Gogokid Reviews

Found 113 of over 218 reviews

4.0

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Horrible communication(in 5 reviews)
  • "PROJECT CLASSES with the student take lots of prep and materials(in 4 reviews)
  • "I had a fully booked schedule from the beginning, so I've made good money while working for them.(in 3 reviews)
  • "It's really not that much money considering how disruptive the schedule is, how few hours are available when the kids are not in school, the fact that you get NO benefits and have to pay the employer's portion of your income taxes, and how exhausting being on camera can be.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Gogokid and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Amazing

Mar 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They had an incredible interface and curriculum!

Cons

They were sometimes a bit slow adding new features

2. 5.0

Excellent Company to Work for

Feb 24, 2022 - Interviewer/Teacher/Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun one on one classes with students. Great co-workers and supervisors. Pay is comparable and sometimes better than other online teaching programs. Teaching Platform is easy to use.

Cons

Pay raise is hard to come by. Recognition for job well done is not always seen.

3. 5.0

Loved my time at GGK

Sep 15, 2021 - English Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

The curriculum at GGK was amazing for extension. It was very interactive. Now that the company has closed and I have had to go back to the Big Orange, I find how much I miss the old curriculum and interactive features. There was so much opportunity to connect with the children at GGK. I wish the company employees all possible success moving forward. I worked here from May 2020 until the company closed August 2021. I taught about 20 classes a week during peak times. It took about a month for the bookings to truly start rolling in, but then I was fully booked for any slot that I opened. I made just over $20/hr teaching 3-5 classes per day.

Cons

Your paycheck depends on parents choosing to book you as their teacher. The company closed because of new regulations put into play by the CCP. So we all woke up one day and classes were canceled and the company was closing. It was so sad.

4. 4.0

good job

Feb 28, 2022 - English Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

wonderful students, flexible schedule, remote

Cons

The time difference, that's it.

5. 5.0

great place to work

Feb 9, 2022 - Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed working at Gogo kid

Cons

There were no cons at Go Kid

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

Wonderful company

Dec 27, 2021 - English Teacher in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was always constantly impressed while working at Gogokid. In my opinion, their curriculum and management were much better than VIPKID. I really enjoyed teaching the students, as they were respectful, motivated, and sweet. The pay always came on time and I received a decent hourly rate. Would recommend this company to friends!

Cons

None that I could think of.

7. 3.0

Good at first

Feb 6, 2022 - English Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great sign up bonus and good curriculum

Cons

They changed their pay determination

8. 4.0

Oct 10, 2021 - Online ESL Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Convenient, flexible schedule, work from the comfort of home

Cons

Early morning working hours, bonus is low when you convert a trial student to a regular student

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Former Employee

Good while it lasted

Dec 19, 2021 - English Teacher in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Open market platform for parents to find teachers

Cons

Set curriculum, sometimes hard to think of ways to make class engaging

10. 5.0

great job

Oct 6, 2021 - Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

they are a caring company

Cons

there are no con s

Viewing 1 - 10 of 113 Reviews

Gogokid Reviews FAQs

Gogokid has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 218 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Gogokid to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Gogokid employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Gogokid. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

81% of Gogokid employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gogokid 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Gogokid to be coworkers, career development, compensation and the cons to be workplace, benefits, culture.

Popular Careers with Gogokid Job Seekers