Gold Coast IT Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

1. "HHA"

Former Employee - CNA/HHA in North Miami Beach, FL
    Former Employee - CNA/HHA in North Miami Beach, FL

I worked at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always Great Cases Hourly & Live In

Cons

Sometimes The Paycheck Wasn't Ready On Payday But The Day After It Was Ready

Advice to Management

Hire A Responsible Billing Personnel So Employees May Get Paid On Time Instead Of Waiting For Deposit To Go Thru

Gold Coast IT Solutions Response

Jan 4, 2017 – HR at Gold Coast

Payroll at Gold Coast is not run by an internal billing person rather it is run by ADP which is the largest payroll processing company in the US. Those electing to receive their paychecks via direct ... More

"Java Script Developer and Experience"

I worked at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time

Pros

Got exposed to cutting edge technologies, received great support and mentoring which helped develop my technical abilities to where they are now.

Cons

They are moving to doing more inhouse development so opportunities to go traveling to different locations may be becoming fewer.

Advice to Management

Would be great if there were international opportunities to go work at rather than only within the US.

3. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Java Developer
    Current Employee - Java Developer

Pros

Great Place to work with good compensation

Cons

I cannot think of any cons.

Advice to Management

I cannot think of any.

5. "General experience."

Former Employee - Java Developer
    Former Employee - Java Developer

I worked at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

thier marketing technique for their employees is very effective

Cons

they pay you very less

"Great Place to Learn and Grow"

Current Employee - Java Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GCIT is an excellent place to begin a career as a Java Developer. Great work culture, lots of opportunity to learn and grow along with fun activities. Top performers in the company are rewarded.

Cons

I have not had any unpleasant experience thus far. They have always met my expectations.

"Software Developer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Pros

not even one. They are frauds then how can there be

Cons

The are frauds.Beware.Only the interview process is professional.It is a ruthless consultancy.

"Great Company with opportunity for growth. Good culture as well."

Former Employee - Engineer
    Former Employee - Engineer

I worked at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Intelligent, savvy and engaged management at all levels. For the most part, individuals at this company are enthusiastic and dedicated. Initiative and innovation are rewarded,

Cons

Long hours and difficult to establish work life balance.

"Big Data and a MS in Computer Science"

Current Employee - Hadoop Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Hadoop Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After graduating with a MS in Computer Science and interested in Big Data, I interviewed with a lot of companies and found none of them were looking for someone like myself. I found that though I was very interested in Big Data and had taken classes on MongoDB, Hive, NoSQL etc., I did not have enough real world experience working on Big Data projects that most companies required.

Fortunately, I got connected to GCIT through a professor at my college who told me about their Tech Analyst Program which was a great entry point for graduates like myself who were willing to put the effort and hard work to build their career using some cutting edge technologies.

After being selected, I was given the option of joining their teams at either Amazon or Capital One. I chose Amazon as it was in Seattle, WA which gave me the opportunity to go back to Seattle my favorite city and also the city where I had completed my under grad.

Once recruited, the first few months, I trained and worked with developers supporting the project from the GCIT office and only went to Seattle to support implementation releases.

This exposure helped nurture and develop my skills in an environment conducive to learning and growth without the pressures of client interfacing which accompanied by the guidance of the mentor assigned to me helped greatly improve my learning curve.

Now I am permanently stationed in Seattle for the next year and an integral part of this project at Amazon. I am ever thankful to my professor for connecting me to GCIT where I have the opportunity to actually use some of the technologies that I heard in college would be changing the way people look at the IT industry.

Cons

The company should increase the number of grads it inducts into its Tech Analyst Program

"My Employer"

Current Employee - Java Software Developer in Rancho Cordova, CA
    Current Employee - Java Software Developer in Rancho Cordova, CA

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The Tech Analyst Program here is one of a kind – ideal for graduates who are looking to build their careers learning and working with some cutting edge technologies at some of the biggest names in the industry. My experience here started when I joined after graduating from Carnegie Mellon University with a degree in CS in 2009; one of the worst times to graduate due to the financial crisis. Being an international student and needing sponsorship to stay and remain in the US, I was desperate for opportunities but unwilling to compromise and take up entry level positions, especially those that were not challenging or providing the right platform for me develop my Tech skill set. I was in a state of quandary, as it seemed like none of the big names were keen to make the financial outlay to sponsor and hire international students. I was about to give up hope and planning to return to India when a friend recommended GCIT. It seemed like a great opportunity, as they were recruiting for their Tech Analyst Program for folks interested in careers in Java and willing to sponsor folks like me for a H1-B visa. After a very rigorous interviewing process which included an Online test, followed by a Tech Interview and finally a Client Services team interview at their Washington DC office, luck was on my side and I was extended an opportunity to work using Java JSF at their project at JP Morgan Chase in Wilmington, Delaware. It was kind of ironic that I would be ending up working at JPMC as they had come interviewing on campus but had not extended an offer. Before I started at JPMC, I went through an on-boarding process at the GCIT facility in Tyson’s Corner, VA where I went through close to 6 weeks of very intensive Java training. This was very demanding as this was very hands on and required all day training for 5 days a week, for 5 weeks without break and included visits to the JPMC project location where I got the chance to meet and work alongside developers who were already deployed at the JPMC Project. The hands on along with customized training tailored to the project where I was going to be deployed greatly helped me in developing my Java skills and building confidence in my abilities. As part of the Tech Analyst Program you have the option to rotate either within the same organization or change domains after one year at a client. Hence after year one, I ended up opting to work on the Ebay project in CA. Apart from being on the West Coast, this opportunity gave me the chance to get involved in real time analytics using Big Data, Hadoop and MapReduce and opened a totally new world in technology to me. Today, close to 5 years after being out of college, on my second H1-B visa and with projects at JPMC, Ebay, Goldman Sachs and Amazon; I’ve transitioned from being a Java Developer to a Hadoop Developer and am enjoying every bit of this ever changing dynamic world within Big Data. Looking back its been an awesome journey and am every thankful to destiny that I did not in desperation settle for a dead end career like some of my friends did at that time.

Cons

Over the years, the company has become very selective in it’s recruiting (mainly recruiting from top programs) and I feel that they may be overlooking many candidates who given the type of mentoring and training that I received when I started could be great resources.

Advice to Management

Recently a lot of the incentive compensation has transitioned to being cash and bonus based. I would recommend that they still offer employees the option to receive these rewards also in stock so folks could further partake in the company’s success and benefit when the IPO happens.

11. "Good people, big dreams and a great company"

Current Employee - Java Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Gold Coast IT Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The coming together of some of the most brilliant folks that I've ever worked with, a collaborative work environment and a culture where average is not an option make this a great incubator for folks who love technology and programming. The mentoring and direction that I received here helped jumpstart my once flagging career. The profit sharing program being open to all employees allows the opportunity for even new recruits to share in the success of the company. Finally, the client services team puts a lot of thought in matching each person completing the Tech Analyst Program with an opportunity that matches their skill set best.

Cons

Not much to say here been really enjoying my time here.

Advice to Management

Currently those in their first two years with the company are not considered to work on any of the international projects at Gold Coast. I think the opportunity to get international work experience and exposure in the beginning of one's career could be pivotal in todays recruits being global leaders tomorrow.