Found 19 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good money don’t have to share tips you determine how much you make extra shifts always available" (in 48 reviews)
- "Great people to work with" (in 46 reviews)
- "Coworkers are great." (in 40 reviews)
- "Free Food! Owner allows and wants you to fix everything and have whatever tools you need to be successful!" (in 34 reviews)
- "Meet great guests and great employees and made friends" (in 17 reviews)
- "Management was horrible they did not know how to motivate employees or how to keep inventory." (in 84 reviews)
- "Managers are rude and passive aggressive" (in 56 reviews)
- "long hours and your never going to be rich but you can get the bills paid" (in 51 reviews)
- "Low Pay and Long Hpurs" (in 51 reviews)
- "Very long hours, labor expectations are absurd, corporate upper management is pompous and unrealistic in their expectations." (in 20 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Golden Corral and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "golden corral"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Nov 18, 2019Senior Vice President DevelopmentCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsRaleigh, NC
Golden Corral is a 46 yr old company that has a deep rich culture. They care about their people and have a people first approach to running the business. Being under private ownership allow them to take a long term approach to the business.
Many of the stores are older, but they are doing a lot of remodeling across the system.Golden Corral Response5y
Thanks for sharing your insight with us and for being an integral part of the Golden Corral team! We truly value you.
- 5.0Jul 27, 2021Senior Vice PresidentCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Golden Corral is a special company made up of truly good people. It feels like family here!
I do not have any cons, I love working at Golden Corral. It is a great place to work.
- 5.0Nov 18, 2019Franchise Business ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Golden Corral offers everyone an opportunity to grow and advance.
Achieving desirable work/life balance can be a challenge.Golden Corral Response5y
Thanks for the kind words and for being an integral part of the Golden Corral team! We truly value you.
- 2.0Oct 9, 2018ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsSpring, TX
I worked for one the best owners that a person could. Mr. Robles was one of the smartest person that I ever worked for in my whole life. Also, he is a very fair person. He is the only person that I felt bad about giving my notice. I have rejoiced in giving my notice to leave to other companies. The franchisee did not offer health insurance, and I am 54 years old. Mr. Robles is the man!
Our management turned around a store that the former CEO (Ted Fowler) said that the Golden Corral in Spring,TX needs leadership. When the store was turned around, sales up! Try way up! We were sold like a piece of meat. There was no insurance no nothing! So beware of no limited bonus, I got sold like a slave going south down the Mississippi River. I worked with some of the most incompetent managers at the Spring Golden Corral that you have ever seen. Restaurants eat managers. I survived the worst Golden Corral and thrived. Beware of there promises of unlimited bonus, a really good bonus will get you sold like a slave.Golden Corral Response6y
We appreciate your thoughtful insight. Thanks for being part of the Golden Corral team and serving our guests. Good luck in your future career moves.
- 5.0Jun 12, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsBrandon, FL
I work in Golden Corral since 2006 I love my store I love that I can work with people and do what I love
For me none is perfect for me
- 4.0Aug 12, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
best reason to work at golden corral is to meet new friendly people and to help others.
Downsides of working in some places you have to stay up on your feet.
- 5.0Oct 11, 2016Associate ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 years
Great company with great leadership
I wish every Golden Corral out there would have as great leadership as ours!
- 5.0Apr 8, 2016Server/WaiterCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsHesperia, CA
I have worked in many restaurants over the last 12 years. Golden corral has a product I can stand behind. Good, fresh, food! What's makes our golden corral the best, are the owners! I've worked for these men for over half a decade. They are hard working owners, that work WITH us on a daily basis. My boss will be working in the dish room at least once a day. I have a loyal customer basis that have followed me to golden corral and they enjoy the business and the customer service. I also have amazing Co workers with a great group of peopleve amazing Co workers with a great group of peopleve amazing Co workers with a great group of people that opened this location with me and have stayed loyal to golden corral. I was a kitchen manager for red lobster and I will not eat there! I will eat at Golden corral any day. Our owners work hand in hand with the local community, they are courteous to work, home, and school scheduling an overall great place to work for. A big thank you to my bosses! And GOLDEN CORRAL !
You are going to have issues at any job in the food industry, and they vary from from front of house to back of house, to management. I think we have had numbs in all areas, but we have a great base. Golden corral has a strong product, that employees to stand behind. We have fair pricing. Our issues would be more ironing out management issues.