KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 65 of over 68 reviews

3.2
Golden Events Group Owner Kaitlin McGarry
Kaitlin McGarry
Pros
  • "Golden Events Group is an amazing company to work for(in 7 reviews)

• "Amazing energy in the morning meetings, your co workers are amazing and build you up(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Moderately poor work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• "Work hours are usually 12hr a day with little to no work-life balance(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Very geared towards growth

Jan 8, 2020 - Campaign Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth Mentorship Leadership Experience Opportunity

Cons

Moderately poor work life balance

Be the first to find this review helpful

Owner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our company! Although, we'd love to help you with your work/life balance. Please email our team to meet with Golden Event Group's executive manager to see how we can help you and alleviate any balancing challenges! We're looking forward to hearing from you and we're thankful to have you on our team!

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Long hours but very supportive management

Jan 12, 2021 - Campaign Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very positive group and office atmosphere

Cons

There are a lot of expectations for overtime

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

You get back what you put in!

Jan 18, 2019 - Campaign Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Success is earned, not given. Kaitlin will challenge you to constantly strive to grow and improve! You are given opportunities to improve your skills and learn new things. This job is not for everyone. To be successful, one must be willing to work hard, have a positive attitude, and be open to feedback. Above all, one must be willing to face challenges without backing down. It can be easy to give up and choose something that may look easier. However, one would be doing themselves a disservice if they were to quit too early! Nothing is hidden from us and everything is out in the open to those who are willing to take the time to ask questions! Kaitlin is a lot of fun and I have learned more from this program than over five years of college! Even if you decide this is not the job for you, the skills learned in this program can and have helped people succeed in their desired career paths!

Cons

The program is intense and is not for everyone! The work can be mentally challenging, but well worth it to those who are seriously looking for a challenge!

13 people found this review helpful

Owner

Thank you for your feedback! We consider our employees advice invaluable and we can always improve. We appreciate having you on our team!

4. 2.0

Not great tbh

Mar 10, 2020 - Campaign Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are upbeat office atmo is great good sense of community

Cons

Look this is not what it says it is. the interview process is never over They will send you to stores that do not make any demographic sense and when you struggle the blame is squarely on your shoulders. and when you advance you will straight up get more work for the same pay. work-life balance is nonexistent when accounting for all of the things on the side that isn't "required" but will put you in a bad light

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best experience Iv ever had.

Jan 9, 2019 - Campaign Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

They pay based on work ethic. The more you do, the more you make. The environment is amazing and the training is exceptional. I would not trade the knowledge iv gained here for anything. Even if I quit today (which I would not do) I would have learned more here in less than a year than the accumulating years previous in work and school.

Cons

Work can be challanging. It is physically the easiest job Iv ever had. Mental challanges include being accountable to your own growth and adapting to constant change while in training.

15 people found this review helpful

Owner

Thank you for your feedback, we want to incentivize those that work hard and we're happy you're part of our team!

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

great leadership, team environment, and marketing/management experience!

Jan 16, 2019 - Event Manager in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is definitely room for upward mobility. The leadership is awesome. Kaitlin is fun, knowledgable, and you can tell that she gets to know each team member. Max is sharp and has such useful feedback- he will definitely make you the best version of yourself. The team culture is so supportive. There are team nights once a month that are really great for bonding, networking, and learning from each other. Even the front admin staff are sharp, friendly, and super helpful! I learned so much at this position that I have been able to apply in my career moving forward.

Cons

The position, especially the management training, can be intense; it is well worth it but not for everyone!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

An excellent company for growth!

Jul 18, 2019 - Business Administrator in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

This company allows for so much personal and professional growth. They give you all the skills and tools to help further your career.

Cons

Due to the short training period, you have to put a little more time than a typical 9-5; but definitely worth the extra work!

1 person found this review helpful

Owner

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate having you on our team!

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A good environment for growth

Mar 7, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I learn how to communicate with any personality types, manage inventory and be promoted to a leadership. Also I really appreciate to have this opportunity to resource successful people here and gain their recommendations for me to move forward in the long term. Thank you all so much!

Cons

It takes a lot of time to learn and grow within this business, but I understand the further promotion need the hard effort.

12 people found this review helpful

Owner

Thank you for your feedback! Our goal is to cross train someone in all parts of our business so they feel fully confident in a management position. We appreciate all of your hard work!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

My Experience

Feb 20, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have known the owner for two and a half years now. She is such a great person! I have had so much fun watching her grow and sharing experiences with her and the team. My favorite memory with her was rooming together at a conference in Newport Beach with some of our other colleagues. Even though it was a work function it was so fun too. She is a beast in business. Quiet, but a killer! This girl knows how to let her actions and results speak!!

Cons

really no negatives with our relationship

Owner

Thank you for your feedback on our partnership! We appreciate all positive relationships we build!

10. 5.0

Giving Back

Feb 9, 2019 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was so excited to be apart of a growing company that was so intent on not just giving back to everyone "on the team", but also to shelters, charities and community in general. I was able to work here for almost a year and was thrilled with all I took away about management in everything from inventory to team building. Really motivated me to give back more to everyone I worked with.

Cons

If you're not intentional about your growth, you won't progress like you need to.

Owner

Thank you for your feedback on our community outreach, it's something we're very proud of. We're so happy you learned so much while you were with us, we wish you the best of luck in your future career!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 65 Reviews