Gogo Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Michael J. Small

Pros
  • Lots of challenges as the company is growing, and many opportunities to make a change (in 11 reviews)

• Fast-paced, start-up culture in a corporation (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not well balanced (in 14 reviews)

• Because of the large amount of growth in short period of time we continue to go through growing pains (in 7 reviews)

"Exhilarating environment, entrepreneurial spirit and energy"

I have been working at Gogo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Intellectually challenging across all functions
    incredibly high bar for talent with great results
    Better than average pay and benefits
    Better than average career opportunities

Cons

A lot is expected, this isn't a company in a maintenance/mature stage on the growth timeline; 40 hours a week probably won’t get most jobs done. If you work here, you have to be flexible and have thick skin, things change fast

Advice to Management

Stay in touch with all employees through communication on strategy for growth and development. Don't be shy about syaing what works and what hasn't

"A great place to work if you like a fast paced, constantly changing, fast growth company"

I have been working at Gogo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As a company, we get to do things no company has ever done before. Its pretty cool to be a part of. There are plenty of opportunities to grow a career if you are willing to work hard and make your own way.

Cons

Work/life balance can get tricky as the workload can be very heavy.
    The office is in Itasca (moving downtown in 2015!!)
    The company is growing very quickly (pro) and sometimes it takes a bit for the infrastructure to catch up (con)
    Middle management needs to improve their skills

Advice to Management

Invest heavily in current employees to develop them
    Work to make sure the company vision is clear

"Inspiring organization with momentum"

Pros

Gogo is a rush- in the best sense of the word. The work is fast paced and refreshing, requires focus and tenacity, and I continue to be inspired daily by what we are accomplishing. I feel people’s ideas/opinions are respected, find there are growth opportunities for those that seek out ways to positively impact the business, and appreciate the flexibility offered.

Cons

Buckle your seatbelt. For those that enjoy evolution and growth, Gogo is a great place to be. But it’s not for everyone. If you don’t easily adapt or are not open to change- this wouldn’t be a place for you. Same goes for work load, with all the new ideas and possibilities, the work load can challenging but manageable.

"Rewarding role in a growing company"

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gogo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The company is growing and I've learnt a lot of things since coming here.
    - The pay is good and benefit package is great. I like the flexibility e.g. hours, working remote and PTO etc.
    - I work in a great team and feel like its a family vs. dealing with work colleagues
    - I've had great opportunities to progress, had a promotion and had easy access to training when I've asked

Cons

- The environment can be fast paced which is good - but sometimes moves too fast. This can sometimes lead to confusion and communication breakdowns

Advice to Management

Continue with the improvements I've seen over the last few years. The company is moving in the right direction

"Love this company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Gogo (Less than a year)

Pros

Gogo really cares about their employees. They are always thinking of fun, creative ways to do nice things for their employees or offer new benefits. They do company breakfasts, offer $100 monthly commuter benefits, free emergency day care, and have social gatherings. The people are so friendly at this company and you can tell they are proud to say they are Gogo employees.

Cons

Because of the large amount of growth in short period of time we continue to go through growing pains. Still trying to figure out best ways to organize departments and get people in best roles to help company be successful.

Advice to Management

Develop a curriculum for Manager development training. There are so many new managers that really need guidance on how to best lead their teams. A structured training program would be really beneficial.

"Don't pass up an opportunity to work for a great company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Gogo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work/life ethic within a fast paced leading edge technology company.
    Moving downtown to be in the center of business and an active lifestyle.
    People are very supportive and always willing to help understand the products, services and language of our business.

Cons

Rapid growth means fast paced activity requiring rapid start-up. You must be willing to run with the herd or you will be left behind. Not for the timid or complacent.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve the onboarding process. Give newbies a deeper dive into the products and services offered. An overview of frequently used acronyms would be very useful.

7. "good"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst

I have been working at Gogo full-time

Pros

Headed in the right direction. Great outlook, leader in the industry. Extremely fast paced. If you are used to the old giant corporate way of doing things, this isn't a place for you. Competitive and fun!

Cons

Slow at getting the wrong people out the door. other than that, i have nothing bad to say.

"Director"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gogo (Less than a year)

Pros

Things move quickly here. Very fast paced, dynamic, entreprenuerial environment where input is valued and heard. Everyone working on success and motivated to do the right thing for the company and the clients.

Cons

Some growing pains with organizational structure and processes

Advice to Management

Keep lazer focused on the airline client and continue to innovate, innovate, innovate

Gogo Response

Jan 8, 2016 – Social Media Talent Analyst

It's great to have you on our team! As you know, we are all about innovation and appreciate diversity of thought. Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective.

"Distinguished Member of Technical Staff"

Current Employee - Distinguished Member of Technical Staff in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Distinguished Member of Technical Staff in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gogo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent technology to work with! Excellent and knowledge teams to work with!

Cons

Hours are long sometime. Not enough lead time between projects. Everything is priority! I guess that can be any job.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gogo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at Gogo for a year. The company is growing from its start-up days into a major corporation. To grow this fast, the company has hired some top-notch technical management to make it happen. These new people really understand technology and how to work with people. The technical environment is fast paced, but very comfortable and reasonable.

As the company grows, it is expected there will be organizational/structural changes. The changes I have seen are very positive and are positioning the company to be successful.

I work in the area of software/system technology development, and the work is very interesting, high-tech and at the cutting edge of system design using new technology. I work with very good people and have a very talented technical team. The new management is very good at listening to people, receptive to suggestions and turning all ideas into a business success.

Since they are now downtown Chicago, my schedule is locked to the commuter train schedules, and there has not been any issues with keeping to this schedule. I also work from home as needed.

The overall benefits plans are great - medical, dental, vision, commuter discount, etc. I have a family to take care of and the coverage is excellent.

Cons

I am very satisfied at this company and have no cons.

Advice to Management

Continue plans to grow the company and restructure the processes.

Gogo Response

Jan 8, 2016 – Social Media Talent Analyst

Its great to have you part of our team! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and share with others your experience.