Goldberg Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Extremely happy here!"

Current Employee - Regional Property Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Property Manager

I have been working at Goldberg Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smaller, family feel. Love that I am a name and not a number. Owners and Senior Management team care about their employees. I have always felt appreciated and important. In my time with the company, I have seen many employees promoted from within. That shows me this company values their people and rewards those who work hard. This is not a sit on your hands and wait type of company, be ready to work hard, but also be ready to be to be rewarded and appreciated for that hard work. Benefits are very good, especially for this being a smaller company. Insurance premiums are extremely affordable comparable to other companies. Generous vacation and PTO package.

Cons

Some systems/work flow could use updating, but I know there are plans to make changes in the pipeline. Integrate systems to lessen onsite work load and free up time for other day to day needs.

Advice to Management

Continue to show appreciation to employees. During this time of growth, work to keep the same family feel.

"Don't make the mistake of thinking you are different"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Goldberg Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upper management will cover up your mistakes and allow you great freedom if you agree to be a "follower"
    As long as you aren't a free thinker you will have it made with GCI

Cons

Very deceitful VP, Regionals, and PM's. Working with them is the equivalent of being back in high school. They will judge you in your interview and if they think you'll fit in and they can control you-great! The moment you stand up for yourself, share an idea of your own, express legitimate business practice concerns-you're done. The turnover of employees at their properties is absurd! They can not seem to keep ANYONE in a position for more than a year if that. People warned me before I started, but I didn't listen. I observed the unfair treatment, caddy behavior, and unprofessionalism for awhile before, thankfully, getting out. They do not put any minorities or men in a position of power-only female Caucasians can join their sorority. It's very sad...the new properties are gorgeous, however, the GCI name is being ran into the ground right under the owners nose.

Advice to Management

Clean house. Put the proper people in a position of power, and appreciate all employees

"Community Manager"

I worked at Goldberg Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supportive management, family owned, positive work environment, opportunity for growth, new construction in prime, accessible locations. Fantastic training both in house and through associations.

Cons

Some antiquated systems and technology. When I left the industry for the commercial side, they were in the process of streamlining in an effort to improve procedures. Can imagine it's quite a different company now, with respect to that.

4. "11+ years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goldberg Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Long term asset holders, family feel, everyone has a voice, great product and locations, high customer satisfaction

Cons

A few aged accounting practices, but program currently in place to significantly improve

5. "Fantastic Company To Work For!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goldberg Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company environment, upper management truly cares about its employees, room for growth, exciting new properties being built every year and owns/manages properties.

Cons

No properties in the heart of uptown Charlotte yet - fast growing city.

6. "Leasing Consultant"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Concord, NC
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Concord, NC

I have been working at Goldberg Companies full-time

Pros

I absolutely love working for GCI! I've been in the property management industry for a while now, and GCI is hands down the best company I've worked with yet (this is the 3rd property management group I've been with). The people are amazing and are always willing to train me to further my career potential. I'm looking forward to staying on board with GCI for a very very long time!

Cons

My office is too close to Chick-fil-A. (which makes me want to eat it everyday...) Not really a Con, more of a Pro... but still.

"Be careful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Goldberg Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. Early on the first couple years it seemed to be a great company very interested in your growth & sucess & the sucess of others.

Cons

Very political, plays favorites you will never get promoted unless you are in the inner circle.
    Is ran like it is a business from the 80s....very out of date. The manager's never work weekends.You are not allowed to take vacation during black out dates like summer or leasing season. They will be ask crazy things of you like to conduct a "fire watch" where you have to get up every hour on the hour to see if one of the buildings is on fire.
    You will not be promoted. Plan for that....If you are looking for a company to grow with...Keep looking....

Advice to Management

Pay your bills so vendors are not cut off, so you have essential services to provide to the residents. Keep your promises!
    The company was so much better a few years ago....go back to that model...I loved that company!

8. "Property Management"

I worked at Goldberg Companies full-time

Pros

Great group of owners to work for.

Cons

Somewhat lower pay than comparable companies.

9. "Supportive and empowering work environment"

I have been working at Goldberg Companies full-time

Pros

Management is invested in your success and helps you to grow. Company has a great culture, work environment is fast paced and challenging as well as friendly and supportive. Hard work is expected but is also appreciated. There is definitely a team mentality that resonates here, and there's enthusiasm about the industry and company growth. I didn't originate in the multifamily industry but find it to be very engaging and interesting, much more so than from where I came. I feel fortunate to work here, I would never have said that about my former place of employment.

Cons

The traffic in the area is frustrating and it makes my commute to work longer than I'd like, but that's not something that can be changed.

Advice to Management

Thanks for caring about your employees, we notice and appreciate it.

10. "Property Manager"

Pros

Benefits, Company Culture, Bonus structure, Advancement Opportunities

Cons

None to list at this time