Gogo Business Aviation Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Gogo Business Aviation General Manager Sergio Aguirre
Sergio Aguirre

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I also really appreciate the work/life balance focus here (in 11 reviews)

• Gogo Business Aviation is the leader in the avionics telecommunications industry and currently hold a competitive advantage in this market (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Interesting dynamic between the business aviation team in Colorado and the commercial aviation team in Chicago (in 3 reviews)

• There are some silos in the company, and there's a particular division between Business Aviation and Commercial Aviation (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Communications Director in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Communications Director in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is the industry leader but continues to innovate. Even though the company has been around for more than 25 years it still feels like a startup environment. Quality people and office environment is positive and upbeat. Good mix of experience and young professionals driving the business forward.

Cons

Interesting dynamic between the business aviation team in Colorado and the commercial aviation team in Chicago. At times it can feel like two separate companies when it's actually one -- but that is getting better and better.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what we're doing. Don't stop innovating and don't stop hiring the best talent that is the right fit for the company culture.

"I keep hoping it will get better but steadily getting worse."

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time

Pros

Very nice people! No hostility, or blame. Work life balance if you are in the right position. Unlimited PTO. Company parties.

Cons

Management is nice to your face, but doesn't seem to actually care about their employees moral. There is a lot of siloing among departments and especially between Chicago and Broomfield. So much change, constant reshuffling. Many people are forced into roles where they are set up for failure. No career advancement. Pay is not up to industry standards. Constant promises of improvement by management but it doesn't seem to happen. Constant scope creep on projects. Lack of decision making among teams.

Advice to Management

Take a look at your employees for real. Unhappy employees lead to mass exodus. Stop promising things to get better and then repeating the same mistakes. Pay employees what they are worth so we can hire and retain top talent.

"Director"

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people and culture. We truly operate as One Team with a focus on our customers. The size of the company allows individual to have significant impact. We have great products in a fun industry and our position in the market is only getting strong. The leadership team is very down to earth and approachable. It's a fun environment and I am thankful to be part of a great team!

Cons

We have a lot to do and the most difficult decisions are what NOT to do. We work hard and people are open to change and making change.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on culture and hiring great people and our people will take care of our customers.

"A work place where you feel empowered and where you can be yourself"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are the best thing at Gogo Business Aviation! I love the diversity of the group I work with:. It is a multi-cultural environment, you also have people with Phd and self-taught individuals, young graduates and others who have come out of retirement because they are excited about what we do...
    That energy and diversity brings innovation and a buzz that is contagious.
    You are empowered to be an influencer regardless of your title and how long you have been part of the team.

Cons

Honestly, when we have issues, we discuss it in the open and work on it respectfully so it is a healthy environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to put our culture #1 over numbers! You recognize how engaged employees produce wonderful business results and in the end, numbers for our shareholders.

5. "Outstanding Company with a great culture!"

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time

Pros

*Recruiting team is amazing! They care about you as much as you being a good fit for Gogo.
    *Values are modeled by leaders and team members, thus creating a culture that is positive, energetic and exciting!
    *Benefits are competitive.
    *Compelling market, supported by innovative product offerings.
    *Nimble, adaptability and quick to make decisions.
    *Great place with smart people!

Cons

I do not have any cons! Great Company!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, focusing on culture by modeling Gogo's values, focus on the customer and focus on team members!

6. "Great future and lots of opps for motivated people"

Current Employee - Director in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gogo BA has a really good culture. Like every other organization I've worked out, there are teams that lack accountability however it appears that is being addressed. The leadership team is hungry to be innovative and successful which creates lots of opportunities to try new things and take risks. They are willing to step away from the "this is the way we do it" mentality. There is a lot of collaboration among teams and across departments. I also really appreciate the work/life balance focus here. It isn't just lip-service. AND, this is the first place I've worked where engineering routinely hits their deadlines - it's awesome.

Personally, I think career growth is the individual's responsibility. From my experience, people at Gogo who work hard, hit their goals, are accountable and are reliable are rewarded with new career opportunities - either with promotions or just new responsibilities. There are also people who are happy to stay in their current role, meet their goals and receive a solid pay check and an annual bonus. Career opportunities are what you make them here.

Cons

Growing pains - as the company strives to be innovative and nimble, there are processes that have to be worked out.

Personal changes seem to take a long time (hiring and firing) which can be painful for the team in place.

Advice to Management

A solid strategy has been developed - stay the course and continue to communicate it to employees.

Gogo Business Aviation Response

Nov 9, 2017 – Employer

Your insight and opinion are important to us. It's because of individuals like you that make Gogo such a great place to work. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

"Innovative Aviation Communication Solutions"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Staff, staff, staff! Gogo Business Aviation is full of energetic enthusiastic professionals.

Cons

Sometimes too many new things going on at once.

"Gogo"

I worked at Gogo Business Aviation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great People to work with

Cons

Very short-term focused, Lack of advancement opportunities

"Dream company"

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation full-time

Pros

I love working for Gogo Business Aviation. The company culture is fantastic and the people I get to work with are very talented. Senior leadership does a great job keeping all employees informed and working towards the same end goals.

Cons

The company seems to be growing fairly quickly and harmony across departments is struggling a little.

Advice to Management

Find ways for departments to better work together so it's not as siloed.

"Gogo BA"

Current Employee - Engineer in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Gogo Business Aviation (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice people, great work to life balance

Cons

Hard to get promoted, project management needs help on some occasions

Gogo Business Aviation Response

Aug 14, 2017 – Employer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your opinion. Cheers to the past 5 years and to the many more to come!