Golden Events Group Reviews

Updated Mar 10, 2020

3.2
Golden Events Group Owner Kaitlin McGarry
Kaitlin McGarry
Pros
  • "Golden Events Group is an amazing company to work for(in 7 reviews)

• "Everything since I have been at Golden Events Group has been nothing short of a positive, challenging and team oriented atmosphere(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Moderately poor work life balance(in 8 reviews)

• "Takes a lot of hard work day in and day out to reach your goals(in 5 reviews)

1. "Very geared towards growth"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager

I have been working at Golden Events Group full-time

Pros

Growth Mentorship Leadership Experience Opportunity

Cons

Moderately poor work life balance

January 13, 2020Owner

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on our company! Although, we'd love to help you with your work/life balance. Please email our team to meet with Golden Event Group's executive manager to see how we can help you and alleviate any balancing challenges! We're looking forward to hearing from you and we're thankful to have you on our team!

2. "Not great tbh"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Golden Events Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are upbeat office atmo is great good sense of community

Cons

Look this is not what it says it is. the interview process is never over They will send you to stores that do not make any demographic sense and when you struggle the blame is squarely on your shoulders. and when you advance you will straight up get more work for the same pay. work-life balance is nonexistent when accounting for all of the things on the side that isn't "required" but will put you in a bad light

"SCAM"

1.0
    Former Employee - Events Intern in Dallas, TX

I worked at Golden Events Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

There is literally no pro to this "company".

Cons

Everything...THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM

January 23, 2020Owner

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write about our company as we can see you have a lot of passion and wanted to voice your thoughts on an anonymous platform. We apologize that this was not a good fit for you, however we follow all state and national laws to conduct business as well as pass all audits with flying colors, otherwise we wouldn't be operating for the last 5+ years. Please email our HR team at hr@goldeneventsgroup.com to discuss your opinion further as we want to clear things up with you! Thank you!

"Could be worse"

Former Employee - Event Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Golden Events Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learned a lot Got me out of my shell

Cons

Long hours Product doesn’t really work

August 5, 2019Owner

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy you learned a lot and were able to get out of your shell! However, we do want to bring a few things to light. The products we work with go through seven rounds of testing before we promote or sell the product. In fact, each of our products are backed up by the nation's largest fortune 500 retailers, they put their name on each item we work with because they trust the product that much. I'm also not too sure when you say "honesty" and "many false stories to keep you there" under the advice to management. Can you please send us an email and elaborate? We do have a strong open door policy, so we would also be open to a phone call or face to face meeting where we can go over these, as we remain as transparent as possible. Thank you and I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

"An excellent company for growth!"

Business Administrator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Golden Events Group

Pros

This company allows for so much personal and professional growth. They give you all the skills and tools to help further your career.

Cons

Due to the short training period, you have to put a little more time than a typical 9-5; but definitely worth the extra work!

July 21, 2019Owner

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate having you on our team!

"not what I expected"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Golden Events Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

- a great jobs of you are interested in sales - you get to work alongside some great people

Cons

- salary completely commission based (which is something they don't tell you in the interview process) - no work/life balance

May 9, 2019Owner

Thank you for your feedback! However, we are not completely commission based, we thoroughly break down the pay structure in the third round interview and in new hire paperwork. We do also request each employee sign paperwork after reviewing so there is there is full transparency on the pay and they fully understand. We also offer overtime if someone does work over 40 hours a week and we also offer every Monday off. There is an additional day off during the week as well, so there is a balance. We apologize this wasn't a good fit but we do wish you the best of luck in your career search!

"A good environment for growth"

I worked at Golden Events Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I learn how to communicate with any personality types, manage inventory and be promoted to a leadership. Also I really appreciate to have this opportunity to resource successful people here and gain their recommendations for me to move forward in the long term. Thank you all so much!

Cons

It takes a lot of time to learn and grow within this business, but I understand the further promotion need the hard effort.

March 11, 2019Owner

Thank you for your feedback! Our goal is to cross train someone in all parts of our business so they feel fully confident in a management position. We appreciate all of your hard work!

8. "Great place"

4.0

I worked at Golden Events Group full-time

Pros

Great company environment. Love the team of committed people.

Cons

High turnover. No other cons other!

April 7, 2019Owner

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate having you on our team!

"My Experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Golden Events Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have known the owner for two and a half years now. She is such a great person! I have had so much fun watching her grow and sharing experiences with her and the team. My favorite memory with her was rooming together at a conference in Newport Beach with some of our other colleagues. Even though it was a work function it was so fun too. She is a beast in business. Quiet, but a killer! This girl knows how to let her actions and results speak!!

Cons

really no negatives with our relationship

February 25, 2019Owner

Thank you for your feedback on our partnership! We appreciate all positive relationships we build!

"Giving Back"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Golden Events Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was so excited to be apart of a growing company that was so intent on not just giving back to everyone "on the team", but also to shelters, charities and community in general. I was able to work here for almost a year and was thrilled with all I took away about management in everything from inventory to team building. Really motivated me to give back more to everyone I worked with.

Cons

If you're not intentional about your growth, you won't progress like you need to.

February 18, 2019Owner

Thank you for your feedback on our community outreach, it's something we're very proud of. We're so happy you learned so much while you were with us, we wish you the best of luck in your future career!

Found 65 reviews