Goldbelt Hawk Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Strong team ethos"

Current Intern - Business Development Intern in Newport News, VA
    Current Intern - Business Development Intern in Newport News, VA

I have been working at Goldbelt Hawk as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I'll keep my review short, but Goldbelt Hawk is a good company to work for because they have a strong team ethos that just seems to come naturally. They care and put their people first.

Cons

Cannot think of any cons.

2. "Pleasant Experience"

Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Fort Meade, MD
    Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst in Fort Meade, MD

I worked at Goldbelt Hawk full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have had nothing but a great experience working with this company. I worked at a remote location so I had very little experience with the company personnel. However, every time I reached out and asked for guidance, I was given their full attention and support. I’ve cherished my time with this company and will continue to support them in any way possible.

Cons

For a company that I’ve been working for the past 2-3 years, I only know one person. It can be hard to feel like I’m a part of the team.

Advice to Management

Hire more people. There are positions that can become a single point of failure if something were to happen. I want to watch this company succeed. Best of luck to you all.

3. "Overall a great experience"

Former Employee - Senior UNIX Administrator in Kittery, ME
    Former Employee - Senior UNIX Administrator in Kittery, ME

I worked at Goldbelt Hawk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was fair based on market rate. Management was easy going, and communication was frank, informative and to the point. Positions available at good postings.

Cons

It was hard at times to get ahold of people within the organization as the company is on the smaller end of things.

Advice to Management

Personnel has been overall pleasant to deal with, but you need a few more people to manage the accounts you have thus far.

4. "Great Company"

I have been working at Goldbelt Hawk full-time

Pros

Excellent, family-like atmosphere. Tremendous opportunities for growth, self-mastery, and cross training. Solid benefits and work-life balance. Little bureaucracy for day to day activities

Cons

No real cons, but larger decisions and HR go through the parent company and can slow things down, but that has been the case everywhere I have worked.

5. "Training Division"

Current Employee - Training Division
    Current Employee - Training Division

I have been working at Goldbelt Hawk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Positive environment, highly skilled individuals, family friendly. Leadership guidance is clear, strategic planning is well thought out and obtainable. Co-workers are friendly, helpful and team oriented. Customer care and focus seems to be the common thread and foundation of success. Employees are from a variety of backgrounds and experiences to include all DoD services. A truly fun place to work.

Cons

Commute to work can be long due to the traffic (tunnels and bridges) and accidents. Exit 258A is dangerous if not familiar with the 8 o'clock daily flow. Goldbelt Hawk name is not as well known to general public as it should be...marketing through customer service satisfaction is a great model but only reaches those customers and the GbHawk team, doesn't reach the masses.

Advice to Management

Continue moving forward and treating people as valued members of the team. Invest in the people, and they will take ownership of the mission.

6. "Developer"

I worked at Goldbelt Hawk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For the most part, it was an 8 hour a day job.

Cons

No development environment, I had to do development in production. Very hostile and oppressive work environment. Sweat shop would be an accurate description. Wives of Management threatened workers during the Xmas party.

Advice to Management

Learn to value your employees and not treat them like cattle.

7. "Company is crap.. Hire all employees over the phone. Manager argues with employees"

Former Employee - Help Desk Specialist
    Former Employee - Help Desk Specialist

I worked at Goldbelt Hawk full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay, vacation , co wokers, office

Cons

Manager lies, changes schedule without telling employees. No onsite manager! Avoid this company!

Advice to Management

Manage

8. "Great Working Environment & Company"

Former Contractor - Senior Technical Writer & Documentation Specialist in Washington, DC

I worked at Goldbelt Hawk as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Goldbelt Hawk truly provides a great working environment with friendly and highly skilled individuals! GBHawk also has great relationships with its clients/clientele. From day one this was apparent and as a result job stability in the future is a +. As an 8a company, there was no worry about going through a bid process but rather a funding and relationship development process. This too helped in keeping individuals employed. The management at the local office was excellent and would fight for future opportunities for you to grow in the workplace and through eTraining coursework. In addition to the above, they provided generous pay and benefits!

Cons

The only con I can possibly come up with is that there wasn't very much flexibility in regards to working remotely/telecommuting. However, this was at no fault of their own, but a rule established by their client in which I provided services to. Now I'm sure this will change over time, but as I said, its the only downside I could see.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and taking care of your employees as you already do!

9. "Small company - Big Potential"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Yorktown, VA
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Yorktown, VA

Pros

Very competitive salary, willing to work with what you need, allows telecommuting if reasonable, looks out for the employee.

Cons

Small company so doesn't have a whole lot of work, lots of folks wear multiple hats meaning that the management is often stressed and distracted from smaller needs.

Advice to Management

Try and gain more contracts that you already have the specialists to accomplish.

10. "Working at GbHawk"

Pros

flexible schedule, good pay and team atmosphere

Cons

growing too fast, hard to understand and work with co-employer, employees located away from headquarters makes communication more difficult for most

Advice to Management

be mindful when hiring middle and upper management and verify they have the skills they are professing to have; also remember that everyone has a value when it comes bonus time and people talk so be fair