Gogo Reviews

Updated Jun 3, 2020

3.3
Gogo President and CEO Oakleigh Thorne  (no image)
Oakleigh Thorne
Pros
  • "Fast paced work environment; you are never bored and something new to learn(in 17 reviews)

• "work life balance is simply awesome(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "None experienced as it offers proper work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• "Because of the large amount of growth in short period of time we continue to go through growing pains(in 8 reviews)

1. "good company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Gogo full-time for more than a year

Pros

good management/good partners/overall easy job

Cons

pay a little lower than expected

2. COVID-19

"Great Company, Difficult times"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gogo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great People Great Location Good Work Life Balance

Cons

Times are tough due to COVID-19 and the road back to service levels going back to pre-covid numbers is long, but I do have faith Gogo will come out on the other side.

3. "career"

Former Employee - Technical Architect in Chicago, IL

I worked at Gogo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good tech stack, lot to learn

Cons

no clear career path, no focus

4. "Fast paced, cool projects, and awesome people"

5.0

I have been working at Gogo

Pros

Things evolve at a quick pace, integrate your ideas to how work gets accomplished. Brilliant and inspiring people to work with.

Cons

Lack of alignment and communication across teams can make collaboration difficult. Improvements have been made, but this needs to remain a focus

"still working to be an aerospace company and scale up from start up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gogo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Get to work with very intelligent people

Cons

senior leadership (SVP, VPs) more worried about appearing successful that creating or implementing processes or support that would actually make doing your job well, efficiently, on time. Still a company of silos where once discipline is more focused on than another though it takes all teams to make aircrafts function.

6. COVID-19

"Good Company, Major Growth Ahead of COVID 19"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gogo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

work life balance is simply awesome

Cons

wish pay was better and better career opportunities

Continue reading

"Great people!!! Unfortunately, lacks good leadership and vision at VP, SVP and Exec Level"

2.0
    Current Employee - Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gogo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Employees truly care about the company and delivering top-quality products to our customers!

Cons

Many of the management at VP, SVP and Exec level are not Leaders by definition and operate more as managers. They do not rely enough on their teams who have great ideas and feedback. Unfortunately, the Sr Mgmt team functions as a siloed group and dismisses opportunities to improve business model and business strategies by only relying on the existing Sr Mgmt team. The Sr Mgmt team has the attitude that they alone must solve our problems. Other internal experts should be brought in to offer advise, insights and ideas. There are so many experts who work here with such varied backgrounds whose ideas and input are not valued or even considered. They too quickly dismiss people who do not have a leadership title - without really knowing their background and experience.

Continue reading
  8. "Great place to learn a multitude of technology!"

I have been working at Gogo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with and an environment where you are not affraid to take risks.

Cons

Former ownership failed to prepare the company for going public in terms of running lean. Current ownership and management has been on the right track and development of new technology and the ability to be agile in the marketplace has come on strongly.

"Great Place, Horrible Management"

2.0
    Current Employee - Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gogo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary and that is about it.

Cons

This place is all about management. No growth opportunity. Upper management keeps bringing in people from outside that have no clue of what they are managing!! Company will be going down and down if it stays in this direction. Probably why the salaries are good. They can't keep a good employee. They bring you in with all these benefits, then all of a sudden, sorry, no.

Gogo Response

February 27, 2020Employer

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share your perspective. As an organization, we provide internal visibility to our open roles by first posting them exclusively on our internal job board for a minimum of 5 days before also opening them to outside candidates. We want you and every Gogo employee to feel empowered to not only apply for these roles internally but to also take advantage of regular conversations with your manager to discuss your development and preparation for your next role. Our commitment is to always hire the best for each role, and very often, the successful candidate is pulled from within Gogo. Thank you for your hard work and commitment to our mission, and we encourage you to reach out to your HR representative if you have any additional questions or suggestions.

10. "Cool place to work"

Former Employee - Manager - Network Engineering in Chicago, IL

I worked at Gogo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Exciting technology, evolving fast. Nice office / work environment. Some really good, really smart people there to learn from. The plan to move forward is as solid as any I have seen anywhere. Excellent communications from Executive Leadership.

Cons

Some challenges with regard to some needed restructure that have been made - change can be hard for some.

Found 168 reviews