Goldberg Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Larry Goldberg

1. "Community Manager"

I worked at Goldberg Companies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supportive management, family owned, positive work environment, opportunity for growth, new construction in prime, accessible locations. Fantastic training both in house and through associations.

Cons

Some antiquated systems and technology. When I left the industry for the commercial side, they were in the process of streamlining in an effort to improve procedures. Can imagine it's quite a different company now, with respect to that.

2. "11+ years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goldberg Companies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Long term asset holders, family feel, everyone has a voice, great product and locations, high customer satisfaction

Cons

A few aged accounting practices, but program currently in place to significantly improve

3. "Fantastic Company To Work For!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Goldberg Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small company environment, upper management truly cares about its employees, room for growth, exciting new properties being built every year and owns/manages properties.

Cons

No properties in the heart of uptown Charlotte yet - fast growing city.

5. "Leasing Consultant"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Concord, NC
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Concord, NC

I have been working at Goldberg Companies full-time

Pros

I absolutely love working for GCI! I've been in the property management industry for a while now, and GCI is hands down the best company I've worked with yet (this is the 3rd property management group I've been with). The people are amazing and are always willing to train me to further my career potential. I'm looking forward to staying on board with GCI for a very very long time!

Cons

My office is too close to Chick-fil-A. (which makes me want to eat it everyday...) Not really a Con, more of a Pro... but still.

6. "Be careful"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Goldberg Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. Early on the first couple years it seemed to be a great company very interested in your growth & sucess & the sucess of others.

Cons

Very political, plays favorites you will never get promoted unless you are in the inner circle.
    Is ran like it is a business from the 80s....very out of date. The manager's never work weekends.You are not allowed to take vacation during black out dates like summer or leasing season. They will be ask crazy things of you like to conduct a "fire watch" where you have to get up every hour on the hour to see if one of the buildings is on fire.
    You will not be promoted. Plan for that....If you are looking for a company to grow with...Keep looking....

Advice to Management

Pay your bills so vendors are not cut off, so you have essential services to provide to the residents. Keep your promises!
    The company was so much better a few years ago....go back to that model...I loved that company!

7. "Property Management"

I worked at Goldberg Companies full-time

Pros

Great group of owners to work for.

Cons

Somewhat lower pay than comparable companies.

8. "Truth Be Told"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Goldberg Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very lax working environment. No micro managing.

Cons

Pay scale, bonus structure, benefits are all significantly lower than most companies.
    Definitely not an equal opportunity employer. You will only advance if you are "in" with the "click"
    Hard work means nothing to this company. I worked with more than 5 people (office and maintenance) that's skill set was nowhere near where it should be to obtain the positions. Hiring standards are LOW!! Promises are not kept, little to no appreciation for hard work. Instead of being written up for wrong doings this company just transfers the person to a sister property.

Advice to Management

HR, owners...take notice and see that the Southeast Region has HUGE turnover. There is a reason!!

9. "Supportive and empowering work environment"

I have been working at Goldberg Companies full-time

Pros

Management is invested in your success and helps you to grow. Company has a great culture, work environment is fast paced and challenging as well as friendly and supportive. Hard work is expected but is also appreciated. There is definitely a team mentality that resonates here, and there's enthusiasm about the industry and company growth. I didn't originate in the multifamily industry but find it to be very engaging and interesting, much more so than from where I came. I feel fortunate to work here, I would never have said that about my former place of employment.

Cons

The traffic in the area is frustrating and it makes my commute to work longer than I'd like, but that's not something that can be changed.

Advice to Management

Thanks for caring about your employees, we notice and appreciate it.

10. "Property Manager"

Pros

Benefits, Company Culture, Bonus structure, Advancement Opportunities

Cons

None to list at this time

11. "Looks can be deceiving"

I have been working at Goldberg Companies full-time

Pros

Very laid back atmosphere where you will not get written up for not doing your job...as long as you agree with everything your superiors say.

Cons

You have to be in the "click" in order to advance. You're required to drink alcohol with the socialites or you are black listed

Advice to Management

Get better LEADERS and not emotionally driven, gossipy women to dictate the company.