Goibibo Reviews | Glassdoor

Goibibo Reviews

Updated Sep 10, 2019

Found 101 reviews

3.3
Goibibo CEO Sanjay Bhasin (no image)
Sanjay Bhasin
Pros
  • "The work environment is nice and the team is also very well organised with good training given to each individual(in 9 reviews)

• "Nice work environment and energetic work culture(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Post merger with MMT, it feels like you are in a shared space b/w 2 different companies(in 4 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

1. "It was a nice experience"

Former Employee - Server in Marietta, GA

I worked at Goibibo full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice people and you get to eat a lot

Cons

non stop work sometimes rude costumers

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Goibibo2019-03-07
  2. "Want to get-start at the initial phase of career Join Ibibo"

I have been working at Goibibo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get hands on with new technology. Place to learn at the initial phase of career.

Cons

Minimum employee benefits. Work space conjusted

Goibibo2019-09-10
  3. "Excellent"

I worked at Goibibo full-time

Pros

Excellent platform for online hotel bookings

Cons

None actually. Everything works smoothly.

Goibibo2019-08-15
  4. "Awesome Work Culture"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Goibibo full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work culture is just too magnetic. For the first time I have seen people willingly spending more time than needed at the office.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons as of now

Goibibo2019-08-02
  5. "Amazing working environment"

I have been working at Goibibo full-time

Pros

1) Chill out people 2) flat hierarchy 3) Amazing learning curve

Cons

No cons as such that I could think of.

Goibibo2019-07-30
  6. "Analyst"

I worked at Goibibo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Incentives , work life balance,

Cons

Less Job stability, no support to freshers

Advice to Management

Work on HR policies and should train freshers well.

Goibibo2019-09-01
  7. "Don’t join the payments team"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Goibibo full-time for less than a year

Pros

None that I can think of Absolutely none

Cons

Long working hours Random work allocation No appreciation for good work Poor hikes No stocks and shares Especially if you are a female then you might even find the lead to be sexist Disrespectful managers; especially engineering leads There seems to be no training of leads before they are made people managers Engineering leads need to respect their reportees

Advice to Management

Remove the lead and hire someone sensible Else as has been the trend all sensible folks would leave .....

Goibibo2019-08-28

"Joke of a place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer II

I worked at Goibibo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- I can think of only one pro. People here expect you to work like labors. So if you are a newbie to the industry and have not written much code, then one pro is you get to know things pretty fast here.

Cons

- There is no stream-lined and organized way of working. The codebase is a mess in most of the team. No TDD, no OOP, no clean extensible code and not even single unit tests in most of the team. They call it "Fast Development"(LOL). So things break and you will spend a considerable amount of bandwidth in fixing bugs. And even though there is a learning curve in the first few months, after a bit it's so such redundant... and recursive. No new things to work on, no innovations (only REST). - The entire place is run by some unprofessional morons. Most of them are pretty dumb and has no professional or personal qualification to be a Manager. They expect to work till die and then work after the resurrection. - They call it a "flat hierarchy", but I swear you won't find more levels and posts in any other place (Most of them does not mean anything and just to give the employee some form of pseudo satisfaction). Hell, I have seen team lead managing a single person team(of course he was the only member in the team and he had to lead himself). - There were many great and talented people working here and most of them left. So what would you do? Of course, just hire some overpriced dumb people to fill the void. - The company with one of the worst management policies I have ever worked for. I guess Indian Mid-sized startups are a bit cheap in terms of how they treat people. But Goibibo is in another league. Management looks to deduct money from an employee's pocket every time possible. And they hire lazy HRs only on top of it. - I am not saying anything about compensation here, but they far from the industry average. So if you get an offer here, you will for sure get offers from other places with higher salary. - In the core they are Online Travel Platform with much less scale as compared to other industry giants(As much as they say I will never consider them as a Tech heavy company). So if you want to spoil your career writing CURD APIs with low scale and high latency with low salary, then this is the dream job for you.

Advice to Management

- Nothing. You guys won't listen and improve anyway.

Goibibo2019-08-20
  9. "Ok for Starting Careers"

Current Employee - Area Development Manager

I have been working at Goibibo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good to start for any entry-level employees

Cons

Work and personal not able to take care full pressure on the target on a month of the month

Goibibo2019-07-11

"No Career Growth"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore

I have been working at Goibibo full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to work closely with everyone from top to bottom. CTO and some of the top level engineering managers are very good and easy reachable.

Cons

Most of the good developers have already left the organization only because they don't consider the work done by you for appraisals, you only need one offer from another company and they will match your salary. So the only people who have grown here are who keep frequently giving notice and matching salary. Tech stalk is also quite old. There is no opportunity to grow here tech-wise and if you don't know these... unethical techniques, then your salary also won't increase. Also, the offer they give is not clear. In offer they might say you will be getting stock options but it will take years to get any and also more years to get vested. Please don't join this organization until offer is clearly made. No good development work left here.

Advice to Management

Management already knows the advice, it's just that they are too ignorant to acknowledge it and work on it.

Goibibo2019-07-18