Gogokid Reviews

Updated Apr 20, 2021

3.9
Pros
  • "Create your own schedule, work from home , incentives and lots of fun(in 18 reviews)

• "Flexible schedule, good pay, cute kids(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "When you first start you have to open every slot available for the first two weeks in order to get bookings(in 22 reviews)

• "New credit score system has been terrible(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great Online ESL Company

Nov 10, 2020 - Qkids Online ESL Teacher in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Manage your own schedule, parents book the classes, great platform, no mandatory weekly minimums, reasonable attendance expectations

Cons

Teacher rating system, daily class minimum to make a $ more per hour, some experience lack of communication or explanations

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0

gogokid

Apr 7, 2021 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

money is not there when there are not bookings

Cons

lack of bookings with students

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fairly good pay, great kids, horrible hours

Jul 21, 2020 - Online ESL Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

This review is for those considering teaching at GoGoKid: GoGoKid is one of the higher paying companies for which you can teach online English. However they recently changed to (as I understand it) a system where if you don't teach a lot of classes you get paid a lower rate. I was not under this system as the change happened after I signed my six-month contract, though I was given the option to update/renew. The lesson plans are fairly straightforward, (be sure to get creative and use lots of props!) The children are generally delightful, well-behaved, and excited to learn. Sure you get the occasional kid who doesn't want to be there, but that's pretty unusual, and if you can get them excited about food or colors or movies or something, they'll probably be more receptive. Good experience gained from the comfort of your own home!

Cons

The hours (I'm on the West Coast), are pretty awful, especially for the half of the year when it's even earlier (China doesn't do daylight savings). However, if you're able to sleep during odd hours or function on less sleep, this might be the job for you!

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0

Terrible New Credit Score System

Aug 25, 2020 - ESL Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay! Great opportunities to teach any hour and always fully booked.

Cons

New credit score system has been terrible. I always maintained a high credit score reaching the highest pay. Since the new credit score, your score is deducted if a parent does't rate you. My credit score went from a 94 to a 78 in 3 months because parents don't want to rate you. Even if you ask them to. My pay has dropped because of this. I teach 60 classes a week and stay booked, but because parents don't feel like rating you, your credit score drops. I've never been late or had any cancellations or no shows. I still get faulted and a decrease in pay because of this. I still make around $2,500 a month, but I could get fired if my credit score continues to drop. This is with anyone so have a back up plan with another company!

20 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

good part time teaching job

Mar 6, 2021 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

early hours in the morning

Cons

hard to build up student base

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

You have to be flexible and determined

Jan 14, 2021 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Curriculum, opportunity, kids, workshops, and incentives.

Cons

Low pay, constant changes, and competition.

7. 4.0

Great company, bad policies

Jan 1, 2021 - Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

The materials were simple to teach and felt fully equipped as a TESOL teacher

Cons

their sick policies are not very good

8. 2.0

Headed downward

Jul 28, 2020 - Home-based Online English Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, fairly easy job, work with some great students

Cons

Pay changes in early 2020 meant pay cuts for many, lack of clarity in pay algorithm, used to value teachers/listen to them and now all about the bottom line, denies appeals for excused cancellations at times just because, does not answer direct questions and tickets they choose not to reply to, focuses energy and efforts into fluffy and extra things but doesn't fix ongoing problems teachers mention and send tickets about, roles out different features and changes that affect the teaching experience and then announces -oops, sorry, we didn't mean to surprise you, here's what it was. Biggest downfall- headed toward platform/app use only and app is a SERIOUS security breach to your computer. It should not need to read and edit all files to teach online. Get separate computer, use website online while you can or prepare to have all of your personal info shared with China!

6 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pros and cons of gogokid

Oct 29, 2020 - English Language Teacher in Canada, KS
      Business Outlook

Pros

It seems like a good company and pays better than most.

Cons

It is parent based booking so it seems to be very competitive amongst teachers.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It was great until sold out

Aug 7, 2020 - ESL Teacher in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The children were wonderful. Set your hours.

Cons

Company changes made requirements excessive and arbitrary

3 people found this review helpful