Golden Hills School Division Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Golden Hills School Division Superintendent Bevan Daverne
Bevan Daverne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Administration and Student Services"

Former Employee - Educator in El Dorado Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Educator in El Dorado Hills, CA

I worked at Golden Hills School Division full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful school, the original Director was amazing , it has changed dramatically over the years. It is still a positive place for most students and parents, and has great opportunities to develop the whole student. It was once the most incredible school, and truly child/student centered.

Cons

It is often a victim of the negative points of a small school, and parents are permitted to pressure teachers and administration, this is especially true of those with money and influence3. This of course is not uncommon in our society, and more so when in an area that has a number of people that are very well off.

Advice to Management

Return to the roots of the school, make sure you continue to see each student as unique and education student centered. The students and staff, and community will all benefit.

2. "Good support, lots of meetings"

I worked at Golden Hills School Division full-time

Pros

Co workers friendly and easy to work with. Felt supported by admin team. Lots of holidays and admin was flexible about taking days off to go to interviews.

Cons

Lots of meetings and professional development. High staff turnover when I was at my school which is not good for the kids.

3. "Secretary"

Former Employee - Secretary in Strathmore, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Secretary in Strathmore, AB (Canada)

I worked at Golden Hills School Division full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Meeting many new people, working with many great people.

Cons

Working with a few bosses who are out to make many great people quit. And still not seeing themselves as the problem

Advice to Management

Get the one of you out and things would be great. You would have a great working environment, you all know who she is quit wasting time and do it.