Gold Buyers at the Mall Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Danny Baruch
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Completely unrealistic expectations"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Gold Buyers at the Mall part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The (very few) people that I worked with were enjoyable and the local work environment was very laid back.

Cons

The upper levels of management expected far too much to come from the small booth that we operated. There were many days when the number of flyers that they wanted us to hand out exceeded the number of people that walked past the stand. Instead of providing suggestions for how to get more flyers out they just berated us every day.
    I also ended up being the only associate at the booth after working there for about a week, and there were times when I had to skip classes because my manager had been called away to somewhere else.
    Lastly, the commission from sales is a joke unless you work at one of the larger stores. At the booth I worked at it was impressive if you made more than a dollar extra.

Advice to Management

You need to learn to respect all of your employees. It was incredible how rude the management was to employees because location was not as lucrative as had been expected.

2. "An "okay" first Sales job"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Springfield, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Springfield, OH

I worked at Gold Buyers at the Mall full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, quality store managers, fantastic starting job in sales without a degree.

Cons

Hourly pay is minimum, and managers only get paid slightly more. Commission structure is a joke, and even top sales will not generate more than 20% added revenue.
    Layoffs when spot price of gold diminishes, constantly changing markets.
    Minimal benefits, No Vacation offered, Minimal internal growth.

Advice to Management

Flyers are not an efficient conversation starter. Regional managers are too hands on, Store managers should affect sales reps more.