Gogokid Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Go with Gogokid"

Current Employee - ESL/English Teacher in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - ESL/English Teacher in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Gogokid part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never been as happy teaching as I am with Gogkid. I make about as much income as I did at public schools, however now I only work part-time and I am at home. The GGK support team is very helpful and can be accessed during class if necessary. The lessons are already written, which means no work to grade, just a brief assessment form to fill out. It is a one-on-one classroom with interactive activities. I highly recommend Gogokid. In the con area below, there is not insurance, but there are many other benefits: work from home (no commute), save on clothing, fuel, and car maintenance expenses, no field trips, no more weekly staff meetings, no extra curricular activities, no recess/lunch/before or after school duties, no more grading stacks of papers, no lesson planning, no week-long est preparations or proctoring, and the list of benefits goes on and on.

Cons

There is no insurance, although there are many other benefits (see above).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing ... it is working.

"No incentives for first month teachers"

Current Employee - Teacher in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at Gogokid part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Enjoying everything so far except...

Cons

No +25% incentive pay for first month teachers with 120 credit score. Credit score is based off the previous month. This is used as an excuse not to pay incentive to first month teachers. That equals hundreds of dollars lost. Really, the $300 new teacher bonus just counteracts not being able to achieve an incentive. That's shady and disappointing, especially if you don't manage to get the new teacher bonus.

Advice to Management

Be clear about only receiving base rate in your first month. I expected to make hundreds of dollars more this month.

"Too early for a company to deliver."

I have been working at Gogokid part-time

Pros

-High bookings
    -Interactive options
    -easy portal
    -credit score system

Cons

-Payment is always an issue- keep track of what you're owed!
    -IT support buttons never work or IT never responds
    -Can't watch recordings. If there is a parental complaint, they're taking their side and will punish you despite you not having access to watch recordings.
    -Hard to fill out feedback due to no recordings. Keep track and notes of who and what you teach.
    -No payment tab..... keep track of what you're owed!
    -Many lessons are almost too easy and short. Be prepared to teach the lesson 3 times if needed to meet the 25 min.mark. One lesson has one word then entire lesson to teach.
    -Needs more grammar lessons
    -Very young children. I get alot of students the ages of 1-3 years old and their attention span is very short and their ability is challenging. Not condusive for classes.
    -Many student aren't pushed to have good internet, headphones, or expected to know how to work their tools.
    -Unprofessional admin. actions. In social media, there is one person over the facebook group who will publicly shame and harass gogo teachers because they need help with their payment and won't respond via email. He is apart of the gogokid team in China so it's not a random admin. for the group. This lack of accountability, understanding, and professionalism is a real turn-off and shows the lack of seriousness for the what the company stands for.
    -credit score system- if you cancel 1 class=3-5 classes you have to teach to make up for that 1 cancelled class. Once you hit 120, you cannot bank those extra credit points.
    -screenshot and keep track of your referrals. They implemented a referral plan to teachers and never abide by it.

Advice to Management

- Allow class playbacks
    -get for IT support and make sure your technology is working in the portal
    -payment tab

"Online ESL teacher"

I have been working at Gogokid part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working here because of the flexibility of choosing your own hours. The pay is very good. It is a new company and has had some kinks to work out. However, I'm very pleased with this company. They offer lots of incentives. The students are a joy to work with.

Cons

Just like with almost any jib, it does take some time to move up the ladder. Bookings can be slow, but be patient because they do pick up. My bookings are very steady now.

Advice to Management

More incentives for 5 star teacher ratings

"Good Job in Theory, Not in Practice"

I have been working at Gogokid part-time

Pros

High rate of pay, application process is fast, many assistance videos on YouTube for training

Cons

I didn't have a single booking for my entire first month, despite having over 20 hours a week of open time slots in peak times. Income is impossible to predict because students have to choose to take your class, you can't control whether or not they sign up for you.

"Great! If you get paid"

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Gogokid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Subsidy. Cancellation policy. They had a bonus when I signed on.
    Flexible. Work as much as you want, whenever you want. Work as little as you want (at least one 30 min class per week).
    Overall I love the lessons

Cons

Project lessons.
    Communication (one example: on Sept 11th they ran an update that will not let us open slots so we can be booked for classes. They sent an email out after it had started. They estimate that this update will be finished at the end of September. If we had not opened classes before that, we will not be able to teach in September).
    I haven’t been paid yet, I was owed hundreds of dollars by August 15th. I received two separate confirmation emails that they had my bank account information. Later, I was told they did not have it. I asked to be paid ASAP, they said I would receive July’s money with August. At this point I am owed over 2k and am not holding my breath. It is supposed to be paid out by tomorrow. I will update this when I am paid.

"ESL Teacher"

Pros

The pay is higher than other companies and they offer great incentives and subsidies! I love the curriculum and interactive classroom.

Cons

They are a new company, if you aren’t prepared for the growing pains it may not be for you. But if you can handle some bumps along the way this is looking like it will be an amazing company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

8. "Easy Hiring Process compared to other online ESL companies."

I have been working at Gogokid part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay for home based work!
    Friendly, supportive staff.

Cons

More teachers than students because it is a new company. Bookings may take awhile.

"ESL Teacher"

I have been working at Gogokid part-time

Pros

$300 bonus if you teach 3 classes and maintain 101 credit score and no bad review of 3 star or less from parents.

Cons

This company is shady. They close subsides for 2 week calling it a website upgrade. Now starting Aug 27 new teachers are no longer offered subsides. Current teachers have to maintain a credit score of 101 to get subsides. However, if you don't get booked at least one class per week you get penalize by having 5 point dedicated from your credit score. Booking is extremely slow. Some teachers go 3 weeks without booking and have all their slots open. They have wavered the 5 point deductions the past few months, however starting Oct 1 they are enforcing the penalty. Some teachers have not been paid for 2 months straight and their emails goes ignored.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with your employees. Stop the shady business practice.

10. "Appears Perfect and fun"

I have been working at Gogokid part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, set my own hours, can work around my kids schedules,

Cons

Some start up costs Witt acquiring props and stuff, very early mornings