Gogo "growing pains" Reviews | Glassdoor

Gogo Employee Reviews about "growing pains"

Updated Oct 18, 2017

3.1
Gogo President and CEO Oakleigh Thorne  (no image)
Oakleigh Thorne
Pros
  • "Fast paced work environment; you are never bored and something new to learn(in 17 reviews)

• "Gogo provides great work/life balance and knows how to recognize it;s employees(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "None experienced as it offers proper work life balance(in 12 reviews)

• "Because of the large amount of growth in short period of time we continue to go through growing pains(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "growing pains"

Return to all Reviews

"Fun environment, great people and work life balance"

I have been working at Gogo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work/life balance. Fast paced leading edge tech company. Opportunities to learn new things come up regularly. People are open and encourage to new ideas and ways of thinking. (You have the opportunity to make an impact on how things are done and see your ideas turn into reality.) Fun environment with forward looking people that strive to continuously improve. Time off is generous (you can take what you want).... Close to train stations makes commute from burbs easy. Lots of diversity in type of work and projects you get to work on.

Cons

While I enjoy the pace of work and innovation, for some it may move too quickly and be overwhelming. Normal growing pains with regular changing of processes to accomodate innovation and change.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on the open communications. There has been visible improvements made to keep us in the loop.

Gogo2017-10-18
  2. "Growing company with potential!"

I have been working at Gogo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome culture, competitive pay, great benefits, convenient office location for metra travelers, opportunity to make a positive change

Cons

Typical growing pains that any other company in its position would have.

Advice to Management

Reconsider free beer policy!

Gogo2016-04-14

"Incredible opportunity"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gogo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Commitment to deliver in our mission and focus on our values; fantastic group of energized, bright, and fun people; and really interesting work that has a huge impact.

Cons

Some growing pains as a result of the high growth, the fast pace, plus the convergence of so much new talent coming together from the telecom, aviation, and technology industries who are all trying to get up to speed quickly.

Advice to Management

Continue to raise the bar, invest further in developing people, and stay connected to what's going on throughout the organization.

Gogo2016-03-21

"Director"

Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Gogo for less than a year

Pros

Things move quickly here. Very fast paced, dynamic, entreprenuerial environment where input is valued and heard. Everyone working on success and motivated to do the right thing for the company and the clients.

Cons

Some growing pains with organizational structure and processes

Advice to Management

Keep lazer focused on the airline client and continue to innovate, innovate, innovate

Gogo2015-08-24
  5. "Great Experience - Intern"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I worked at Gogo

Pros

- Great opportunity to get experience in a fast-paced and growing environment - Co-workers are great, very lively place to work - I was actually given real projects and typical intern grunt work was not dumped on me (felt like I was actually part of the team) - Great office and just moved downtown

Cons

- This is a ground-breaking company and at times they venture into uncharted territory. Not that it is a bad thing, but it can get disorganized and communication can get fuzzy. Growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. I'm very excited to see the future of this company. Glad I had the opportunity to gain some experience there.

Gogo2015-08-04

"Love this company"

in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Gogo for less than a year

Pros

Gogo really cares about their employees. They are always thinking of fun, creative ways to do nice things for their employees or offer new benefits. They do company breakfasts, offer $100 monthly commuter benefits, free emergency day care, and have social gatherings. The people are so friendly at this company and you can tell they are proud to say they are Gogo employees.

Cons

Because of the large amount of growth in short period of time we continue to go through growing pains. Still trying to figure out best ways to organize departments and get people in best roles to help company be successful.

Advice to Management

Develop a curriculum for Manager development training. There are so many new managers that really need guidance on how to best lead their teams. A structured training program would be really beneficial.

Gogo2015-05-21

"Gogo can be a good place to work"

I worked at Gogo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast-paced industry, fun environment, decent salaries

Cons

Growing pains, ambiguity, imbalance in employee recognition-some are promoted for what seems to be no concrete accomplishments, some with stellar accomplishments are passed over repeatedly

Advice to Management

company is too top-heavy, need more staff to do actual work

Gogo2015-06-03
  8. "Growing pains"

Current Employee - Network Engineer

I have been working at Gogo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company is growing tremendously, amazing technology and a dream for any full blooded geek.

Cons

Growing pains and lack of communication along with major ego issues getting in the way of what is really best of the company.

Gogo2015-04-14