Golden Corral Employee Reviews about "long hours"
63% would recommend to a friend
(73 total reviews)
75% approve of CEO
Found 73 of over 1K reviews
Updated Nov 29, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good money don’t have to share tips you determine how much you make extra shifts always available" (in 48 reviews)
- "Great people to work with" (in 46 reviews)
- "Coworkers are great." (in 40 reviews)
- "Free Food! Owner allows and wants you to fix everything and have whatever tools you need to be successful!" (in 34 reviews)
- "Meet great guests and great employees and made friends" (in 17 reviews)
- "Management was horrible they did not know how to motivate employees or how to keep inventory." (in 84 reviews)
- "Managers are rude and passive aggressive" (in 56 reviews)
- "long hours and your never going to be rich but you can get the bills paid" (in 51 reviews)
- "Low Pay and Long Hpurs" (in 51 reviews)
- "Very long hours, labor expectations are absurd, corporate upper management is pompous and unrealistic in their expectations." (in 20 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Golden Corral and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "long hours"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Oct 1, 2023Server/WaitressFormer Employee, less than 1 yearCollege Station, TX
I was hired right away so I can work a holiday weekend. I was able to supplement my income for several months when I really needed it.
Long hours and people do not always tip.
- 2.0Oct 31, 2018Store ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLansing, MI
Pay was ok but hours are long and 5 and 6 days a week is stupid .
Franchise operators are very understaffed and under paid. No benefits no break from 65 hours a weekGolden Corral Response6y
Thanks for sharing your insight with us. Working in the restaurant industry does often mean working holidays and long hours. We appreciate everyone at Golden Corral who works hard to serve our guests.
- 1.0Aug 4, 2017Front Line/CashierCurrent EmployeeVirginia Beach, VA
you very nice crew to work with.
some of the Manager in golden corral doesn't know how to treat there employees. especially when we change our new system I have been helping the staff how to work it. manager just got back from vacation I was in her way and she shoved me when I asked her our system changed and she said yes I know how to work it then she said move I got this and I was trying to ring up by guest and then she shoved me. Staff always calling out and its hard on other employee when we are stock working long hours and not taking breaks.
- 3.0Nov 12, 2016Department SupervisorFormer Employee, more than 1 yearSpringfield, IL
good people to work with and for
long hours and your never going to be rich but you can get the bills paid
- 1.0Jun 15, 2016Bakery ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLebanon, PA
The other coworkers (not management)
Management issues Long work hours with no breaks Not have enough staff to help Dirty Cockroaches1