Goibibo Senior Software Engineer II Reviews | Glassdoor

Goibibo Senior Software Engineer II Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2019

Found 2 reviews

1.8
Goibibo CEO Sanjay Bhasin (no image)
Sanjay Bhasin

"Joke of a place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer II

I worked at Goibibo full-time for more than a year

Pros

- I can think of only one pro. People here expect you to work like labors. So if you are a newbie to the industry and have not written much code, then one pro is you get to know things pretty fast here.

Cons

- There is no stream-lined and organized way of working. The codebase is a mess in most of the team. No TDD, no OOP, no clean extensible code and not even single unit tests in most of the team. They call it "Fast Development"(LOL). So things break and you will spend a considerable amount of bandwidth in fixing bugs. And even though there is a learning curve in the first few months, after a bit it's so such redundant and recursive. No new things to work on, no innovations (only REST). - The entire place is run by some unprofessional morons. Most of them are pretty dumb and has no professional or personal qualification to be a Manager. They expect to work till die and then work after the resurrection. - They call it a "flat hierarchy", but I swear you won't find more levels and posts in any other place (Most of them does not mean anything and just to give the employee some form of pseudo satisfaction). Hell, I have seen team lead managing a single person team(of course he was the only member in the team and he had to lead himself). - There were many great and talented people working here and most of them left. So what would you do? Of course, just hire some overpriced dumb people to fill the void. - The company with one of the worst management policies I have ever worked for. I guess Indian Mid-sized startups are a bit cheap in terms of how they treat people. But Goibibo is in another league. Management looks to deduct money from an employee's pocket every time possible. And they hire lazy HRs only on top of it. - I am not saying anything about compensation here, but they far from the industry average. So if you get an offer here, you will for sure get offers from other places with higher salary. - In the core they are Online Travel Platform with much less scale as compared to other industry giants(As much as they say I will never consider them as a Tech heavy company). So if you want to spoil your career writing CURD APIs with low scale and high latency with low salary, then this is the dream job for you.

Continue reading
    Goibibo2019-08-20
  2. "Lot of freedom"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer II in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Goibibo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- lot of freedom to express - great place to learn new things

Cons

- too much structure after merger with mmt

Goibibo2019-03-06