Golden Events Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 60 reviews

3.5
Golden Events Group CEO Kaitlin McGarry
Kaitlin McGarry
Pros
  • "What most excited me when I was job searching was the incredible opportunity that Golden Events offers(in 7 reviews)

• "Golden Events Group is an amazing company to work for(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work hours are usually 12hr a day with little to no work-life balance(in 6 reviews)

• "Takes a lot of hard work day in and day out to reach your goals(in 5 reviews)

"A good environment for growth"

I worked at Golden Events Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I learn how to communicate with any personality types, manage inventory and be promoted to a leadership. Also I really appreciate to have this opportunity to resource successful people here and gain their recommendations for me to move forward in the long term. Thank you all so much!

Cons

It takes a lot of time to learn and grow within this business, but I understand the further promotion need the hard effort.

Golden Events Group2019-03-08

March 11, 2019Owner

Thank you for your feedback! Our goal is to cross train someone in all parts of our business so they feel fully confident in a management position. We appreciate all of your hard work!

"not what I expected"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Golden Events Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

- a great jobs of you are interested in sales - you get to work alongside some great people

Cons

- salary completely commission based (which is something they don't tell you in the interview process) - no work/life balance

Golden Events Group2019-05-06

May 9, 2019Owner

Thank you for your feedback! However, we are not completely commission based, we thoroughly break down the pay structure in the third round interview and in new hire paperwork. We do also request each employee sign paperwork after reviewing so there is there is full transparency on ...

3. "Great place"

I worked at Golden Events Group full-time

Pros

Great company environment. Love the team of committed people.

Cons

High turnover. No other cons other!

Golden Events Group2019-04-04

April 7, 2019Owner

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate having you on our team!

"My Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Golden Events Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I have known the owner for two and a half years now. She is such a great person! I have had so much fun watching her grow and sharing experiences with her and the team. My favorite memory with her was rooming together at a conference in Newport Beach with some of our other colleagues. Even though it was a work function it was so fun too. She is a beast in business. Quiet, but a killer! This girl knows how to let her actions...

Cons

really no negatives with our relationship

Golden Events Group2019-02-21

February 25, 2019Owner

Thank you for your feedback on our partnership! We appreciate all positive relationships we build!

"Giving Back"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Golden Events Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was so excited to be apart of a growing company that was so intent on not just giving back to everyone "on the team", but also to shelters, charities and community in general. I was able to work here for almost a year and was thrilled with all I took away about management in everything from inventory to team building. Really motivated me to give back more to everyone I worked with.

Cons

If you're not intentional about your growth, you won't progress like you need to.

Golden Events Group2019-02-09

February 18, 2019Owner

Thank you for your feedback on our community outreach, it's something we're very proud of. We're so happy you learned so much while you were with us, we wish you the best of luck in your future career!

"Quality Experience"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Golden Events Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Positive Atmosphere, Motivated Individuals, Fast-paced, Performance-based.

Cons

Time-consuming, rapid turnover, high-intensity

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It's good.

Golden Events Group2019-02-04

February 4, 2019Owner

Thank you for our feedback about our atmosphere and our team!

"You get back what you put in!"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Golden Events Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Success is earned, not given. Kaitlin will challenge you to constantly strive to grow and improve! You are given opportunities to improve your skills and learn new things. This job is not for everyone. To be successful, one must be willing to work hard, have a positive attitude, and be open to feedback. Above all, one must be willing to face challenges without backing down. It can be easy to give up and choose something...

Cons

The program is intense and is not for everyone! The work can be mentally challenging, but well worth it to those who are seriously looking for a challenge!

Advice to Management

Encourage people to say no to those they think might not be good fit for the program. GEG has gotten an undeserved bad reputation because the wrong people were hired and came in with bad attitudes. People make mistakes, but the whole point of the program is to learn from those mistakes! Keep doing what you are doing and I will see you guys at the top!

Golden Events Group2019-01-19

January 21, 2019Owner

Thank you for your feedback! We consider our employees advice invaluable and we can always improve. We appreciate having you on our team!

"Best experience Iv ever had."

Current Employee - Campaign Manager

I have been working at Golden Events Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

They pay based on work ethic. The more you do, the more you make. The environment is amazing and the training is exceptional. I would not trade the knowledge iv gained here for anything. Even if I quit today (which I would not do) I would have learned more here in less than a year than the accumulating years previous in work and school.

Cons

Work can be challanging. It is physically the easiest job Iv ever had. Mental challanges include being accountable to your own growth and adapting to constant change while in training.

Advice to Management

Dont change a thing. Making people work hard for their own success is the best most effective part of this business. If people want great rewards they need to be willing to give it al they got.

Golden Events Group2019-01-09

January 14, 2019Owner

Thank you for your feedback, we want to incentivize those that work hard and we're happy you're part of our team!

"great leadership, team environment, and marketing/management experience!"

Former Employee - Event Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Golden Events Group full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

There is definitely room for upward mobility. The leadership is awesome. Kaitlin is fun, knowledgable, and you can tell that she gets to know each team member. Max is sharp and has such useful feedback- he will definitely make you the best version of yourself. The team culture is so supportive. There are team nights once a month that are really great for bonding, networking, and learning from each other. Even the front...

Cons

The position, especially the management training, can be intense; it is well worth it but not for everyone!

Advice to Management

Thank you so much for pouring so much into me over the last two years! I miss you guys already, but it's because of you that I have been able to blossom in my career!

Golden Events Group2019-01-16

"Absolutely Worth It"

I have been working at Golden Events Group full-time

Pros

Working at Golden Events Group has been everything I have looked for at every other company. This one is it! The atmosphere, the possibilities, and the main reason why I work, the Money. And another thing that makes this cooperation stand out, not only are we giving them our time, the Executives will literally reach out to you and give you their personal time and feedback.

Cons

Even the front office has a nice aura. I can’t complain.

Advice to Management

Max, your motivational speeches are awesome!

Golden Events Group2019-01-07

January 14, 2019Owner

Thank you for your feedback about what we offer! We pride ourselves on reaching out to every team member and get to know them.

Found 60 reviews