Gogo Business Aviation Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 68 reviews

3.9
Gogo Business Aviation CEO Sergio Aguirre
Sergio Aguirre
Pros
  • "I also really appreciate the work/life balance focus here(in 13 reviews)

• "All companies have issues but Gogo Business Aviation has set a standard for their Management Teams that listening is first and foremost on the agenda(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Interesting dynamic between the business aviation team in Colorado and the commercial aviation team in Chicago(in 3 reviews)

• "There are some silos in the company, and there's a particular division between Business Aviation and Commercial Aviation(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to add value!"

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and benefits. Awesome onboarding experience, ability to add value in many areas. Gogo's values are spot on!

Cons

pace of change is fast! but if you like that, you will thrive.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the values that lead to great results!

Gogo Business Aviation2018-11-20
  2. "Great People...Challenge Accepted"

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time

Pros

If you want to work with some of the smartest people in Colorado, this is your kind of Company. The business outlook is great and the type of work available is second to none. If that’s not enough, there is a culture that encourages people to think and act versus waiting to be told what to do. Everyone from the the top to the individual contributor are asked to make this a business they can be proud to work at. The...

Cons

We need more people in the Company. There has also been some hang over due to some challenges being faced in the Airline side of the business.

Advice to Management

Retain the talent that’s here and find complimentary resources to continue to grow what we’ve built.

Gogo Business Aviation2018-10-29
  3. "What a great place to work"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Lead in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time for less than a year

Pros

What a great culture. People work together, and everyone is treated with respect! Management cares about people and listens to employees. It is so refreshing to know that everyone from the cleaning staff up to the CEO is valued and everyone’s opinion matters! Not a day goes by that I am not impressed by the “can do” attitude that people have here. Even in tough situations, everyone pulls together and works as a team...

Cons

The company is doing well and we could use more staff!

Advice to Management

My advice to management is simple. Keep doing what you are doing! People love it here!

Gogo Business Aviation2018-09-21

"Extremely Unorganized"

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time

Pros

Good work / life balance.

Cons

Probably the most unorganized company I've worked for. Internal communication is almost none-existent, and very delayed when it does occur. Teams intentionally hiding information from each other. Decisions are frequently made without knowledge of details. Pay is below market.

Gogo Business Aviation2018-08-27

"Engineer III"

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

work life balance is excellent

Cons

You see managers being partial, people will feel left out at times

Gogo Business Aviation2018-08-01

"I love working here"

Current Employee - Hard Worker in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Bright future with great products & people

Cons

Need more talented people...too much work & opportunity for the amount of people we have.

Gogo Business Aviation2018-07-05

"Short Term Planning Expecting Long Term Results"

Current Employee - Engineer in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some good people. Could be profitable. Lots of opportunity in the industry.

Cons

Internal Structure doesn't make sense for a "technology" company. No accountability to those who cause problems either intentional or because of incompetence. Same mistakes made over and over with predictable results. No long term strategic plans. Leadership doesn't think more than 1 quarter ahead. Company top goals change every quarter. Be prepared to rework every task at least 2 or 3 times because of lack of planning....

Advice to Management

Keep people accountable for actual results. Think longer term than 1 quarter. Follow best in class industry standard practices. They work! Think like a mature technology company. Stop thinking like a 1yr old startup.

Gogo Business Aviation2018-04-13

"I keep hoping it will get better but steadily getting worse."

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time

Pros

Very nice people! No hostility, or blame. Work life balance if you are in the right position. Unlimited PTO. Company parties.

Cons

Management is nice to your face, but doesn't seem to actually care about their employees moral. There is a lot of siloing among departments and especially between Chicago and Broomfield. So much change, constant reshuffling. Many people are forced into roles where they are set up for failure. No career advancement. Pay is not up to industry standards. Constant promises of improvement by management but it doesn't...

Advice to Management

Take a look at your employees for real. Unhappy employees lead to mass exodus. Stop promising things to get better and then repeating the same mistakes. Pay employees what they are worth so we can hire and retain top talent.

Gogo Business Aviation2017-11-28
  9. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Communications Director in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is the industry leader but continues to innovate. Even though the company has been around for more than 25 years it still feels like a startup environment. Quality people and office environment is positive and upbeat. Good mix of experience and young professionals driving the business forward.

Cons

Interesting dynamic between the business aviation team in Colorado and the commercial aviation team in Chicago. At times it can feel like two separate companies when it's actually one -- but that is getting better and better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we're doing. Don't stop innovating and don't stop hiring the best talent that is the right fit for the company culture.

Gogo Business Aviation2017-11-21

"Director"

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and culture. We truly operate as One Team with a focus on our customers. The size of the company allows individual to have significant impact. We have great products in a fun industry and our position in the market is only getting strong. The leadership team is very down to earth and approachable. It's a fun environment and I am thankful to be part of a great team!

Cons

We have a lot to do and the most difficult decisions are what NOT to do. We work hard and people are open to change and making change.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on culture and hiring great people and our people will take care of our customers.

Gogo Business Aviation2017-11-08