Gold's Gym Reviews
53% would recommend to a friend
(2096 total reviews)
69% approve of CEO
Found 2,096 of over 2K reviews
Updated Nov 23, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Low pay and very part time work" (in 194 reviews)
- "poor management and long work hours" (in 165 reviews)
- "No benefits and the hours can be long" (in 60 reviews)
- "I had 5 different managers in my 2 years there." (in 41 reviews)
- "I was recruitEd as health and fitness instructor and after 3 months they started forcing for personal training clients." (in 39 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Gold's Gym and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Nov 20, 2023Group Fitness InstructorFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsSaint Louis, MO
Had great management who fought for their instructor team. Great members generally and diverse class styles and selection.
Toxic culture and drama on occasion, lack of cultural diversity. Better pay for the work endured to teach a class. Big amount of unpaid labor
- 1.0Nov 15, 2023General ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsAustin, TX
There is nothing positive I can say about this company.
After the company was purchased things seemed to improve, however he left the old senior management in place. After the owner passed away, the senior management went back to their old ways. One senior leader based in College Station is the worst. He belittles people in front of others and if you complain to HR it goes right back to him since they have been friends for years.
- 4.0Oct 24, 2023SalesCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsAustin, TX
They work with you. It's also a very motivating place to work!
Pandemic caused it to slow dramatically. Gym sales need to lean on more corporate sales to see results! In gym, sales and retention is a HARD balancing act.
- 4.0Oct 24, 2023Personal TrainerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearAnaheim, CA
Minimal overhead with unlimited upside to learn the fundamentals of sales and practical personal training.
Cold calling and approaches in the gym rarely work, which our managers pushed heavily.
Gold's Gym Reviews FAQs
Gold's Gym has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 2,241 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at Gold's Gym to a friend and 44% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
53% of Gold's Gym employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gold's Gym 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.