the increased labor demands should be considered, and payroll should reflect that. It's always tough to hire because we don't have much to offer compared to other companies. Our wages are not competitive with others around us, and the only benefit we offer to part time associates is an employee discount. This is the feedback I receive when candidates we want to move forward with accept offers elsewhere. It's difficult to drive business when guests say they can shop wholesale for less. Godiva used to be unique and hard to find, now we have many boutique locations and Godiva can be found in grocery stores, pharmacies, and department stores.